Why do some say Sanchai > Samart?

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Samart has better boxing by far and you cant say Saenchai has better kicks either or clinch game.

because nobody on here was following the sport back in the 80's it's easier to look at Saenchai and see what he did in the late '90s-'10 where Samart is just as famous for what he did in Muay Thai and Western Boxing as he is for losing to Jeff Fenech.

as said numerous times on this subforum,no one had the longevity on competing at the highest level as Saenchai,also giving uo lbs to turn the bets more attractive and so the competition

It depends on what You measure.
Samart was more skilled but saenchai longevity is incredible.
To each his own.

Samart has skills Saenchai doesnt, but the same could be said in the opposite. They have different styles. People think Saenchai can be considered GOAT because of his longevity at the top. Samarts Boxing accomplishments have no bearing on his Muay Thai status. Ultimately its a toss up between Samart, Saenchai, Deiselnoi, and Apidej IMO.

Maybe because Saenchai was flashier - more visually impressive. It was just beautiful the way he fought. Maybe because he fought a wider range of fighters, sometimes facing some really big guys. But I agree with what you wrote under your thread title.

What does ">" mean?

Better? Who knows

Greater? I don't see the argument for Samart

Samart was an elite fighter only from 1980-1983 and again in 1988 -- and a lot of the reputation of Samart as the GOAT muay thai fighter comes from the boxing; would the reverence be the same had he retired from all forms of fighting in 1984 and then came back for a couple years in 88-89? I don't think so. It's the clean transition from sport to sport to sport that makes him the mythical figure. Samart's (muay thai) career was sensational, but I see him more as Ray Leonard than a Ray Robinson.

Saenchai was an elite stadium fighter from 1996-2014 and was the far and away P4P best for a good dozen of those years. His career has breadth and depth that is unique only to him. He could be divided into two fighters and both would be ATG (all time great) level fighters, and that doesn't include attaining the best international résumé ever in his spare time.

What does ">" mean?

Better? Who knows

Greater? I don't see the argument for Samart

Samart was an elite fighter only from 1980-1983 and again in 1988 -- and a lot of the reputation of Samart as the GOAT muay thai fighter comes from the boxing; would the reverence be the same had he retired from all forms of fighting in 1984 and then came back for a couple years in 88-89? I don't think so. It's the clean transition from sport to sport to sport that makes him the mythical figure. Samart's (muay thai) career was sensational, but I see him more as Ray Leonard than a Ray Robinson.

Saenchai was an elite stadium fighter from 1996-2014 and was the far and away P4P best for a good dozen of those years. His career has breadth and depth that is unique only to him. He could be divided into two fighters and both would be ATG (all time great) level fighters, and that doesn't include attaining the best international résumé ever in his spare time.

oh really?

Saenchai disagrees with you

Or accurate
You're just going to have to deal with the fact that people with a respected opinion on the sport see Saenchai as the greatest. Their is evidence to make that argument. At the end of the day GOAT discussions are purely objective, even on your end whether you would admit it or not. You don't really come across as an objective thinker...

You're just going to have to deal with the fact that people with a respected opinion on the sport see Saenchai as the greatest. Their is evidence to make that argument. At the end of the day GOAT discussions are purely objective, even on your end whether you would admit it or not. You don't really come across as an objective thinker...

oh sure
'people with a respected opinion on the sport' = snubnoze707?

Back