Why do some fans call close decisions that could have gone either way robberies?

Tysonfan22

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
A robbery in my opinion is when one fighter completely dominates his or her opponent and then the decision goes against them.

Why do some people now call close fight decisions robberies?

It seems like a bit of an over exaggeration

Hyperbole on the internet? Inconceivable!

Even if a fight is a 2 round to one fight, its still a robbery when the wrong fucking guy wins. Belal and Matthews got bs wins tonight. Just terrible judging going on.

The scenario you describe basically never happens.

Because the fighter I wanted to win didn't win.

The scenario you describe basically never happens.

No, it definitely does.

A few guys have already said Means was robbed tonight, and peoplewere screaming robbery at Dodson vs. Moraes too.

Thats just the last two weeks.

No, it definitely does.

A few guys have already said Means was robbed tonight, and peoplewere screaming robbery at Dodson vs. Moraes too.

Thats just the last two weeks.
Well it does
I'm talking about the definition of a robbery in the OP. A scenario where a fighter "completely dominates" then loses a decision.

Agreed wholeheartedly with the OP. Robberies should be saved to describe decisions like Pearson v Sanchez, that one was straight up theft. Ones like that do rarely happen, I'd say it's more common in boxing actually.

The heavies is a place of extremes

Just like on here in every victory the winner "dominates" or "destroys" his opponent.

Sherdog prolly have a limited vocabulary too.

Back