Why do people think Tony vs. Khabib will be competitive?

I told you guys dumbass Khabib fans would be making stupid threads leading up to the fight.

Anyone who thinks this fight is anything other than a 50/50 fight is a biased idiot.

There hasn't been a fight harder to call in a while.

You don't earn anybodies attention though. You're a dumb fuck with a dumbass opinion that hero-worships fighters. Picture of a fighter as your AV like it's a girl on your locker. You embarrassing fuck.

How about this you adolescent little cunt? You have a fucking box of crackers as your AV. Do you worship that box of crackers?

I have him in my AV because I bet on fights, and make money doing it. I was joking around with your dumb ass, but then you decided to get all salty and be internet tough guy. People do actually read and reply to my opinions here, because...well...it's a fucking forum ya dumb twat.

Was that concise enough for you, or is your vagina still all sandy because I wrote too much?

I think it will be a good fight but who knows, that is why we watch. Khabib has a smothering style that is hard to do much against offensively. But Tony has proven to be clever on the ground and has a lot of tricks up his sleeve. So hopefully we get to see some good back and forth and a competitive match. I am hoping Tony can keep it on the feet for awhile and make Khabib use up some ags getting it to the ground.

Khabib will lose i already called it several weeks ago,he will get picked off at long range and subbed or tko'd in the final round after a sustained beating

Tony Ferguson's win-streak albeit impressive is nothing more than a house of cards about to cave in. Aside from his RDA victory he has looked very beatable in all of his fights - many of them against very subpar competition. In the RDA fight there could have been a number of mitigating factors which led to the poor performance from RDA... whether it be a poor weight cut, coming off a loss, USADA, whatever.

Tony Ferguson was being pummeled and was even full mounted by a very green to the scene Kevin Lee who had the most blatant case of staph infection on his chest. Staph infection is very serious and isn't on the Tito Ortiz "fractured skull" of excuses when a fighter loses. It is admirable that Kevin Lee even took the fight.

An infection of that magnitude will certainly sap your energy, and it is obvious that fatigue attributed to Kevin Lee's eventual downfall in round 3... it wasn't that Tony Ferguson was the better fighter...

If Khabib comes in healthy to this fight, and that is a big if due to the intensity of his training and his difficult weight cuts, then I do not see how this fight is competitive barring the puncher's chance (or in Tony's case, a spinning elbow, flying knee, etc) which is possible in any fight.. although I feel like Tony will be even more hesitant than usual in this fight when it comes to throwing his flashy arsenal of moves because it will result in being taken down. This alone will make Tony's gameplan more restrictive.

Can you imagine if Khabib has full mount on Tony - (it won't happen because Khabib likes to stay in more advantageous positions)? Or is able to dictate the pace for 2-3 rounds? Anything else will be number one bullshit.

You mind condensing this into a paragraph or something? Too long, didn't read.

Kevin Lee was basically on his death bed and he gave tony all he could handle. I’m expecting Khabib to wrestle fuck him for the win. Dunno why anyone wouldn’t expect that sort of fight.
not really ferguson won round 2 and was winning round three until he subbed him

Tough fight to call. Anyone pretending otherwise is being willfully dense...or is a dumbass.

Jarl

I am leaning towards Tony in this fight. I think were gonna get a decision here consider the fact that both guys are incredibly hard to finish, in 51 fights between them they have been combined finished once. That being Tony be by a submission in 2009 which IMO is irrelevant at this point. When you have two high level guys like this you don't often see a finish in fights where one guy doesnt have a clear advantage in any element of mma.

So with all that said, I am gonna go with the guy that has the killer pace and cardio and that is Tony. He out paced RDA which is hard to do over 5 rounds, Khabib hasnt gone beyond 3 in his entire career and when he has no one has really challenged him that much cause he dominates. I think Tony will make him work harder and offer a challenge in that aspect and I think he will slow down in the later rounds. I think we'll get a competitive fight with Khabib winning the first 2/3 but then Tony will take over 4 and 5.

I agree that Tony is overrated, but I think you might be a little off about the staph infection thing. I don't think an external staph infection is super physically draining. I think that's when they get into your bloodstream.

I'm not an expert on the topic, so I could be wrong, but that's the impression I've always had. I had a wrestling teammate get staph in high school. He covered it up, took some antibiotics, and was good to go. I think he only missed 1 practice so he could get 24 hours of antibiotics into his system.
Where exactly should he rated if he is overrated?

Pretty dumb thread and you clearly haven’t competed a day in your life. Both have the best win streaks at 155 and both are hungry. Leave your basement, neckbeard.

Because it’s mma and one strike or submission attempt could end your night.

You watch many mma fights?

He does.
But he thinks that winning 10-9 rounds is the only way to truly prove a fighter is better.
He doesn’t think finishing is a legit way to win.

Tony's pace, cardio, will etc is what could give him trouble. I think Khabib should be a small favorite

cuz khabib's striking is straight up awful and tony is very dangerous off his back

I am leaning towards Tony in this fight. I think were gonna get a decision here consider the fact that both guys are incredibly hard to finish, in 51 fights between them they have been combined finished once. That being Tony be by a submission in 2009 which IMO is irrelevant at this point. When you have two high level guys like this you don't often see a finish in fights where one guy doesnt have a clear advantage in any element of mma.

So with all that said, I am gonna go with the guy that has the killer pace and cardio and that is Tony. He out paced RDA which is hard to do over 5 rounds, Khabib hasnt gone beyond 3 in his entire career and when he has no one has really challenged him that much cause he dominates. I think Tony will make him work harder and offer a challenge in that aspect and I think he will slow down in the later rounds. I think we'll get a competitive fight with Khabib winning the first 2/3 but then Tony will take over 4 and 5.

Good points but I think you saying neither gets finished is wrong. Tony is a risk taker, and Khabib isn't a guy to be satisfied just laying in his opponent's guard. They both are going to be going HARD after a finish. And as you said, it's possible Khabib fades enough late that Tony gets a round 4 or 5 stoppage.

Yeah, they've combined to be finished one time. That stat sounds great, until you take into account they only have a total of 3 losses between them! So they've also only lost a combined 2 decisions LOL.

I'm not saying it's a lock that it doesn't see the cards, but I think we see a finish.

Just imagine if Khabib wins. It means the most obnoxious fanbases in any sport will go head-to-head when he fights McGregor. The clash will conjure a black hole that ends the world.

solid thread, TS

i think the same about that fight

The longer the fight goes the more dangerous Tony becomes. Given that Khabib isn't a fight finisher, I would favor Tony as Tony will bring a level of intensity and pressure that Khabib has never faced in those five rounds.

I told you guys dumbass Khabib fans would be making stupid threads leading up to the fight.

Anyone who thinks this fight is anything other than a 50/50 fight is a biased idiot.

There hasn't been a fight harder to call in a while.

Pretty much.

I've been stanning Khabibi hard since he's come in, because he's an AKA guy and him being a Muslim really rustles the jimmies of a lot of our embarrassing Klansmen type posters. His judo is flat out amazing and he threshes people. No one - literally no one - screams at their opponents mid beating and also has the time and composure to talk shit to their corner as he does so. The guy is a maniac. I fully believe if he can take down Tony he will do to him what he does to everyone.

Yet Tony just keeps coming up with Ws in the toughest division in MMA. He's one of the few fighters that could absorb a couple rounds of savage beating and still have the cardio to win the fight. This is a fight with two of the most skilled men in the sport and haters on both sides are going to poo-poo it? The same clowns that think neither of them have a chance probably also think Conor would put Khabib to sleep in fifteen seconds because Micheal Johnson hit him literally once before taking the beating of a lifetime.

Back