Why do people think Tony vs. Khabib will be competitive?

Why do the posters in this thread think anybody wants to read their 4 paragraphs of bullshit? Learn to condense your thoughts, you long-winded, dumb fucks.

The fact that ppl seem to be pretty evenly divided on this fight, says it all. If either guy could win. That automatically makes it “ competitive “.

It could actually go down in a very dominant way. Which is obviously what you mean.

But, I bet alot of ppl will go along with way I’m defining “ competitive “ As it relates to this fight.

I’m not even close to making my pick yet. I won’t make my final prediction until after the ceremonial weigh-ins. I need every little bit of data possible. Right now it’s a coin flip, for me. I have no horse in this race. So, I can strictly make my prediction with my head. Emotion will not factor into it at all. That is the epitome of competitive, for me.

Why do the posters in this thread think anybody wants to read their 4 paragraphs of bullshit? Learn to condense your thoughts, you long-winded, dumb fucks.

It literally takes 30 seconds to read a few paragraphs and process it. Fucking tiny ass attention spans these days. I blame video games. Take an adderall and it will all be okay.

It's the same kind of people who say Edgar was average

Ferguson always losing until he wins is exactly WHY he's so dangerous. You can pummel him for 4.5 rounds and he'll find a way to win in the last half round while still being fresh somehow.

Remember when people said Ngannou would crush Stipe?
Or Edgar would expose Ortega?

Well, these guys are now saying Tony has absolutely no chance of winning.

<mma4>

Tony vs Khabib is a great fight and both fighters face their hardest challenge yet. Both guys have multiple ways of winning this. It's gonna be competitive.

I like Khabib but this fight IS going to be competitive. Khabib can certainly dominate wrestling-wise but Tony can always pull a sneaky sub so Khabib better be VERY careful.

Tony Ferguson's win-streak albeit impressive is nothing more than a house of cards about to cave in. Aside from his RDA victory he has looked very beatable in all of his fights - many of them against very subpar competition. In the RDA fight there could have been a number of mitigating factors which led to the poor performance from RDA... whether it be a poor weight cut, coming off a loss, USADA, whatever.

Tony Ferguson was being pummeled and was even full mounted by a very green to the scene Kevin Lee who had the most blatant case of staph infection on his chest. Staph infection is very serious and isn't on the Tito Ortiz "fractured skull" of excuses when a fighter loses. It is admirable that Kevin Lee even took the fight.

An infection of that magnitude will certainly sap your energy, and it is obvious that fatigue attributed to Kevin Lee's eventual downfall in round 3... it wasn't that Tony Ferguson was the better fighter...

If Khabib comes in healthy to this fight, and that is a big if due to the intensity of his training and his difficult weight cuts, then I do not see how this fight is competitive barring the puncher's chance (or in Tony's case, a spinning elbow, flying knee, etc) which is possible in any fight.. although I feel like Tony will be even more hesitant than usual in this fight when it comes to throwing his flashy arsenal of moves because it will result in being taken down. This alone will make Tony's gameplan more restrictive.

Can you imagine if Khabib has full mount on Tony - (it won't happen because Khabib likes to stay in more advantageous positions)? Or is able to dictate the pace for 2-3 rounds? Anything else will be number one bullshit.
I love Khabib but has Tony has the mentality to make this competitive, even if he is outclassed, he won't it make it easy for Khabib.

Anything can happen. The key aspects of the fight will come down to Tony's ability to stop the takedown or negate any offense Khabib has if he does get taken down. I feel Khabib will be able to hang 5 rounds, but it is less like for Tony's gas tank to fade so that could also be a turning point if the fight goes to the championship rounds and for some reason Khabib loses steam (at least enough where he has difficult time taking Ferg down). All those aspects could make the fight competitive. Of course there is a good chance Khabib will beat him to a pulp on the ground, but Tony is tough as nails and has a slick ground game himself with the better striking.

I agree that Tony is overrated, but I think you might be a little off about the staph infection thing. I don't think an external staph infection is super physically draining. I think that's when they get into your bloodstream.

I'm not an expert on the topic, so I could be wrong, but that's the impression I've always had. I had a wrestling teammate get staph in high school. He covered it up, took some antibiotics, and was good to go. I think he only missed 1 practice so he could get 24 hours of antibiotics into his system.

All I have to say is Lee had a fucking BOIL the.most common staph which is NOT life threatening. What Whittaker had is life threatening. I've had worse ones than Lee sterilize and lance that shit and move on. I would get staph commonly and my own doctor told me to treat it like a huge pimple. Damn pansies on sherdog act like its cancer
Edit didnt mean to derail carry on

I just rewatched Khabib v Tibau in prep for this fight. As many people have said before, I think Khabib lost this fight. It was long ago, and only his second appearance in the UFC, so obviously he's not the same fighter today. But I really think that if Ferguson uses a game plan similar to Tibau's he's got a good chance to win. Problem is that Ferguson can get wild and leave himself open for the TD. And while he will be the bigger fighter, I'm not sure that Ferguson is stronger than Khabib. Khabib wasted so much energy trying (never successfully, note) to take Tibau down. If Khabib can close the distance on Tony, he'll get the TD.

Curious fight...

Khabib is one dimensional and Tony might be the one to expose him.

how do you expose someone with a 9 fight ufc win streak and has dominated strikers, grapplers and wrestlers alike?

1BBD33EA-BC83-415C-85F3-BCA641F6E809.gif

i don't think you know what that word means or you're just an idiot. getting exposed is what happened to Sage, Page, and a billion other prospects in the UFC. Khabib is not a prospect, or even a contender, most people consider him to be the #1 155er on the planet.

even IF Tony beats him in a UD, Khabib won't be "exposed" he will simply have lost a close battle to the champion in an incredible match up, like Randy vs Chuck 1, BJ vs GSP, etc etc. nobody was ignorantly saying after GSP won "oh BJ got exposed". Because if you talk like that you sound like some TMZ watching bafoon with zero thought process of what garbage is coming out of your mouth.

If Khabib comes in healthy to this fight, and that is a big if due to the intensity of his training and his difficult weight cuts,
\

Sounds like you made the case for it yourself there

There isn’t a real possibility that Khabib just rag dolls and controls Tong. Anybody who’s watched enough of Tony’s fights knows that’s possible. Will see what happens though.

Staph infection is not by definition very serious. Practically every wound will will have staph in it as it belongs to the normal skin flora and even with an wound that's staph-infected to the point where you need antibiotics you can still be completely unaffected aside from some pain.

I stopped reading here. Tony Ferguson was full mounted by Kevin Lee. If Khabib had Tony Ferguson on the ground like that he would have a broken face. His will would be gone.
wow. you speak like this is a known fact.
has this fight happened and i did not see it?
i hope you dont bother to actually watch the fights with this vast knowledge of what will in fact happen.
mma must be boring to you

Back