Why do people think Nates chin is better than Tonys?

FlyingKimurabar

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Prior to his fights with Conor, Nate had been dropped 5 times by strikes, finished by strikes, and had been in trouble many times in his career from strikes.

Tony has been knocked down twice, has never been finished by strikes, and has never even been in serious trouble. Even when he got dropped he didn't even seem remotely in trouble and was scrambling and back to his feet in seconds.

Not saying Conor can't KO him, but looking at the evidence it's pretty clear Tonys chin is as good or better than Nates.

I feel like Tony gets hit more with his style.

"Tony Ferguson is like Little Diaz with fucking Elk Blood in him" - Fat Joey Diaz

Lol Nate is very overrated by Conor fans. He lives off a UD against Michael Johnson and a win over Cerrone 5 years ago. It is very surprising that he is still ranked at the top 10 despite being so inactive and undisciplined

Just Conor fanboys trying to downplay Tony's durability. Everyone knows Tony can take a shot just as good if not better than Nate.

Tony rolls with punches in a unique way. My background is boxing and the way it is done in that sport is different. Instead of rolling away from punches or "with the punch" as we say, he also rolls toward and THROUGH punches and kicks and he doesn't absorb damage. It looks sloppy but I think there's a method to his madness. He does keep winning with his style.

Because Conor's crew has said it, so it is like he had said it, which makes it true to most fans, and to media which may be trying to cater to those fans specifically.

I feel like Tony gets hit more with his style.

Fightmetrics says Nates strikes absorbed per minutes is 3.69, while Tonys is 3.48. So close, but Nate gets hit more. Though a lot of those are leg kicks so it's probably a wash in terms of head strikes.

Also Tonys Strike Defense ( percentage of strikes opponents threw that didn't land ) is 64%, while Diaz is 54%.

Fightmetrics says Nates strikes absorbed per minutes is 3.69, while Tonys is 3.48. So close, but Nate gets hit more. Though a lot of those are leg kicks so it's probably a wash in terms of head strikes.

Also Tonys Strike Defense ( percentage of strikes opponents threw that didn't land ) is 64%, while Diaz is 54%.

Fair enough, do you think it's Tony's awkward unusual style that has me and a lot of others perceiving it like this?

Nate's chin at 170 is better than either Nate's or Tony's chins at 155. It's just a fact that dehydration increases your chance of being concussed.

Because people are really stupid

Let's see how many KO/TKO losses Tony has after another 10 fights against quality opposition. Nate has been fighting legit guys for much longer and besides the Thompson loss has never looked like he was even close to being unconscious. My guess is Tony's style is going to lead to him walking into a punch or two in years to come. We'll see

Tony was trippin' on queer street against that Karate guy, Lando Calrissian, image Conor puts it on his chin.

Fair enough, do you think it's Tony's awkward unusual style that has me and a lot of others perceiving it like this?

Not sure honestly, my first instinct is to say it bias. Conor fans want to believe that Nate is the only magical being able to withstand Conors power, and since he did he obviously has the best chin ever. But I don't know your post history so can't really say.

Nate's chin at 170 is better than either Nate's or Tony's chins at 155. It's just a fact that dehydration increases your chance of being concussed.

That is possible, but there is zero evidence to support Nates chin at 170 is better than Tonys at 155.
He only had a few fights at 170 and he was primarily grapple fucked at that weight.

Let's see how many KO/TKO losses Tony has after another 10 fights against quality opposition. Nate has been fighting legit guys for much longer and besides the Thompson loss has never looked like he was even close to being unconscious. My guess is Tony's style is going to lead to him walking into a punch or two in years to come. We'll see

Fair point, but RDA & Thomson are two of the three guys who gave Nate the worst beatdowns and Tony beat them. In fact he mauled Thomson.

Tony's chin is average at best. What saves him is his conditioning. Kind of like Nate.

Nothing suggests Tony's chin is better than Nates. Nothing.

Lol Nate is very overrated by Conor fans. He lives off a UD against Michael Johnson and a win over Cerrone 5 years ago. It is very surprising that he is still ranked at the top 10 despite being so inactive and undisciplined
So damn true, wish i could like this 1,000 times.

Tony was trippin' on queer street against that Karate guy, Lando Calrissian, image Conor puts it on his chin.

Thomson treated Nate like his bitch, and Tony walked through his strikes like they were nerf guns.

Both guys get wobbled and decked in their fights.

BOTH guys have AMAZING recovery, and the ability to rally back, after getting knocked down. Heart & cardio for days.

Anyone thinking Conor FINISHES either guy with ease, is blinded by McGs flapping ball-sack tea-bagging all over their foreheads and eye-balls.

Last edited:
Fair point, but RDA & Thomson are two of the three guys who gave Nate the worst beatdowns and Tony beat them. In fact he mauled Thomson.

Also a fair point. RDA was done at LW by the time Tony fought him though and Ferguson really only beat the ghost of Josh Thompson, at least he resembled somewhat of an elite fighter when he fought Nate.

Diaz's standup is overrated. His footwork is nearly non-existent and his jabs/crosses/hookes are way,way slower than Tony's. Tony has way more offensive striking speed than Nate. Not to mention, he also has powerful elbows/knees while nate just got hands. The nut huggers swear nate is better than tony but if they fought eachother tony would win easily. Obviously nate doesn't wanna fight tony cause he can lose and it'll ruin his stock and then he REALLY can't make a case for a shot at conor.

Back