Why do people say grappling is better for street fighting than boxing?

lifesux

White Belt
Reaction score
I dont understand why people act like pro boxers would get beat up easy in a street fight, those guys are tough and hit hard and have iron chins. I dont know why people think grappling is superior because when you think about it in a street fight if a guy tried to pull guard or take me down im knocking him out. And even if a guy did get me down what can he really do im not gonna quit if i get armbarred or something so how can grappling be superior when in reality in a street fight you cant do much with it?

BTW i been hit by pro boxers and never even hurt so a grappler definitly would have no chance at someone like me in a street fight but in mma its different.

Hey you need them kind of women man they can be usedful.
I remember back when i had a bad problem with the pot this fat girl i was dating just decided to confront me and she confronts me in the kitchen one day and says "david you really got to quit the dope its ruining your life. You just get high all day and hump the furniture"

Of course, i wasn't buying this and i got angry and got ready to leave her place and she grabbed me and just crushed me up against the wall then took me down and sat on my chest
(all 300 pounds of her) and she told me to swear id cut down on the pot or she would crack my ribs. So im caught between a buffalo and a hard place ya know whats a mother fucker to do? I weeded myself down from smoking 5 bowls a day to 3 and it was all thanks to that one fat woman.

See what im saying is your dick doesnt have eyeballs near it... it just has them other balls, so why not just stick in any girl even if she is fat you just smoke a couple of roaches and you dont even know the difference anyway bro.....

if i was in a street fight with you and i had you in an armbar...

idgaf even if you did tap im still snapping your arm off.

because everytime they tap and you let them out, its not like a mma fight... fights over lets go home

they fly right at you again.

but watch ufc 1-3 its been proven that grappling is probably the most effective style of fighting

I remember back when i had a bad problem with the pot this fat girl i was dating just decided to confront me and she confronts me in the kitchen one day and says "david you really got to quit the dope its ruining your life. You just get high all day and hump the furniture"

Of course, i wasn't buying this and i got angry and got ready to leave her place and she grabbed me and just crushed me up against the wall then took me down and sat on my chest
(all 300 pounds of her) and she told me to swear id cut down on the pot or she would crack my ribs. So im caught between a buffalo and a hard place ya know whats a mother fucker to do? I weeded myself down from smoking 5 bowls a day to 3 and it was all thanks to that one fat woman.

See what im saying is your dick doesnt have eyeballs near it... it just has them other balls, so why not just stick in any girl even if she is fat you just smoke a couple of roaches and you dont even know the difference anyway bro.....

LOL, thats some wierd ass reply man

Pretty much.....this.

Because many grapplers have never felt what it
feels like to get punched in the face at full power.

Let me see...
My dad respresented the State in judo, I grew
up freestyle wrestling at the local pcyc (sports club),
got a BJJ blue belt so yeah I've grappled (and
got the utmost respect for grappling as a result).

But the facts are you can train grappling without
ever feeling the shock of a punch to the face.
And a hard punch to the face (with the power to
ko) changes the game a lot.

Last edited:
mainly because most ppl know how to throw a punch and sorta to take one, but a slim minority of people know how to grapple. If you can it is easy to get someone's back and ether choke them or just beat the F out of their head.

Why do people say grappling is better for street fighting than boxing?

Because they want you to pay them money to teach it to you?

It really comes down to the person. It would be best to be well-rounded, but some people having a greater aptitude for stand up and others for grappling.

this guy is trolling the grappling forum as well.
He is claiming he is so strong only lesnar or mir could submit him, but he would KO them before they could get a chance.

:)

well idk about throwing a proper punch but yeah they know how to swing the fists. but i agree with the rest of this statement. and trust me ts ive experienced it and not getting takin down is alot easier said than done

well ya most people arent aware of how to throw a crisp jab or a hook using their legs abs but ya if you dont understand wrestling you are going down against someone that does. It is just the way it is

this guy is trolling the grappling forum as well.
He is claiming he is so strong only lesnar or mir could submit him, but he would KO them before they could get a chance.

:)

oh ya hes the guy that claims to bench 550 lol

If the guys trolling he probably can't grapple
or box. So fuck him I say.

Grappling is best because attackers on the street never ever would have a knife on them you don't see at first, which they will ram into your ribs as soon as you get a hold of them. They also would never come to put their thumbs deep in your eye sockets in that situation. They also never have friends standing around that will stomp your head when you grapple. And of course they are never drunk or high, which would make them resistant to pain and they would still come at you with a broken arm. Not to forget pulling guard on concrete feels like bedding yourself on a cushy cloud.

Grappling is best because attackers on the street never ever would have a knife on them you don't see at first, which they will ram into your ribs as soon as you get a hold of them. They also would never come to put their thumbs deep in your eye sockets in that situation. They also never have friends standing around that will stomp your head when you grapple. And of course they are never drunk or high, which would make them resistant to pain and they would still come at you with a broken arm. Not to forget pulling guard on concrete feels like bedding yourself on a cushy cloud.

or gun.

which is why we dont street fight. not ever

why not just stick in any girl even if she is fat you just smoke a couple of roaches and you dont even know the difference anyway bro.....

You're joking (I think) but damn, gettin' sexy with a juicy fat girl after a few spliffs is mighty fine. As long as the cooch smells and tastes good and she's got a pretty face, o' course.

Er what was this thread about?

Grappling is best because attackers on the street never ever would have a knife on them you don't see at first, which they will ram in your ribs as soon as you get a hold on them. They also would never come to put their thumbs deep in your eye sockets in that situation. They also never have friends standing around that will stomp your head when you go to grapple. And of course they are never drunk or high, which would make them resistant to pain and they would still come at you with a broken arm. Not to forget pulling guard on concrete feels like bedding yourself on a cushy cloud.

you forgot that the concrete may open up mortal combat style and become a lava pit

:rolleyes:

Also:

Striking is best because attackers on the street never ever would have a knife on them you don't see at first, which they will ram in your ribs or arms as soon as you get close to them. They also would never tackle you to the ground that situation and knife you there. They also never have friends standing around that will stomp your head once you have been taken down or hit you in the back of the head while standing. And of course they are never drunk or high, which would make them resistant to pain and they would still come at you with a broken jaw. Not to forget punching skulls with no gloves on feels like punching a cushy cloud.

combine both angles one could come to the conclusion that fighting can get you hurt and have unknown factors where you style of fighting may not be enough.*gasp!*
I personally think having disengaging abilities for striking and grappling to put yourself in a position to run away is the only realistic way to approach a multiple attack scenario.

As for the lava pits you could carry around one of those great enviro suits they have on doom.

:icon_lol:

Back