Why do people like Jimmie Rivera?

Seems like a cool guy who comes to fight, with a good record and a win over Faber.

I dunno, I can forgive a guy not finishing as long as its not for lack of trying.

Almeida will get starched, he is too wild with his offense. And Jimmie always stays in his game focused waiting for opportunities.

Great record but boring to watch. Hope Almeida wins but doubt it.

I like him because I enjoyed the beating he put on Faber, but I will be rooting for Almeida

He's 20-2 if you consider his loss to Bermudez on TUF. He's a solid fighter, and I expect him to beat Almeida, maybe even by KO, but I've yet to see anything to suggest he'll beat TJ or Cody

No he doesn't Faber eyepoked Jimmie as well.
Huh. I really don't remember that. I guess the drama from the fransico just stood out more to me cuz the way it ended. I stand corrected. Damn Faber for wrecking both of the riveras eyes!

Quality boxer, still mosts favourite discipline to watch.

Quality boxer, still mosts favourite discipline to watch.
I love watching boxing in both the traditional sense and in MMA. But I can't watch Rivera for some reason. In his fight with Faber I just stopped paying attention. I think it was because I knew there was no chance of a finish.

So winning decisions = overrated or overhyped fighter? I mean, I could understand it if he was decisioning dudes like Kenneth Allen or something, who get finished a ton, but his last three fights were against some of the best fighters, all of which have been finished a grand total of 6 times combined.

I like the guy. Very exciting and loves to bang. Future contender!!!

Dude lost me after accepting a replacement fight and then backing out of the fight against Marlon Vera. His reasoning being something like not wanting to ruin the dude's career because he needs to get paid, while I'm sitting there thinking this dude is now not going to get paid cuz you rejected the fight.

So winning decisions = overrated or overhyped fighter? I mean, I could understand it if he was decisioning dudes like Kenneth Allen or something, who get finished a ton, but his last three fights were against some of the best fighters, all of which have been finished a grand total of 6 times combined.
Ur argument really fell apart with that last sentence. They have been finished. I get it if he is decisioning ur Big Country esque durable guys who just about no one finishes, but if they can be finished go and do it especially if ur this hyped prospect, what annoys me is he doesn't even attempt to.

almost a clever pun, but you have the wrong Rivera. Ts mentioned Jimmie not Fransico
Faber did it to both man, only difference is that I think the ref caught the one on Jimmie.

Faber did it to both man, only difference is that I think the ref caught the one on Jimmie.
Yea, I got corrected on this already. I completely forgot about that jimmie eye poke for whatever reason. At least he was able fight through it an go on to take the win

This will be a good test vs Almeida

Dude is on a 19-fight win streak, decisions or not thats pretty impressive

Back