Why do people in North American drink light beer?

In America we drink light beer and do hard drugs!

It's all because of marketing. It has nothing to do with alcohol content. Light beers have less than a 1% difference in alcohol than their "regular" counterparts.

Fun fact: Guiness has less alcohol and calories than most "light" beers.

Light beer here means low calorie, not reduced alcohol. Reduced alcohol is called things like near beer and three two (it’s 3.2% alcohol by volume).

Most of the low calorie beers are just lower calorie versions of flavorless jizzwater like Budweiser or Miller. Not a huge difference in taste or alcohol content.

In Australia light beer = low alcohol.

In US light beer = low carb.

In Australia light beer = low alcohol.

In US light beer = low carb.
Abv and calories are directly related though so less alcohol means less calories.

Also mass marketed American beer is shit but America also has the best beer in the world that other countries are now trying to emulate.

I have a friend with Crohn's disease that drinks non alcoholic beer at strip clubs.

I once paid $12 for a non alcoholic beer at a strip club. Was awful but we were to wasted to get in anywhere else.
We left as soon as one strippers got on stage. Good god was she ugly.

One of those nights when you have to really take stock of your lufe.

Lager is pretty much the most popular beer everywhere, so I don't see how this is a North American exclusive. What are you drinking in Australia? Fosters?

We slam Hazy Juice Bomb IPA's, Pastry Stouts, and Jammy Sours where I come from...

Abv and calories are directly related though so less alcohol means less calories.

Also mass marketed American beer is shit but America also has the best beer in the world that other countries are now trying to emulate.

Every American beer ive tried was shit. But i guess the foreigners think Aussies drink fosters whichis no less shit.

I gather you guys have a large craft beer scene too.

Lager is pretty much the most popular beer everywhere, so I don't see how this is a North American exclusive. What are you drinking in Australia? Fosters?

We slam Hazy Juice Bomb IPA's, Pastry Stouts, and Jammy Sours where I come from...

Finding Fosters in an Aussie bottle shop is actually a note worthy event. Maybe 2% of shops stock it, if that.

I drink 150 lashes from James Squire. Its a very popular pale ale.

A better question is who the fuck buys non alcoholic beer

Pregnant women who actually like the taste of beer and dont want their kids to grow up as retarded sherdoggers

I'm thinking these are valid reasons. However, I would just drink less full strength beers and drink water in between drinks. Maybe you guys just have shit beer in North America.

Europe has good beer so I think they also mostly drink full strength.
That's why California by itself beats all of Europe in microbrew taste tests. The whole west coast makes amazing beer.

Why do people drink diet soda or decaf coffee?

Sorry I think Canadians and Mexicans are normal like the rest of the world and drink regular beer and use the metric system.

We actually drink a lot of light beer down here too.

It's all because of marketing. It has nothing to do with alcohol content. Light beers have less than a 1% difference in alcohol than their "regular" counterparts.

Fun fact: Guiness has less alcohol and calories than most "light" beers.

I like Guinness, but on Guinness alone, I am more likely to feel full than drunk.

I prefer Fosters, but I rarely drink anyway.

It has come to my knowledge that light beer is very popular in the US(more popular than regular beer).

This seems really weird as in Australia we seldom drink light beer. The only time it would be acceptable is if you are driving.

In conclusion: Full strength or GTFO

(MMA thread of the year, I know)

We sacrifice beer calories, so that we can eat more cheeseburgers.

Regular beer tastes like shit.

Beer in general tastes like shit, but lite beer is not as bad

This is just not true. Regular beer has way more flavor the light beer. Light beer is a sacrifice to consume less calories.

If you.can see through it, it's a girly beer.

I like Guinness, but on Guinness alone, I am more likely to feel full than drunk.

I prefer Fosters, but I rarely drink anyway.

I googled Fosters and it shows 4% alcohol content, Michelob Ultra is 4.2%.

Light beer in North America means low calorie.

I googled Fosters and it shows 4% alcohol content, Michelob Ultra is 4.2%.

Light beer in North America means low calorie.

I’m not a big beer guy.

If I wanted to get drunk then I’d buy a bottle of red wine (my first hangover was on white, where I threw up and passed out at the base of my uncles toilet).

I keep myself sober in case I have to drive, like money and am not that keen on the taste of alcohol in general.

Yes, but it doesnt applies to most American and some Mexican brands.

Back