Why do people get married? Why are we monogamous?

It used to be like that when women were submissive, also it required to have 2 households, so it wasnt technically having 2 wives, just 2 lives.
Philippines is very similar to Mexico, albeit lagging behind. Still common here to have multiple households, if you can afford it. Don't ask, don't tell.

Philippines is very similar to Mexico, albeit lagging behind. Still common here to have multiple households, if you can afford it. Don't ask, don't tell.

Here it was common a generation ago, but again it depended on the education level of the woman and the economic interests and the such.

Still is not really polygamy as the mistress doesnt has the same rights nor it was well seen either (too much drama).

Here it was common a generation ago, but again it depended on the education level of the woman and the economic interests and the such.

Still is not really polygamy as the mistress doesnt has the same rights nor it was well seen either (too much drama).
Sorry for infecting your country with feminism.

Signed, America

haha

Sorry for infecting your country with feminism.

Signed, America

haha

Its not feminism, is women education which gave them financial independence so they dont need to rely on a cheating husband anymore.

It was never ok, but i mean you are the wife of a guy that provides for everything and you realize he has a mistress, you cant divorce because of catholicism and if you kick him out of the house who is going to provide financially?

So women just suffered in silence or they tried to run the other family off.

How can you even know though? If everything you think you know is a fake mask, you wont find out till after the vows. that is what makes it such a risky trap. Not the dudes fault if the chick is hiding her true nature from him, he has no way of even knowing.

Yes he does.

You should be with a partner for years before you get married. It takes 3 years at least, imo, before you know that you have seen the full extent of anothers personality.

It's a matter of due process. If you meet someone who can fake love and shared goals for years then you must both be quite the prize and they be quite the actor. Seems an unlikely situation when you see it written down doesn't it?

Yes he does.

You should be with a partner for years before you get married. It takes 3 years at least, imo, before you know that you have seen the full extent of anothers personality.

It's a matter of due process. If you meet someone who can fake love and shared goals for years then you must both be quite the prize and they be quite the actor. Seems an unlikely situation when you see it written down doesn't it?
Unfortunately many religions do not allow for cohabitation before marriage. It is seen as a sin, so many if not the out right majority don't do it. Not that i dont agree with you, but your advice will not apply to the majority of people.

Secondly i am in just such a situation that you think is unlikely.. Dated my wife for 4 years before we got married. Everything before the marriage was great, but the moment i put a ring on it and said vows, literally everything changed. That. Very. Week. I didn't see it coming. Been trying to fix us for years. Not going well, so i am close to divorcing her now.. Edit to add. Unless you are talking about living with each other, as we didn't do that. It seems Cohabitation is when the real mask comes off, not the couple who dates but lives separately. I honestly wish i had lived with her first as i would not have married her knowing what i know now..

This is why i come off like a rabid redpill. I see marriage as a trap, a nightmare that can be avoided and will do my utmost to prevent young, virile men from making the most expensive mistake of their lives. There is no way to tell with someone who is an expert at faking their emotions and behaviors. It has nothing to do with the male being stupid or not, some people are just expert liars.

Unfortunately many religions do not allow for cohabitation before marriage. It is seen as a sin, so many if not the out right majority don't do it. Not that i dont agree with you, but your advice will not apply to the majority of people.

Secondly i am in just such a situation that you think is unlikely.. Dated my wife for 4 years before we got married. Everything before the marriage was great, but the moment i put a ring on it and said vows, literally everything changed. That. Very. Week. I didn't see it coming. Been trying to fix us for years. Not going well, so i am close to divorcing her now.. Edit to add. Unless you are talking about living with each other, as we didn't do that. It seems Cohabitation is when the real mask comes off, not the couple who dates but lives separately. I honestly wish i had lived with her first as i would not have married her knowing what i know now..

This is why i come off like a rabid redpill. I see marriage as a trap, a nightmare that can be avoided and will do my utmost to prevent young, virile men from making the most expensive mistake of their lives. There is no way to tell with someone who is an expert at faking their emotions and behaviors. It has nothing to do with the male being stupid or not, some people are just expert liars.

Sounds rough, yeah I absolutely believe cohabitation to be the main component of a relationship and a full relationship to be proper before legal marriage. I don't know how I'd deal with your situationat all.

When I married we'd been together for 6 yrs, living together for 3. It felt like a total continuation of the status quo but with both of us commiting out loud and inviting family and friends to witness that.

Im definitively someone who i think would be happier in a polygamous relationship.

I think 2 wives would be perfect for my lifestyle, but alas, that is impossible under the society i live in. Specially not with the wife i have.

claro acuerdo. solo polygyny para mí. las mujeres siempre son ganadoras en una relación poliamorosa. En la escuela me leí el libro Un mundo feliz creo que ese tipo de sociedad tribal y racial no monógama podría funcionar. Las personas tienen todas las necesidades satisfechas y no tienen celos ya que nadie reclama la propiedad de una persona. jajaaja Quiero dos esposas o tres. las mujeres amorosas sienten que podría amarlas a todas. No gusta golfa por esposas jajaja. ¿Lo has leído?

claro acuerdo. solo polygyny para mí. las mujeres siempre son ganadoras en una relación poliamorosa. En la escuela me leí el libro Un mundo feliz creo que ese tipo de sociedad tribal y racial no monógama podría funcionar. Las personas tienen todas las necesidades satisfechas y no tienen celos ya que nadie reclama la propiedad de una persona. jajaaja Quiero dos esposas o tres. las mujeres amorosas sienten que podría amarlas a todas. No gusta golfa por esposas jajaja. ¿Lo has leído?

Is that google translate or is spanish your second language?

Of course a polygamous relationship needs to have only one man as the head of the family since men are inherently competitive and jealous.

Havent read the book TBH.

I listened to Rampage's recent MMA Hour segment and he said his Japanese wife treated him like a samurai and then after marriage, she changed and tried to take half his money.

Because we are a patriarchal society. We should be more like the bonobos and less like the chipanzeees.

I listened to Rampage's recent MMA Hour segment and he said his Japanese wife treated him like a samurai and then after marriage, she changed and tried to take half his money.
Probably felt like she deserved it after all the 'Titties' comments from him.

My wife told me my dick is allergic to other pussies.

Must be.

Mine always swells up something fierce the moment it makes contact with one.
Prolonged contact and a sticky discharge comes out.

Much suffering.

Back