Why do people excuse money fights...

<{vega}>lmao

My point is, I would want to fight for millions of dollars and have my family swim in money so I understand Conor going for it and making that ridiculous fight happen. While I understand him and respect him for making that happen you just seem bitter as fuck that he did.

Regardless, the fighting business it's not an easy one, it's a brutal sport with serious consequences to it and I believe they deserve to get paid tons of money for it. And you will just continue to be bitter. Jealousy is not a good look!

<41>

What a retard. "Hurr durr youre jealous".. ok man, fuck off

like they're ufc employees when in reality you will never see a penny if someone like mcfraud makes millions?

That just doesn't go in my head. So ridiculous this new generation of "mma-fans"

I get it from the fighters' points of view. Hard for them NOT to put their financial security first, so can't be mad at them.

I don't agree with it from the org's point of view, at least in most cases, as they should take a small hit in order to lend legitimacy to their whole enterprise.

From a fan's point of view, I couldn't give two shits about Conor Diaz 2 or 3 but I AM excited for Bisping GSP and I would have loved Jones-Brock for example.

So for me as a fan it depends on if the fight is interesting to me or not. Seeing Conor fight Diaz for the 3rd time is NOOOOOT interesting to me as a fan.

But I'd watch anyway.

like they're ufc employees when in reality you will never see a penny if someone like mcfraud makes millions?

That just doesn't go in my head. So ridiculous this new generation of "mma-fans"

Here is your answer by the 5th post in this thread:

Maybe because they want to see the money fights? Just a thought that maybe the fights are money fights because people are willing to fork over money to watch them.

Not only did you choose not to reply to the most sensible answer here, you cherry-picked the low-hanging fruit and went around calling people retards and imbeciles instead.

Good job.

Money fights bring exposure to the sport, they bring in more money which means fighters can make more money. The more money coming into MMA the more likely super athletes are to choose it over other sports. I'm fine with this.

Not a big fan of "Money_Fights". But they do give us match-ups we might never see. Just would rather see the champ defend against the top contender first.

MMA hipsters are obsessed with money, be it fighter purses or PPV buys. Probably because they live in studio apartments downtown and can only afford PBR

Bitches about fighters not getting paid, then cries about money fights. So awesome.

Because they're fans of certain fighters not actually MMA

This is a decease from the Conor era. His teenagers fanboys will say anything to protect their idol.

Maybe because they want to see the money fights? Just a thought that maybe the fights are money fights because people are willing to fork over money to watch them.

Yeah idiots are willing to fork over money because they're told by social media it's the "next best fight"

Seeing people putting their health on the line for entertainment? Yea I'd like to see that guy paid well. You're not too sharp are you?

Of course we'd all like to see MMA fighters get better pay, job security, benefits etc. but in fairness I think the guy's point is why (as "fans") do we subscribe to these circus show fights that hold little or no credibility within their respective divisions? Purely because it will draw in more idiots who don't actually care at all about the sport of MMA, which is only further perpetuating the cycle.

Surely as true fans, guys who championed the sport in it's dark days, always stood up for it's legitimacy should be allowed the right to speak out when we see it veering away from a credible respected combat sport to little more than cheap entertainment based on fake feuds and weight-class hopping.

You have to ask yourself did you like the UFC any less when Anderson, JBJ and GSP were all dominant champions, but within their own respective weight classes? Did you look forward to major events any less? I doubt it.

Yeah idiots are willing to fork over money because they're told by social media it's the "next best fight"

Of course we'd all like to see MMA fighters get better pay, job security, benefits etc. but in fairness I think the guy's point is why (as "fans") do we subscribe to these circus show fights that hold little or no credibility within their respective divisions? Purely because it will draw in more idiots who don't actually care at all about the sport of MMA, which is only further perpetuating the cycle.

Surely as true fans, guys who championed the sport in it's dark days, always stood up for it's legitimacy should be allowed the right to speak out when we see it veering away from a credible respected combat sport to little more than cheap entertainment based on fake feuds and weight-class hopping.

You have to ask yourself did you like the UFC any less when Anderson, JBJ and GSP were all dominant champions, but within their own respective weight classes? Did you look forward to major events any less? I doubt it.

i don't mind division hopping so much. The ufc just needs to make sure the belts have value in the eyes of the fans imo. I would have loved to see gsp vs silva after they had both cleaned out their divisions back in the day

Spectacle, sport entertainment, Pride never dies and whatnot.

Of course the fighters want money fights, but a real fan will want competitive, compelling high level match ups.

The more money revolves around MMA the more interest there is going to be. Id everyone acted like Mighty Mouse, MMA would have never been anywhere close to mainstream.

Money fights are money fights because people want to see them bad enough to pay for them. I think fans are ok with it because they want to see the fights.

Its funny isn’t it? For example, GSP was excused for ducking Hendricks because he wanted a “money” fight in Nick Diaz.
He was 'excused' (he actually took a lot of shit for it on these boards, but whatever) because it was the only time in his career he actually asked for a specific opponent and people had been talking about that fight for years. Plus he fought Hendricks next.

Last edited:
Back