Why do nationalists praise Putin instead of Xi?

Proof? The Chinese have much more freedom than American's.
HTTP2ltZy40cGxlYnMub3JnL2JvYXJkcy90Zy9pbWFnZS8xMzY3LzEwLzEzNjcxMDM4MDk0NTguZ2lm.gif

Maybe we are, because I would consider nationalism someone who thinks national matters and citizens should take precedence. I don't know if there ever has been such a thing as a nationalist if we're going by your definition of hating everyone else and taking the side of anyone from your country in every case no matter what. That sounds like buffoonery. I'm not cool with my own country's media lying to me just because they broadcast from here.

You're not cool with your country's media lying to you but you're fine with a foreign nation attempting to manipulate you?

That's where it doesn't make any sense. Unless the argument is that the foreign power is doing this because they want what's best for us, you're basically saying that you prefer the foreign nation's attempts to manipulate over the national entities attempts to do the same.

Are you saying that you think Russia wants what's best for us as Americans?

You're not cool with your country's media lying to you but you're fine with a foreign nation attempting to manipulate you?

That's where it doesn't make any sense. Unless the argument is that the foreign power is doing this because they want what's best for us, you're basically saying that you prefer the foreign nation's attempts to manipulate over the national entities attempts to do the same.

Are you saying that you think Russia wants what's best for us as Americans?
I don't like being lied to, and could give a fuck who's doing the lying. I don't like Russian liars, American liars, Brazilian liars, French liars. You're doing the typical thing here and just saying meddling and manipulating and conveniently leaving out any details about how there's meddling and manipulation. If they're just giving me factual information, why in hell would I be upset about that? It's all true, but I'm supposed to ignore it and be angry because I don't like the country that uncovered it?

I don't like being lied to, and could give a fuck who's doing the lying. I don't like Russian liars, American liars, Brazilian liars, French liars. You're doing the typical thing here and just saying meddling and manipulating and conveniently leaving out any details about how there's meddling and manipulation. If they're just giving me factual information, why in hell would I be upset about that? It's all true, but I'm supposed to ignore it and be angry because I don't like the country that uncovered it?

Actually, I'm pointing out that people aren't being consistent. They're are saying that they support a foreign power trying to manipulate them because they don't support a national company (the media company) doing the same. They, and I guess that includes you, are trying to say that being manipulated is acceptable under one circumstance but they're upset about it under another circumstance.

Either you're fine with being manipulated or you're not fine with it. It's inconsistent to say "I'm fine with being manipulated depending on who is doing the manipulation." And if someone is fine with being manipulated and they prefer the manipulation coming from a foreign power then that contradicts the nationalist statement.

Again...unless you're saying the Russia is trying to do what's best for us. (Because then it's no longer an attempt at manipulation.)

So, do you think that Russia is trying to do what's best for the American people?

Actually, I'm pointing out that people aren't being consistent. They're are saying that they support a foreign power trying to manipulate them because they don't support a national company (the media company) doing the same. They, and I guess that includes you, are trying to say that being manipulated is acceptable under one circumstance but they're upset about it under another circumstance.

Either you're fine with being manipulated or you're not fine with it. It's inconsistent to say "I'm fine with being manipulated depending on who is doing the manipulation." And if someone is fine with being manipulated and they prefer the manipulation coming from a foreign power then that contradicts the nationalist statement.

Again...unless you're saying the Russia is trying to do what's best for us. (Because then it's no longer an attempt at manipulation.)

So, do you think that Russia is trying to do what's best for the American people?
Russia is probably doing what's best for Russia, and whether that coincides with what's best for America is neither here nor there. You keep saying "manipulating". I said being lied to, you changed it to "manipulating" because you want to obscure the fact that it was all true.

If you got caught cheating on your wife, would you say you got divorced because your wife checked your phone or would you say it was becasuse there were photos of you fucking another chick on there? If you're more concerned with how you got information than the actual information you got, that's kind of why politicians are a bunch of degenerate liars in the first place. Can I just stick with saying I don't like liars and don't care where they're from?

Well, yes I expressed myself poorly. Russia follows nationalist (or more nationalist than most nations) policies by any sane definition.
However, Putin is not what most right-wingers, including the alt-right are looking for in a leader by any stretch when they talk about 'nationalism' and 'America first' and he's not very ideological.
He doesn't care about "his people" or a "volk" how the Nazis did for example, he doesn't care about a core culture in Russia, even less about ideas like ethnopluralism.
He doesn't sufficiently shield Russia against illegal immigration, far-right and anti-immigration groups were banned for spreading hatred, he "likes" and praises Islam and so on. He's purely power-driven and not very ideological at all.
For Putin, "Russia first" might be true in the sense that he will to anything to pursue his and his cronies' goals (which can be seen as Russian interests I guess) but not in the sense that he's somehow a fighter for the Russian people.
Anybody who thinks Putin is a hero for ethnic Russians, white people or Christianity, whether it's a right-winger who praises him for that or a left-winger who accuses him of being an ethnonationalist, is just wrong. Many far-right parties in Europe are way closer to right-wing nationalism than Putin.

Seems to me like Xi is actually going to become the benevolent dictator that nationalists love so much and all while furthering the interests of the Chinese people.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/17/asia/xi-jinping-profile-national-congress/index.html

I do

Putin isn't a nationalist and certainly not an ethno-nationalist
People who think otherwise are confused.

He is a type but not ethno nationalist. But he probably preference for white russian since he is one.

Xi jinping is the ethno nationalist since china is

Russia is probably doing what's best for Russia, and whether that coincides with what's best for America is neither here nor there. You keep saying "manipulating". I said being lied to, you changed it to "manipulating" because you want to obscure the fact that it was all true.

If you got caught cheating on your wife, would you say you got divorced because your wife checked your phone or would you say it was becasuse there were photos of you fucking another chick on there? If you're more concerned with how you got information than the actual information you got, that's kind of why politicians are a bunch of degenerate liars in the first place. Can I just stick with saying I don't like liars and don't care where they're from?

He is a brainwashed american so all non west or american is bad they think.

Why do people like Putin?
Two words: judo throws.

r

Russia is actually on a downward spiral from which it will probably never recover.

Bitch please... Russia always comes back.
If in doubt read some history.

:cool:

All lies.

He said it him self here that nationalists are idiots, the fact that nationalists are basically banned in Russia speaks for it self.

A country that elects black president is not racist, a country that bans nationalism is not nationalistic. 2+2=4

Dumb cunts on sherdog make my brain hurt, i cant even...

Last edited:
India is also controlled by a nationalist leader and political party. I think Chinese diplomacy is much more subtle, low key and effective that Russian equivalent.

Interestingly though while the BRICS bloc is often seen as an alternative to NATO, EU and the west in general the countries in it have all implemented globalization and neoliberalism.

India is also controlled by a nationalist leader and political party. I think Chinese diplomacy is much more subtle, low key and effective that Russian equivalent.

Interestingly though while the BRICS bloc is often seen as an alternative to NATO, EU and the west in general the countries in it have all implemented globalization and neoliberalism.

Its almost as if international trade was beneficial to a country.

probably due to the absurd debt that china is using to finance it's expansion, particularly into Africa as of late

Its almost as if international trade was beneficial to a country.

Of course it is, and I think the money and some of the smarter people behind these nationalist movements know that. That is why Trump hasn't ripped up NAFTA or really challenged the system., Orban hasn't left the EU and so on. A lot of this is a cynical election strategy mixed with real racism and xenophobia.

He is a brainwashed american so all non west or american is bad they think.
Simply stunning that anyone would prefer to be lied to than told the truth just as long as the people lying to them are from their home country. Oh yeah, someone broke into my house and I found out who it was, but I didn't like the person who told me so now I'm pissed at them rather than the burglar cause telling me the truth was manipulation and meddling in the investigation. That makes a ton of sense.

Back