Why do nationalists praise Putin instead of Xi?

Seems to me like Xi is actually going to become the benevolent dictator that nationalists love so much and all while furthering the interests of the Chinese people.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/17/asia/xi-jinping-profile-national-congress/index.html

Could have been an interesting conversation about how the entire eastern world is nationalist by our standards and Putin only receives attention for his relatively timid nationalism because of western racial taboos... but I think you just wanted to make the "benevolent dictator that nationalists love" jab then get dumped.

You could insert any asain and say "this is President Xi" and 99% of people would believe you....because we dont care about China.

Could have been an interesting conversation about how the entire eastern world is nationalist by our standards and Putin only receives attention for his relatively timid nationalism because of western racial taboos... but I think you just wanted to make the "benevolent dictator that nationalists love" jab then get dumped.

No, i mentioned Xi because Xi is actually taking China to be a superpower united under one leadership and one vision.

Russia is actually on a downward spiral from which it will probably never recover.

No, i mentioned Xi because Xi is actually taking China to be a superpower united under one leadership and one vision.

Russia is actually on a downward spiral from which it will probably never recover.
Again... Take your pick of practically any Eastern leader and you will have a nationalist (by ridiculous US/EU standards, where anyone who acknowledges the interests of the country they represent is a "nationalist").

Putin gets (mostly negative) attention because he's a standout in the mainstream European context. If he was the nationalist president of Tajikistan he probably wouldn't be held to western taboos and his nationalism would fly under the radar. He would just be the norm.

No, i mentioned Xi because Xi is actually taking China to be a superpower united under one leadership and one vision..

A rather questionable vision for the values of most people in the west I would say though as with Putin.

I think part of the reason Xi gets less coverage is the more favourable economic links China has with thw west plus also I think highlighting his questionable side really damages a lot of the modern centralist neo liberial mindset. The idea that neoliberial economics were irrevocably linked to liberal democracy has been very strongly pushed in recent decades and linked to this an increasingly neoliberial China must also end up moving towards liberial democracy.

The reality that neoliberial capitalism actually works very nicely for dictatorships is not something those who back it strongly want to draw attension to.

Name one?
Well, you already named one. I'll add Shinzo Abe (Japan) who is more nationalist than any western leader could hope to compare with but he's Japanese where it's the norm so liberals are afraid to criticize and conservatives shrug.

By US/European standards he would be considered extreme right because we are by and large mentally ill.

Well, you already named one. I'll add Shinzo Abe (Japan) who is more nationalist than any western leader could hope to compare with but he's Japanese where it's the norm so liberals are afraid to criticize and conservatives shrug.

By US/European standards he would be considered extreme right because we are by and large mentally ill.

Abe pushes nationalist rhetoric yet he's in an environment that is both economically much further to the left than the US and obviously opposed to interventionism on the international stage.

A rather questionable vision for the values of most people in the west I would say though as with Putin.

I think part of the reason Xi gets less coverage is the more favourable economic links China has with thw west plus also I think highlighting his questionable side really damages a lot of the modern centralist neo liberial mindset. The idea that neoliberial economics were irrevocably linked to liberal democracy has been very strongly pushed in recent decades and linked to this an increasingly neoliberial China must also end up moving towards liberial democracy.

The reality that neoliberial capitalism actually works very nicely for dictatorships is not something those who back it strongly want to draw attension to.

I wouldnt say it fits nicely since a lot of reforms Xi is holding back are the result of him not wanting to loose the grip of power.

Shinzo Abe would be a communist according to the current GOP though, i agree with you on Abe.

Although Japan is certainly a dying nation, not a rising power.

Seems to me like Xi is actually going to become the benevolent dictator that nationalists love so much and all while furthering the interests of the Chinese people.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/10/17/asia/xi-jinping-profile-national-congress/index.html

Is Xi even unique to the rest of the Chinese ruling elite? I think Putin is unique to his predecessors. He is not like Yeltsin, or Gorbachev. Putin is much more assertive. I cant even remember who came before Xi, and I dont care much for Xi. Last Chinese leader that stuck out to me was Deng.

Is Xi even unique to the rest of the Chinese ruling elite? I think Putin is unique to his predecessors. He is not like Yeltsin, or Gorbachev. Putin is much more assertive. I cant even remember who came before Xi, and I dont care much for Xi. Last Chinese leader that stuck out to me was Deng.

Because Xi isnt a technocrat he is consolidating power and has other geopolitical goals in mind besides modernization.

You could insert any asain and say "this is President Xi" and 99% of people would believe you....because we dont care about China.

This is President Xi

1.jpeg

wait, so you mean that a politician is actually going to protect the culture of his country and his people?

that calls for war, immediately. hows dare he.

By robbing them of freedoms.

Give me freedom or give me death.

They cant even google Tiananmen square.

lol. Google and globalist shell corporations like it (Facebook, Twitter) are not welcome on the mainland for very good reason. Baidu is the preferred search engine.
URrplVP.png

next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back