Why do mma fans worship other men?

This works for me...

abacec5690dd1ebbc271ab0dc0f33e25.gif

Imagine if that was Conor.

Imagine it.

So it's ok to support teams but not individual fighters even though all athletes are playing/fighting for themselves?

Supporting a fighter is more than just supporting one person. MMA is still a sport so you become a fan of a fighter in the sport you watch, the fighter could also be representing your state or country so you want to support them (E.g. a Brazilian fighter saying they're fighting for Brazil) and as with Conor, of course the Irish turn up when the dude is always saying he loves his country and is fighting to make Ireland proud of him

What if the reason you became a fan of a fighter is you think hes handsome and has great skills does that sound gay?

In terms of being a fan I understand being a fan of a fighter far more than being a fan of a team.

That team isn't even going to be the same team in the near future. I think it makes much more sense to be a die hard fan of a fighter that you like instead of a team that is going to lose and gain members.

This is a legit question.

Some people get creepy with the fanboism.

Some people are passionate about things that they enjoy.

What a weird concept.

Look, there is nothing wrong with man crushing your favorite fighter.

But ts, when you talk about crushing on 35 men, that is sort of gay. Not gonna lie.

Being a fan of a sport team is really just being a fan of their clothes.

-Kenny Florian

I completely understand supporting your national team in a sport like Soccer, Basketball, or supporting your state's club, like Cleveland Cavaliers. Now.. Following some dude you don't even know's life, crying for him, fighting for him... Isn't that a bit weird? Not in the homosexual way, i mean, Conor McGregor (Just an example) isn't fighting for the fans, he is fighting for himself and his family.

I've seen him doing some cool things for his fans, like here:

Isn't it very cringey for a 30 yo+ dude to worship another man like that?

actually i feel the other way, how can you feel attached to some city club. cuz ur from the same place? i connect to the players that are in the team not the logo.

Have you been to Sherdog lately? I know you are being sarcastic but that's not far from the truth to most people here. Sherdog made Mike Perry a high profile fighter just because he is hot. He is handsome, but also a very one dimensional fighter who got matrix'd by a model.
That’s some straight up :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: like behaviour.

I want a cock in every one of my holes! Too bad i only have two. Damn.

While on the subject of odd behaviour, why is it that everytime a black fighter is being discussed, posters start talking about their penis in graphic detail and other weird homo erotic comments pop up? I get some of it is just humour, but still.

Is it normal behaviour for white Americans to worship black men like that?

MMA is like a reality show, you almost feel like you know some of the fighters in real life when they enter the cage

MMA does I think tend towards fans living vicariously though sports people rather more than many other sports. Its probably strongest on the casual end because MMA tends to be promoted in a very celeb/pro wrestling like fashion, Conor and Rousey being obvious examples.

One obvious difference compared to team sports I would say is that your fandom doesn't count for as much, if your going to football/soccer/baseball,etc matches for years your money is supporting that team(albeit a small part of it) and your support potentially lasts longer than any one person in the team.

Back