Why do mma fans worship other men?

My Arm
11925882_1704691509760616_1510550858_n1.jpg

My King

And I got The Queen on my thigh
article-ronda-0730.jpg
tenor.gif

I completely understand supporting your national team in a sport like Soccer, Basketball, or supporting your state's club, like Cleveland Cavaliers. Now.. Following some dude you don't even know's life, crying for him, fighting for him... Isn't that a bit weird? Not in the homosexual way, i mean, Conor McGregor (Just an example) isn't fighting for the fans, he is fighting for himself and his family.

Isn't it very cringey for a 30 yo+ dude to worship another man like that?
Yeah it is, you're only allowed to be a fan of a fighter if you are 29y old or less, more than that you're a cringeworthy fanboy, 100% TS

<JagsKiddingMe>

I completely understand supporting your national team in a sport like Soccer, Basketball, or supporting your state's club, like Cleveland Cavaliers. Now.. Following some dude you don't even know's life, crying for him, fighting for him... Isn't that a bit weird? Not in the homosexual way, i mean, Conor McGregor (Just an example) isn't fighting for the fans, he is fighting for himself and his family.

I've seen him doing some cool things for his fans, like here:

It is just as weak to worship some team because you share a zip code.

Because it's fun to pick sides? You're a human, right?

Yeah we want to suck our favorite fighters cock
Have you been to Sherdog lately? I know you are being sarcastic but that's not far from the truth to most people here. Sherdog made Mike Perry a high profile fighter just because he is hot. He is handsome, but also a very one dimensional fighter who got matrix'd by a model.

Worship is a strong word.

Having swag in someone's home for a fighter isn't that unusual... it's not my thing... but I don't see the difference between that & a team or something.

Also, Standing behind a fighter & representing him against his resitance online doesn't quite qualify either.... despite what some might claim.

Last edited:

I've seen him doing some cool things for his fans, like here:

If someone else finds someone else enjoyable and thus roots for a guy to succeed, why are you so bothered by it? Also, most of Conor's fans are Irish. If you want to talk about loyalty, a fellow irishman invokes a lot more loyalty and passion than some sports team filled with players that probably don't even live there and were never from there to begin with, and an owner that wishes he could move the team to somewhere nicer. "Hometown team sports" is the biggest joke I've ever seen. It doesn't exist.

If someone else finds someone else enjoyable and thus roots for a guy to succeed, why are you so bothered by it? Also, most of Conor's fans are Irish. If you want to talk about loyalty, a fellow irishman invokes a lot more loyalty and passion than some sports team filled with players that probably don't even live there and were never from there to begin with, and an owner that wishes he could move the team to somewhere nicer. "Hometown team sports" is the biggest joke I've ever seen. It doesn't exist.
It seems most Conor fans would lick his ass if given the opportunity.....

You're projecting your own thoughts onto others. No one is worshiping Conor. People just really like him and his antics. You just see it as worship because you want to look down on their opinion as being lesser than your own.

Back