Why do Main Event Fighters Always Drop Out?

MMAProfessional

Golden Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Was just thinking that most of the fighters that get injured/pull out are on the main card. I'd would like to see the stats of the main event injuries vs the undercard. Maybe I just don't realize it because typically most are not as well known but it seems to be the case.

It's probably because those are the ones you/people notice more. Probably happens just as much with the rest of the card

Maybe slightly higher because of top fighters training harder? Main eventers training for 5 round fights?

Maybe because most of them can't handle pressure of being the star of the show,

Or maybe going place to place promoting the fight instead of training full time for the upcoming fight can be a factor.

Or maybe overtraining yourself, to the point that you're straining or injuring yourself.

Or psychological that your whole nation, team or family depends on you and you cannot let them down, losing is not an option.

There's so many factors why this is happening.

I think it's more what @Post 2 Decision was saying.

On this weekends UFC event for example Gunnar pulled out, Brad Scott's opponent was injured, Teymur/Madge got moved due to injury, and just today Davey Grant vs. Manny Bermudez got scratched.

Pull outs started happening up and down the card for seemingly every event, it's just that the main events get the most attention.

Last edited:
Back