Why do Gyms always show fit men with unrealistic bodies?

Nooob

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Most gyms I’ve gone to have posters of either pro bodybuilders or unnatural fit dudes on their walls, showing bodybuilding crap on TV and constantly posting cringe pictures or training videos of muscular men on their social media.

Fit female posters on the other hand are always shown as fit and natural. Any women get can get a body like that naturally so it got me thinking are they trying to misled men who think they can get a body like that with years of training (which is a waste of time) or motivate and push them to use steroids? Why not show a natural fitness men with realistic bod instead?

Last edited:
If you're ever wondering why a successful business does things a certain way, the answer is: Because it sells product

Because it’s better then showing dudes with big bellies and man boobs?

Don't know about you guys but those kinda pictures excite me.

Why didn't the bible depict Jesus in a more realistic manner?

Also, thread needs more pictures.

Shawn-Rhoden-Profile-Pic.png

Well most people aim to be near those guys in terms of skill knowledge and accomplishments. Even if you don't want to be as big as a roiding bodybuilder. Him advertising your shit will still create some marketvalue.

unrealistic for you maybe.

but seriously, most normal men get into weight lifting to build muscle mass and definition. what is shown is the pinnacle of such.

I’m seeing fat models with freckles and fucked up teeth these days yo.

If you can think and look you are not working out hard enough.

To take advantage of most people’s unrealistic expectations.

Would you buy a new car if the commercials showed it broken down on the side of the road?

Well apparently the bodies are realistic to those who have them.

Most gyms I’ve gone to have posters of either pro bodybuilders or unnatural fit dudes on their walls, showing bodybuilding crap on TV and constantly posting cringe pictures or training videos of muscular men on their social media.

Fit female posters on the other hand are always shown as fit and natural. Any women get can get a body like that naturally so it got me thinking are they trying to misled men who think they can get a body like that with years of training (which is a waste of time) or motivate and push them to use steroids? Why not show a natural fitness men with realistic bod instead?

You have to understand a little of human evolution to answer this.

Women are the sexual selectors, only 40 odd % of men on history have reproduced, 80+% of women.

Women are healthier, more average with less variance and are considered more attractive the more average their features are.

Men have evolved to compete with each other for the chance to reproduce. It's what women have selected them for. Dominance amongst men comes from being able to physically, mentally or socially best or control other men. Dominant men get the most opportunities to reproduce.

So women aspire to an average phenotype, men aspire to a super or dominant phenotype. Hence what you see on gym walls.

Stop crying.

What I find strange is that at my old gym, all the guy personal trainers were jacked. Super fit. Did not necessarily have education in the field though.

All the female personal trainers, had tons of education in the field (Kinesiology degrees, Nutrition Diplomas, etc) but not one, not a single one was in great shape and only a couple were in what I would call good shape.

now at the studio where I take Yoga and they also do spin classes, all the gals are super fit and rock those yoga pants.

Back