Why do GSP fans want him to fight McGregor so badly?

I'm a GSP fan and I think this matchup is interesting stylistically. I also believe that this is the one fight that made GSP even consider making a comeback to the sport. He saw another opportunity in Bisping, took it, and was successful. But this fight is the one he really was looking for.

Now, the two biggest UFC PPV draws clashing would be huge, and is exactly the kind of fight that the UFC is promoting as of late (money fights) and in which both fighters appear to be interested. Why the hell not?
Please show me a source that shows any interest in this fight on the part of GSP (particularly since the finish of Bisping), I really want to see that.

Name one GSP fan that wants this? I’ll wait here. :rolleyes:

GSP has clearly said he's not interested in calling out someone from a lower weight class than him. He knows it would look bad (like Anderson calling him out).

If he ever ends up fighting McGregor it's because McGregor and the UFC came on their knees waving bags of cash under GSP's nose. Can't really blame him in that event. Otherwise, this fight isn't gonna happen and trolls will be trolls.

If he gets healthy I'd love to see him at 185 again, and failing that, Woodley at 170. GSP vs McGregor is a one-sided waste of everyone's time.
Firas Zahabi was calling for Floyd Mayweather or Conor a few days after GSP vacated the MW belt for colitis.

Firas Zahabi was calling for Floyd Mayweather or Conor a few days after GSP vacated the MW belt for colitis.
Zahabi says a lot of things (I mean, a lot of things) but GSP is saying nothing other than denying interest in calling for that fight.

And it wouldn't hurt to source this claim about Zahabi, if you don't mind, but it really doesn't matter. He's got a vested interest in seeing this fight happening. GSP has his sense of self-worth and the legacy that stems from that to take into consideration. I'll hand it to you. This is a new shtick for GSP trolls, can't call him boring or lay 'n pray anymore so now you resort to putting words into his mouth and the mouths of his fans. The only GSP fans calling for this fight just want to see McGregor get crushed because it's McGregor. But the other 99.999 percent of fans recognize a squash match when they see it and want no part of it. There are plenty of people his own size he can fight and he knows it and we know it.

Please show me a source that shows any interest in this fight on the part of GSP (particularly since the finish of Bisping), I really want to see that.
I never pretended to have a source. It's my humble impression, mostly based on what GSP said prior to making his comeback: does not want to fight for a title and have to defend it, wants money fights that attract masses, doesn't want the pressure of having to hold a title, wants things on terms that suit him.

The McGregor matchup will do just that, as it would likely be at a catchweight (or WW, but none of these two guys has the belt), McGregor sells tickets, and the matchup, stylistically, favors GSP without a doubt. It's hard to talk about money fights in MMA without mentioning McGregor's name, since the use of this expression in MMA began with the second Nate Diaz match.

GSP has been questioned about this matchup prior to the Bisping fight being inked, and simply said, in typical GSP fashion: "You never know what could happen in the crazy world of mixed martial arts" with a big smile on his face.

I don't, I was looking forward to him vs. Whittaker actually until we got fucked over on that fight.<GOT4>

I never pretended to have a source. It's my humble impression, mostly based on what GSP said prior to making his comeback: does not want to fight for a title and have to defend it, wants money fights that attract masses, doesn't want the pressure of having to hold a title, wants things on terms that suit him.

The McGregor matchup will do just that, as it would likely be at a catchweight (or WW, but none of these two guys has the belt), McGregor sells tickets, and the matchup, stylistically, favors GSP without a doubt. It's hard to talk about money fights in MMA without mentioning McGregor's name, since the use of this expression in MMA began with the second Nate Diaz match.

GSP has been questioned about this matchup prior to the Bisping fight being inked, and simply said, in typical GSP fashion: "You never know what could happen in the crazy world of mixed martial arts" with a big smile on his face.

In fact, he said, [EDIT]“Everybody is asking me this question. You’re not the only one,” St-Pierre said Thursday on a special edition of The MMA Hour. “I always ask the same: Why is everybody asking this question? He’s competing in different weight classes than I am.

“I’m not the kind of guy who, as a fighter, I don’t challenge guys that compete in smaller weight classes. I think it makes you look bad. I don’t want to do this, and I’m very happy for Conor. He raised the bar for all of us.”

If this fight happens, it's not going to be on any initiative by GSP.

Nobody wants a new weight class. GSP would stomp conor rather easily

Lol yeah no one wants this fight yet it would do the highest ppv buy rate of all time.

It's funny that no one means everyone. And all you lying goofs would watch the fuck outta that fight.

Lol yeah no one wants this fight yet it would do the highest ppv buy rate of all time.

It's funny that no one means everyone. And all you lying goofs would watch the fuck outta that fight.
Exactly. So many people want this fight and not just GSP fans. They are both complete sell outs but GSP fans can’t admit it.

I'll add my name to the list of GSP fans who have no desire to see him fight McGregor. That fight is a mismatch.

Woodley is the only fight at the moment that makes any sense for GSP as far as I am concerned.

GSP’s fans are becoming so ridiculous as to even start suggesting a new weight class for him to fight Conor and become the first 3 weight class champion. It’s pretty sad to see people cheering for this former great to cherry pick more fights for titles in this era where titles haven’t meant shit. GSP was the epitome of baseless champion when he immediately abandoned his MW belt. Everyone knew GSP would not defend vs anybody in MW but the GSP fans want him to create another farce vs McGregor who is yet to defend himself? I just feel like The people who want GSP in these non challenging money fights like vs Mayweather are not wanting to see mma at its best.

GSP fan keep thinking that the more BS title and cherry picked shit against crappier opponent GSP does and win make him úndeniable goat´

but history wont remember Mr. fight safe St pierre as goat

Two reasons:

1) We like GSP so want the man to get PAID!
2) To see Conor get served up.

Back