Why do fighters tell people to "catch these hands"

revoltub

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
"Come catch these hands" is like a new thing ive been hearing. I guess it means to get punched by these hands.

However if you "catch" a punch it means you blocked it. So telling someone to CTH is like saying "block my punches". Is it meant to be ironic? The insult just doesn't make sense. Asking for a friend.

Catch these hands with your face foo’

You must have not grown up in the inner city, so how 'bout you catch dese hands with that big ol' head of yours'

Comprende? it's pretty low iq slang designed by children.

You're reading too much into it Socrates.

Notice how when fighters lose, they sometimes say, "I got caught"?

CAUGHT WITH THESE HANDS TO THE FACE BRO.

<seedat>

Catch these hands with your face foo’
the perfect catcher’s mitt
MV5BNDQwNjc5Y2UtNDU4NC00NWVjLTk0YmEtOGViOTI5M2NkNmIzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjY4MjQ1MDE@._V1_SX1777_CR0,0,1777,996_AL_.jpg

Do you want to catch an ass whopping

just a saying buddy

I just tell people "Cd's" and then I fill the room with uppercuts.

You must have not grown up in the inner city, so how 'bout you catch dese hands with that big ol' head of yours'

Comprende? it's pretty low iq slang designed by children.

Awesome, thanks!

What about “that shit was tight yo”.
What does that mean and what does being tight have to do with it?

"Come catch these hands" is like a new thing ive been hearing. I guess it means to get punched by these hands.

However if you "catch" a punch it means you blocked it. So telling someone to CTH is like saying "block my punches". Is it meant to be ironic? The insult just doesn't make sense. Asking for a friend.

It's oooold street slang. In other words you're going to catch an ass whooping.

Awesome, thanks!

What about “that shit was tight yo”.
What does that mean and what does being tight have to do with it?
I remember being like 5 or 6 and trying to figure out what the fuck does tight mean, and then I was opened to the world of ebonics and never looked back, for realz though.

Back