Why do fans continue to push the narrative that Weidman was beating Yoel/Luke/Gegard?

You know Romero ended his career when shortly after Romero cracked his skull and disfigured his face, he then revealed Weidman's true colors:

A closet homosexual.

I've always hated the "he was winning until he got caught" bullshit. No one gives a fuck if you were winning until you lost.

Even if he was dominating everyone of those fights it doesnt matter, its like when you beat someone in the UFC Game and he writes you that you got lucky because he was winnin on the cards, but the cards only matter if it goes to decision so even if, he was winning until he wasnt.

All three fights were highly competitive. It's not like he was getting beaten bell to bell against any of those guys.

What I've seen is mostly people still claiming Weidman is elite and can beat anybody in MW, which I also believe, as opposed to other people saying that Weidman is basically a can that got lucky twice.

Probably because in each of those fights he was either doing well or it was arguably tied on the score cards up to that point. iirc all of them were even or him being slightly ahead. He wasn't beating the tar out of any of them and they weren't wrecking him either. One turn of events later and he's being bludgeoned to death.

The Moose one was his own fault though. He tried to get the easy DQ win under the old rules and got burned.

Because he was. He only lost because he got tired. He is a better fighter than all three. They are better marathon runners.

Except all three finished him? Lol

Weidman isn't a worldbeater when he faces actual competition and not past their prime late 30s Brazilian fighters.

Lol Weidman was beating Yoell and he had Luke in a few interesting positions in that fight. Rockhold and Weidman are equally as hot so I don't mind one being better than the other lol.
It can be argued he was winning those fights until the finishes, not that it matters but that is the context of the fight from some peoples perceptive

*Accuses people of pushing a false narrative

*Pushes a false narrative

I don't think I've seen anyone say The Chris was EASILY winning any of those fights and just got "caught" due to luck, let alone all 3
I thought he was ahead on Yoel but the fight was clearly turning. I had rockhold and Gerard up though

It cannot be argued that he was winning the Yoel fight. It was clearly one round apiece (Yoel won round 2) and the KO happened 20 seconds into round 3. The first two rounds were easy to score, it was 1-1 and the momentum going into round 3 was with Romero, who had just won round 2

Because Teh Chris has about 17 fans total that are seriously delusional on par with Mr. Weidman.

Weidman's fanbase shares his personality, whiny and delusional.

Weidman fans are weird. They think that just because he has two fluke wins over Anderson Silva that he's worth mentioning in the same sentence as the true GOATs. He's a fraud.

Some of the most hilariously ironic shit ive ever seen on sherdog
<36>

He lost 2 fights and screwed himself against Moose. Herb was partially to blame for that. The knee was legal but Herb stopped the fight bc he thought it was illegal.

Haven't seen any of us Weidman fans saying anything other than that. So you're delusional.

He lost 2 fights and screwed himself against Moose. Herb was partially to blame for that. The knee was legal but Herb stopped the fight bc he thought it was illegal.

Haven't seen any of us Weidman fans saying anything other than that. So you're delusional.
Herb wasn't the one reffing that fight lol.

Sounds like you've been smoking too much Herb, butthurt Weedman fanboiiii <45>

He was beating Rockhold and Mousasi.

Yoel, he won the 1st round. Lost the 2nd and was going to lose the third even without the knee.

He badly and I mean BADLY needs to work on his cardio. He's one of the best 1st round fighters I've seen but he fades pretty badly at times.

Whoever the fuck it was, it's still true vs the basis of this thread.
Sounds like you haven't even watched the fight lol

....or any of poor Weedman's fights for that matter. Not since he was can crushing deflated old Brazilians <45>

He was in the fight in all 3... But it doesn't matter if you don't get your hand raised. Doubt he will be champ again.. Stop ducking Jacare!!! ;)

Romero - Chris won round 1, lost round 2. He was telegraphing the single leg too much and it was a matter of time before he paid for it(which he ofc did).

Luke - Weidman took round 1, Luke took round 2, round 3 was a sloppy gasfest. Chris was ahead in the round before the spinning goof but the fight wasn't in the bag.

Gegard - Weidman won round 1. Round 2 started well for Weidman but Gegard turned the tables and had the momentum before the knee fiasco. With Weidman's cardio looking as it did and the TD attempts becoming labored and sloppy it was not looking good for him.

Only rematch I think The Chris might avenge is vs Luke. Not because Luke is having a rough go of it, rather the elements for Weidman to be in more control of a second fight between them are there. During the first fight he was charging into the check hook repeatedly earlier but he and his corner adjusted and actually started baiting it for counters by late round 2. Both in his own body kicks and in coming over the top similar to Yoel's killshot. Also overall Salt Luke City's TDs aren't much of note esp. outside of the clinch.

I can see Weidman bringing smarter pressure in a rematch, already keyed in on Rockhold's check hook and roundhouse, and disguising his TDs better to take a decision.

I rewatched Rockhold vs Weidman recently and Rockhold battered him in every round pretty much.

All three fights were highly competitive. It's not like he was getting beaten bell to bell against any of those guys.

I agree. And anyone who calls his wins over Anderson “flukes” are letting the endings of those fights cloud their judgement.

Back