Why do fans continue to push the narrative that Weidman was beating Yoel/Luke/Gegard?

Jerry the mouse

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
There are a minority of fans that continue to say stuff like "Chris just got unlucky" and he was "beating all three of those guys easily" before he got "caught." I've rewatched all three of these fights recently, and here's my assessment:

Myth: He was 'beating' Yoel
Weidman only barely won the 1st round with "takedowns" that did nothing, and couldn't keep Yoel down for more than two seconds.
Yoel decisively won the 2nd round by outstriking, and then completely ragdolling Chris. He scored three takedowns, and ended the round on top after holding Weidman down and landing G&P for over twenty seconds. Teh Chris was also more visibly gassed than Yoel at this point, which is why he shot for a sloppy takedown in the 3rd that got him KO'd.

Pretty much the same deal for the Luke fight, Chris barely won the 1st, got easily beaten in the 2nd, and looked sloppy and gassed by the 3rd. Against Moose, clearly won the 1st, but landed zero damage, and then wasted his energy on meaningless takedowns, shot for another sloppy one which was stuffed, then was saved from a torrent of LEGAL knees after the ref made a mistake.

If that was too long for you to read, he lost to three superior fighters.

No hate on teh Chris though, he's still mah boi.

There will ever be a minority telling bullshit about something

Embrace it as part of the universe or live triggered

Weidman got destroyed 3 times.

latest

Weidman GOAT

Weidman's fanbase shares his personality, whiny and delusional.

He got unlucky against Rockhold for sure. Against Romero he did not but he was losing but you got to admit a flying knee is more being caught then being tko by a lot of strikes.

you got to admit based on what you said to. Weidman was dominant except against Yoel he did not do shit to Yoel.

Because he was. He only lost because he got tired. He is a better fighter than all three. They are better marathon runners.

Because he is the Chris the Whiteman, our very own Superman.

Weidman fans are weird. They think that just because he has two fluke wins over Anderson Silva that he's worth mentioning in the same sentence as the true GOATs. He's a fraud.

First win: Anderson Silva was literally dancing and is the only reason he got caught.
Second win: Anderson Silva KO'd himself by breaking his own leg.

Romero ended his career.

There are a minority of fans that continue to say stuff like "Chris just got unlucky" and he was "beating all three of those guys easily" before he got "caught." I've rewatched all three of these fights recently, and here's my assessment:

Myth: He was 'beating' Yoel
Weidman only barely won the 1st round with "takedowns" that did nothing, and couldn't keep Yoel down for more than two seconds.
Yoel decisively won the 2nd round by outstriking, and then completely ragdolling Chris. He scored three takedowns, and ended the round on top after holding Weidman down and landing G&P for over twenty seconds. Teh Chris was also more visibly gassed than Yoel at this point, which is why he shot for a sloppy takedown in the 3rd that got him KO'd.

Pretty much the same deal for the Luke fight, Chris barely won the 1st, got easily beaten in the 2nd, and looked sloppy and gassed by the 3rd. Against Moose, clearly won the 1st, but landed zero damage, and then wasted his energy on meaningless takedowns, shot for another sloppy one which was stuffed, then was saved from a torrent of LEGAL knees after the ref made a mistake.

If that was too long for you to read, he lost to three superior fighters.

No hate on teh Chris though, he's still mah boi.
Mods ban this idiot. =)

134_Chris_Weidman_vs_Kelvin_Gastelum.0.jpg

Lol Weidman was beating Yoell and he had Luke in a few interesting positions in that fight. Rockhold and Weidman are equally as hot so I don't mind one being better than the other lol.

At best I would say he was holding his own against each of those guys up to the point where the tide turned. Hard.

But Weidman never had any of those three hurt or in serious trouble at any point in those fights IIRC.

It can be argued he was winning those fights until the finishes, not that it matters but that is the context of the fight from some peoples perceptive

*Accuses people of pushing a false narrative
and he was "beating all three of those guys easily" before he got "caught."
*Pushes a false narrative

I don't think I've seen anyone say The Chris was EASILY winning any of those fights and just got "caught" due to luck, let alone all 3

Well Weidman was beating Yoel/Luke/Gegard. That's the explanation.

Because he was. He only lost because he got tired. He is a better fighter than all three. They are better marathon runners.
Goddamn that's stupid

I thought he was ahead on Yoel but the fight was clearly turning. I had rockhold and Gerard up though

Back