Why do Conor fans get angry at technical striking breakdowns?

If rudimentary boxing is all thats needed to win 2 belts why hasn't an elite striker just come along and taken over the ufc?

Because ufc fighters arent "terribad" strikers...they are actually quite fantastigood.

Because elite strikers are doing well in their own sports. Amateur boxers are already on their way to taking over the sport of MMA.

Cody Garbrandt is a 32-1 amateur boxer and he just outclassed Dominick Cruz, who was widely considered a "p4p great" and an "elite striker" by MMA standards.

Conor McGregor, another amateur boxer, knocked the fuck out of Jose Aldo, "p4p #1" and "elite MMA striker" in 13 seconds.

Stipe Miocic, another successful amateur boxer, is currently lighting up the HW division knocking fools out left and right.

Wonderboy, a high level Karate fighter/kickboxer, is about to fight for the WW belt as well.

Then you had Anderson Silva back in the day, absolutely humiliating both the MW and LHW divisions with his striking. Anderson isn't even that good of a boxer. Everyone else's was just abysmal.

Last edited:
What's up with all the threads asking why such and such when such and such almost never happens? Wtf is wrong with u?

Because elite strikers are doing well in their own sports. Amateur boxers are already on their way to taking over the sport of MMA.

Cody Garbrandt is a 32-1 amateur boxer and he just outclassed Dominick Cruz, who was widely considered a "p4p great" and an "elite striker" by MMA standards.

Conor McGregor, another amateur boxer, knocked the fuck out of Jose Aldo, "p4p #1" and "elite MMA striker" in 13 seconds.

Stipe Miocic, another successful amateur boxer, is currently lighting up the HW division knocking fools out left and right.

Wonderboy, a high level Karate fighter/kickboxer, is about to fight for the WW belt as well.

Then you had Anderson Silva back in the day, absolutely humiliating both the MW and LHW divisions with his striking. Anderson isn't even that good of a boxer. Everyone else's was just abysmal.

He's asking why less successful boxers aren't coming over in masses to dominate mma and make that Conor money if it's so easy? And he's right, they aren't.

He's asking why less successful boxers aren't coming over in masses to dominate mma and make that Conor money if it's so easy? And he's right, they aren't.

Because they also have to learn other skills, like TDD and BJJ.

And Khabib fans/Conor haters will turn unrelated threads into Conor bashing threads.

There's idiots on both sides, but it sure seems like the idiots hating on Conor outnumber the ones supporting him by a margin of 10 to 1.

That's probably because Conor gives plenty of good reasons to dislike him.

It's because McGregor fanboys are hero-worshipers. When you say anything against McGregor they see it as a personal insult against them.

That's probably because Conor gives plenty of good reasons to dislike him.
And you don't have to like him. But is it necessary to turn every thread into a Conor bashing thread? Is it necessary to also then complain about Conor fans, while his detractors are significantly more vociferous?

And you don't have to like him. But is it necessary to turn every thread into a Conor bashing thread? Is it necessary to also then complain about Conor fans, while his detractors are significantly more vociferous?

Yes, it is necessary, and it will continue until we reduce the number of Conor fans here to an even more manageable number.

And I think you're wrong, to be honest. I think that more Conor fans turn threads to Conor than the other way 'round. I never hated Conor but the number of times I was in a thread discussing another fighter and Conor's fans barged in with "blah blah blah Conor Conor Conor" was maddening.

source.gif

Yes, it is necessary, and it will continue until we reduce the number of Conor fans here to an even more manageable number.

And I think you're wrong, to be honest. I think that more Conor fans turn threads to Conor than the other way 'round. I never hated Conor but the number of times I was in a thread discussing another fighter and Conor's fans barged in with "blah blah blah Conor Conor Conor" was maddening.
Well thanks for confirming that you're insecure and need to outnumber people you don't like by a significant margin in order to feel comfortable.

Fucking pathetic that you can't simply have a discussion on this...you know...discussion board.

I'm not claiming to be a striking expert or anything, but Conor fans seem to truly get emotional and flustered for some reason whenever someone who knows shit about striking does a breakdown of Conor's technique. This just cements it that Conor fans are the most delusional in all the sport. I don't even think Anderson fans were that delusional, and Andy was as close to an invincible fighter in his prime as well ever see.

Can you provide the links to these breakdowns of people who "knows shit" claiming Conor is not an excellent striker? If he is in fact not a gifted striker, then I will quit watching MMA as that would prove how low-level everyone and talentless everyone in the sport apparently are, if he can be that dominant against the best in the sport and division champions. But I don't think they're a bunch of talentless nobodies, I just think Conor has great striking.

I guess you're fucking retarded and can't read?

No you're retarded.

The conor breakdowns about his striking are about how good he is. So fans don't get upset, they praise.

So that's why everyone in this thread is asking what the fuck you're talking about.

Well thanks for confirming that you're insecure and need to outnumber people you don't like by a significant margin in order to feel comfortable.

Fucking pathetic that you can't simply have a discussion on this...you know...discussion board.

If you think I'm insecure you're a poor judge of character.

And you're making catastrophically bad assumptions here.

Personally I just prefer less mindless noise cluttering up the forum.

Back