Why do Conor fans get angry at technical striking breakdowns?

Although he constantly refines his game so he could pretty much keep an eye on his tendencies and minimize his flaws constantly, as every fighter should.

I'd say his most recent bout shows how refined his offense/defense balance has become, and the second Nate Diaz fight showed how potent his striking is even in the later rounds. And he did, in fact, tag Nate several times coming into and just out of the clinch.

all of which sounded bitter, biased and childish.
yeah roach's " conor punches like a girl " comment was super technical, clearly neutral.

Plus Saenchai clearly said under no uncertain terms that McGregor had better hands than any of his nearly 300 opponents.

That's saying a lot. OFC he then went onto underestimating McGregor's power and size.

all of which sounded bitter, biased and childish.

yeah roach's " conor punches like a girl " comment was super technical, clearly neutral.

Man you were doing so well, but ended up triggered. I don't see why Saenchai, who said Conor is a good counter-puncher but that is about all, would be bitter or biased and his comments certainly were not childish.

I'd say his most recent bout shows how refined his offense/defense balance has become, and the second Nate Diaz fight showed how potent his striking is even in the later rounds. And he did, in fact, tag Nate several times coming into and just out of the clinch.

He is a great striker, but as soon as his game is figured out you know what to expect. Sherdog will start with "he was never that good anyway" theories. But yeah, he's very successful, but not only because of skill, is a series of factors that as long as he still has them, he'll have the edge against most fighters. When your mind isn't set in a fight no matter how skilled you are you'll not perform well, most fighters he faced so far fought him scared of being embarassed and most of them actually were. They wanna punch his head off, it works on his favor. The day they take his skillset seriously, it will be more competitive.

Plus Saenchai clearly said under no uncertain terms that McGregor had better hands than any of his nearly 300 opponents.

That's saying a lot. OFC he then went onto underestimating McGregor's power and size.

Where does he say that in the video? Even so, he clearly does say his kicks and knees are poor. A good striker is good with multiple striking techniques.

If I can drive the ball 300 yards in golf but can't hit a mid-range approach shot or putt am I good golfer? no.

Man you were doing so well, but ended up triggered. I don't see why Saenchai, who said Conor is a good counter-puncher but that is about all, would be bitter or biased and his comments certainly were not childish.
cause the dude was talking about wanting to fight conor, what's he gonna do praise the guy?

maybe HE wasn't childish or bitter, but he isn't neutral.

cause the dude was talking about wanting to fight conor, what's he gonna do praise the guy?

maybe HE wasn't childish or bitter, but he isn't neutral.

Cool man. I've given Connie too much thought and attention today. He is the greatest striker ever and never got outstruck and then choked by a fringe top-ten guy.

And Khabib fans/Conor haters will turn unrelated threads into Conor bashing threads.

There's idiots on both sides, but it sure seems like the idiots hating on Conor outnumber the ones supporting him by a margin of 10 to 1.
I dunno the stats but I've defiantly seen quite a few brutal conor fans on here.

I'm not claiming to be a striking expert or anything, but Conor fans seem to truly get emotional and flustered for some reason whenever someone who knows shit about striking does a breakdown of Conor's technique. This just cements it that Conor fans are the most delusional in all the sport. I don't even think Anderson fans were that delusional, and Andy was as close to an invincible fighter in his prime as well ever see.

Winners focus on winning. And the double champ does whatever the fuck he wants. You mad?

Cool man. I've given Connie too much thought and attention today. He is the greatest striker ever and never got outstruck and then choked by a fringe top-ten guy.

He has made more money in that fight then you ever will in your pathetic little life. You mad?

Thanks for coming.

Where does he say that in the video? Even so, he clearly does say his kicks and knees are poor. A good striker is good with multiple striking techniques.

If I can drive the ball 300 yards in golf but can't hit a mid-range approach shot or putt am I good golfer? no.

He says NO after the interviewer asks if he has fought anyone with McGregor's level of boxing.

Kicks in an MMA context is something Saenchai can't speak on, sorry. Even so, McG's kicks aren't bad at all....usually though their purpose is to set up the big left hand. Through careful placement and timing.

He says NO after the interviewer asks if he has fought anyone with McGregor's level of boxing.

Kicks in an MMA context is something Saenchai can't speak on, sorry. Even so, McG's kicks aren't bad at all....usually though their purpose is to set up the big left hand. Through careful placement and timing.

Anyone can speak on anything in any context. How can Greg Jackson speak on MMA technique? What's his professional MMA record?

Conor's striking is above average but not great. If you aren't blinded by nuthuggery it is apparent.

Anyone can speak on anything in any context. How can Greg Jackson speak on MMA technique? What's his professional MMA record?

Conor's striking is above average but not great. If you aren't blinded by nuthuggery it is apparent.

Lol. Because Greg Jackson trains MMA fighters. He understands the variables and intricacies of full contact fighting.

See this guy as an example of his success.

Even full contact striking like Muay Thai and Lethwei get complicated when you add in hard grappling.

Conor's striking is enough to down some kickboxers.

Lol. Because Greg Jackson trains MMA fighters. He understands the variables and intricacies of full contact fighting.

See this guy as an example of his success.

Even full contact striking like Muay Thai and Lethwei get complicated when you add in hard grappling.

Conor's striking is enough to down some kickboxers.

Guy with no professional fighting experience = valid opinion, so valid that he can train people.
Multiple-time Muay Thai world champion = not qualified to comment on striking.

Got it. Makes sense.

<mma4>

I see Conor fanboys the same way I see preteen girls that like Justin Bieber, think he's perfect, and defend every thing he ever does. At their age they don't know any better, but they'll feel really silly once they reach 10th grade.

Why do Conor haters get angry at two belts with a third belt comin'?

I'm not claiming to be a striking expert or anything, but Conor fans seem to truly get emotional and flustered for some reason whenever someone who knows shit about striking does a breakdown of Conor's technique. This just cements it that Conor fans are the most delusional in all the sport. I don't even think Anderson fans were that delusional, and Andy was as close to an invincible fighter in his prime as well ever see.

We generally don't see it from anyone who knows their shit.

For instance, before Conor fought Aldo, all we heard about was Conor's defensive flaws and no one here was pointing out any of Aldo's flaws or all the times he's been hit.

It's simple.. Conor fans are children

What the fuck are you talking about?

Back