Why do atheists still act like they're underdogs?

im a nonbeliever and totally agree.

if i was being a real dickhead stickler, i could correctly claim that having taxpayers support courthouse nativity scenes and ten commandments etc. is wrong. but.....who the hell cares?

i draw the separation of church and state line where people make real attempts to use public office to indoctrinate. or....when youre forcing tax payers to support a government entity that clearly favors one religion over another. for example, i dont mind if public school teachers share their faith with students, or even their related opinions. ive witnessed teachers who put daily bible verses on their marker boards though.....not cool. its a fine line.

the nonbelievers who lay out on courthouse laws and destroy nativity scenes though are idiots, and give the rest of us a bad name. most nonbelievers are closeted, and dont want to attract such attention to ourselves.
You and I can drink beer while the rest of these morons cut off their own noses to spite their faces

Why can they not pray together in the same room? A group of Buddhist players could collectively meditate together, and a group of atheists could do whatever they wanted together. That's my point. People should be allowed to do what they want without the government deciding for them.

Sure, they can go all in a room beforehand together and pray if they want to. The fact that the coach handed the meeting over to the captain which makes the prayer a team sanctioned event is the problem if there is one decenter.

on this issue, i will say this....

at my place of employment, the "boss" will occasionally offer up a prayer when we have meetings. the idea being, "well you arent being forced to pray. its optional."

but that puts me, and other nonbelievers in a F'ing unfair spot. i can either pretend to be a christian and fake pray, OR, i can out myself as a nonbeliver to my coworkers. why should i be forced to do that at work?
You can't just sit there and not pray? And what the guy is doing isn't illegal, so there's that. The law doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

You can't just sit there and not pray? And what the guy is doing isn't illegal, so there's that. The law doesn't give a shit about our feelings.

i can just sit there, but inevitably people may look up and see that im not praying...head bowed and such. i really would just prefer that my coworkers not know my religious beliefs, or lack of them. and this forces me into a situation where that could be discovered. its not THAT big of a deal, but i think its unnecessary for me to be put in that situation. i wont sue over it, though.

and youre right, i suppose it isnt illegal, although a case could be made that it is. its debatable. this is a taxpayer funded employer.

Sure, they can go all in a room beforehand together and pray if they want to. The fact that the coach handed the meeting over to the captain which makes the prayer a team sanctioned event is the problem if there is one decenter.
So we disagree. The player has no formal authority. His position on the team is informal authority. This is not a sanctioned event or mandated by anything with power. It is a voluntary activity done by the players, as long as the coach makes no attempt to enforce players to participate or ensure that the event happens in the first place.

So we disagree. The player has no formal authority. His position on the team is informal authority. This is not a sanctioned event or mandated by anything with power. It is a voluntary activity done by the players, as long as the coach makes no attempt to enforce players to participate or ensure that the event happens in the first place.

I just google a case and here was the ruling from the Supreme Court:

The Court held that the policy allowing the student-led prayer at the football games was unconstitutional. The majority opinion, written by Justice Stevens, depended on Lee v. Weisman.[3] It held that these pre-game prayers delivered "on school property, at school-sponsored events, over the school's public address system, by a speaker representing the student body, under the supervision of school faculty, and pursuant to a school policy that explicitly and implicitly encourages public prayer" are not private, but public speech. "Regardless of the listener's support for, or objection to, the message, an objective Santa Fe High School student will unquestionably perceive the inevitable pregame prayer as stamped with her school's seal of approval."

I just google a case and here was the ruling from the Supreme Court:

The Court held that the policy allowing the student-led prayer at the football games was unconstitutional. The majority opinion, written by Justice Stevens, depended on Lee v. Weisman.[3] It held that these pre-game prayers delivered "on school property, at school-sponsored events, over the school's public address system, by a speaker representing the student body, under the supervision of school faculty, and pursuant to a school policy that explicitly and implicitly encourages public prayer" are not private, but public speech. "Regardless of the listener's support for, or objection to, the message, an objective Santa Fe High School student will unquestionably perceive the inevitable pregame prayer as stamped with her school's seal of approval."
I'm not asking what the law is. I thought we were discussing what it should be.

I'm not asking what the law is. I thought we were discussing what it should be.

Ok, I agree with the Supreme court, they are saying that it is a school sponsored event being lead by a representative of the team. You don't agree.

Ok, I agree with the Supreme court, they are saying that it is a school sponsored event being lead by a representative of the team. You don't agree.
Correct. I hope that the Courts shift and overturn this decision one day. You can hope otherwise, and that's totally fine.

Correct. I hope that the Courts shift and overturn this decision one day. You can hope otherwise, and that's totally fine.

I hope that any public organization or team will include a reflection/prayer/meditation that can be inclusive to all. Something like:

"May we all draw strength from whatever we believe in to play our best, keep us safe and make everyone who cares about us proud"

I'd have absolutely no problem with this.

@JonnyRingo84 Would you have an issue with something like this at work?

Last edited:
The US was above 70% christian as of like 2015, unfortunately secularism hasn't won the war quite yet.

I just wish it would happen already. I, for one, just can’t wait for the atheists to win and then watch all of the evils they generally blame solely on religion to just fade away. The utopia that follows will be glorious, if the track record of the atheist nations of history are any indicator.

I do wonder though… Unlikely though it may be, if there are any problems in this secular society of the future, who the hell are they going to blame it on if not religious people? That itself might be the biggest problem atheists will face in their perfect future...

I wish we were the vast majority. The world would be a better place with less Rips in it.

Religion is directly responsible for the progression of western civilization, INCLUDING secularism.

I'm pretty sure it's the other way around. Yes it's religious people breaking away from dogma and rebelling against the establishment that help progress western culture. Yes you can call them religious because it's all you could be back then. But ltitle by little those people broke Christianity down and allowed the modernization of western culture. They chipped away till it relegated to a insignificant part of western life. Where people practice out of tradition and habit than belief.

Liked for Neo doing his "Superman thing" for the first time on screen!

The atheist left has our colleges, most of the media, hollywood, cultural elites, and billionaire global elites (Soros, Rothchilds, etc).

Virtually all radical feminists and SJW anti free speech radicals call themselves atheists.

Atheists are moral relavists/materialists who easily fall prey to utopian delusions. This why they are so dangerous when they're in power. This is why they bring totalitarianism wherever they go.

Atheist left wing totalitarianism is FAR more dangerous than islam I keep telling my fellow christians but they don't hear me.
This is a great post. Exactly why Atheists are no longer underdogs. It's not only about population, or the number of religious people in a completely separate part of the world... Atheists have monopoly on the most powerful pillars of the global community. The west...

Like you said; Media, education, Entertainment (Hollywood), Ruling/Elite class...

They have it all.

The US was above 70% christian as of like 2015, unfortunately secularism hasn't won the war quite yet.

Secularism has nothing to do with the number of people identifying as Christians.

News Flash: You're not. You are the dominant belief system. You are no longer the underclass. No longer the little guy, nor the underdog. You are the common, the favorite, the frat-boy chad thundercock equivalent. It's been this way for decades now.

This is how they still see themselves... Walking through the streets, as if they are the chosen one, the enlightened one... Amongst Drones and brainwashed slaves. This is really how reality is for them.
Have you been posting on the incels forum again?

Back