Why do Actors exaggerate their Heights? (Pics included)

Part of it is their ego and for some of them it's part of their brand, especially if that brand is tough guy or guy who is a sex symbol.

No wants to hear that Tom Cruise or Lenny Kravitz is 5'7. That isn't sexy at all. Shorties in the entertainment industry have very fragile egos.

pro wrestlers are bad examples, they always exaggerate their height for the sake of pretending everyone is a 7 foot monster
It doesn't help when college sports programs (even pro organizations) abet in the lie. Miami listed Rock at 6'5" when he played football for them. He doesn't even try to maintain the lie at that magnitude in Hollywood. He says 6'4".

Pretty plain to the eye he's really ~6'2".

Yeah, they all do this. Even the short ones. Kieran Culkin isn't 5'6". He's 5'3". I passed him on the street. My little brother's best friend is 5'7", so I know the height well. 5'6" my ass, Kieran.

And nobody compares to bodybuilders when it comes to exaggerating height.

The ultimate manlet subculture produces the ultimate tradition of bullshitting. I am massively surprised.

Vin Disel is another one, he gets away with it because he has some long azz arms so when he wears lifts he looks taller.

What impresses me about Diesel though is he can do those fight scenes with those big booted lifts he wears you would think it would be harder to move in those things

13fd2042e5baed23582e9b0b55c9abdd.jpg

Is that Michelle Rodriguez!?
<{ohyeah}>

Worst was the kid that played Bart Simpson.

screen-shot-2012-03-12-at-11-07-58-am.png

And nobody compares to bodybuilders when it comes to exaggerating height.

The ultimate manlet subculture produces the ultimate tradition of bullshitting. I am massively surprised.

Bodybuilders lie big time, whats weird is when I was a kid back in the 90s the bodybuilders were TALLER, now they want them to be shorter they say 5 foot 7 to 5 foot 8 is the perfect size for bodybuilding now, wtf?

Arnold, Lou, Zane were taller leaner guys, Zane was a legit 5 foot 9, Arnold was a bit over six foot and Lou Ferigno was around 6 foot 4.

Some bodybuilder was claiming he was 5 foot 10 but some guy who was 5 foot 9 took a picture with him at the Expo and he was like 3 inches taller.

No way is Depp 5 foot 10 lol, more like 5 foot 8, and Pacino is not 5 foot 7 hahaaha wtf he is 5 foot 4 or 5 foot 5, Clooney at 5 foot 10 sounds about right and Statham at 5 foot 9. But the one that shocked me is Emilio Estevez wtf at 5 foot 4 I never knew he was that short I seen him in those 80s flicks and never thought he was that small, he always appeared around 5 foot 7 to me, like a regular sized guy. crazy stuff. Also Downey Jr is 5 foot 5 according to alot of people who worked costume design who had to make him lifts that were at least 3 to 4 inches.

Bardem is another shocker the guy looks tall, I always thought he was a six footer maybe its his face but he is only 5 foot 7?

Edit: some of those heights are off Bardem I looked it up is 5 foot 11 or 6 foot with shoes, if he were only 5 foot 7 he would be much shorter than Julia Roberts who is 5 foot 9

julia-roberts-javier-bardem-eat-pray-love-premiere-03.jpg

hahaha, that is just embarrassing. if i were around guys with those kinds of shoes, i'd be laughing my ass off. nothing is more embarrassing than insecurity.

Bodybuilders lie big time, whats weird is when I was a kid back in the 90s the bodybuilders were TALLER, now they want them to be shorter they say 5 foot 7 to 5 foot 8 is the perfect size for bodybuilding now, wtf?

Arnold, Lou, Zane were taller leaner guys, Zane was a legit 5 foot 9, Arnold was a bit over six foot and Lou Ferigno was around 6 foot 4.

Some bodybuilder was claiming he was 5 foot 10 but some guy who was 5 foot 9 took a picture with him at the Expo and he was like 3 inches taller.

Does not compute.

No way is Depp 5 foot 10 lol, more like 5 foot 8, and Pacino is not 5 foot 7 hahaaha wtf he is 5 foot 4 or 5 foot 5, Clooney at 5 foot 10 sounds about right and Statham at 5 foot 9. But the one that shocked me is Emilio Estevez wtf at 5 foot 4 I never knew he was that short I seen him in those 80s flicks and never thought he was that small, he always appeared around 5 foot 7 to me, like a regular sized guy. crazy stuff. Also Downey Jr is 5 foot 5 according to alot of people who worked costume design who had to make him lifts that were at least 3 to 4 inches.

Bardem is another shocker the guy looks tall, I always thought he was a six footer maybe its his face but he is only 5 foot 7?

Edit: some of those heights are off Bardem I looked it up is 5 foot 11 or 6 foot with shoes, if he were only 5 foot 7 he would be much shorter than Julia Roberts who is 5 foot 9

julia-roberts-javier-bardem-eat-pray-love-premiere-03.jpg

Bardem has a big head which adds 2 inches to his height.

Back