Why do Actors exaggerate their Heights? (Pics included)

Conan O'Brien was a good 2+" taller than him when The Rock was wearing boots on his show and Conan is a legit 6'4" and compares well to actors that always go by that height like Kevin Nealon and Goldblum and 6'5" guys like Vince Vaughan and Tesh. Conan has been my standard for height comparisons as he's often taller than actors claiming to be 6'4" while he never claims to be anything over that himself. He was a good 2" taller than Sam from Supernatural who also claims to be 6'4".
Not a terribly reliable method for determining height. Conan's dress shoes have pretty thick soles (plenty of close-ups over the years), and he has tall hair.

Pulled from another forum:
robrock_display_image.jpg

So is Brock not 6'2? The Minnesota Vikings measured him at this height despite the WWE claims. He's still listed at 6'3" in the UFC, and this is what he was listed at in his NCAA wrestling days:
http://www.thewrestlingrevolution.com/profile.php?id=220&gimmick=Brock+Lesnar (internet entry from 2000)

7286486.jpeg

On a similar note. I'm 6 feet tall. I've been 6 feet tall since I was about 16 years old so I'm pretty good at gauging peoples heights, I guess them correctly all the time. I just look at their eyes and judge how many inches above or below my eyes theirs are.

People that are 5'11 lie all the time and say they are 6 feet. You can set a watch too it. Do you guys even recall many times when someone says they're 5'11? Not often. I've noticed this for years.
I’m 5 -11 and your right..I work construction so there’s some big motherfuckers,especially iron workers(I swear you have to be 6-3 Just to get into there Apprenticship lol),but I meet a lot of guys my exact height and they always say 6’

Doing a quick search on the net largescale studies say its around 5.5 in the US and 5,2 here in the UK, it is around 6.5 inchs in west Africa though so race might have a factor there. What you could argue I spose is that really that actual average doesn't matter though and its more perception, I mean you look at sherdog and it does kind of show a distortion of what an "average" women might look like so the reverse being true is probably an issue for women as well with penis size. I would say from personal experience being a little over 6 1/2 inchs most womens reactions have seemed "whats expected" even if its somewhat above the average for a white brit.

Footwear wise I do actually wear boots(although 5'10 is my actual height) mainly because I spend a lot of time walking though mud/undergrowth/uneven ground as a landscape photographer, not with big heels though which I'd agree does look a bit "try hard".

Manlet with small penis

Canon shooter confirmed

J/K, your prolly a micro 4/3rds guy

Nikon, there's an FX, DX or CX joke in there somewhere. <45>

Right, not familiar with cx though.

I feel like a Neanderthal at times when I’m out and people are staring at my D3 like “look at that relic, did he find that at an archeological dig” lololol

Right, not familiar with cx though.

I feel like a Neanderthal at times when I’m out and people are staring at my D3 like “look at that relic, did he find that at an archeological dig” lololol

CX is the mostly defunct Nikon One system with the 1 inch sensor.

Guess it depends rather what you need it for doesn't it? the main advances in pro double grip bodies are in the frames per second getting insanely fast but 12-14 FPS is getting pretty extreme.

Personally went with a D800 for maximum resolution when printing large, not feeling the need to upgrade that quickly, probably end up buying the D850 if it starts to show its age in another year or two. Generally though I think cameras have reached a level when constant upgrading isn't really worth it.

CX is the mostly defunct Nikon One system with the 1 inch sensor.

Guess it depends rather what you need it for doesn't it? the main advances in pro double grip bodies are in the frames per second getting insanely fast but 12-14 FPS is getting pretty extreme.

Personally went with a D800 for maximum resolution when printing large, not feeling the need to upgrade that quickly, probably end up buying the D850 if it starts to show its age in another year or two. Generally though I think cameras have reached a level when constant upgrading isn't really worth it.

Yeah the only thing I’d rather have better is high iso, and that’s not even that needed for me on mine.

I stopped upgrading years back, the advancements from the d1,2,2h,x,dx and the 3 were light years of difference per model same with d100/200/300 etc.

I might get a d4s, in another year or two when they are sub 1500 used. I’m never paying 6k for a body again.

Same with lenses, I can’t see enough difference between my good glass and the fl/e versions especially 12mp and printing no larger than 20x30

I’m 5 -11 and your right..I work construction so there’s some big motherfuckers,especially iron workers(I swear you have to be 6-3 Just to get into there Apprenticship lol),but I meet a lot of guys my exact height and they always say 6’

Really you need something more granular because If height was in CM them there wouldn't be some magical number 6 that everyone would shoot for.

What I love is when girls tell me I must be at least 6’3” maybe even 6’4 because there ex’s were 6-6’1 and I’m so so much taller.

I’m like no they weren’t I’m 6’1 and some change. They were under 6’ sweaty

Whoa,, I just read Joey Lawrence of Blossom game is only 5’6.

A lot of Construction workers and farmers are some strong ass mofos alot of them could be skinny but they lift heavy things easy, ive seen some built like dan severn and don frye and some like tony ferguson and they were all strong.

Lifting shit like its nothing.

Whoa,, I just read Joey Lawrence of Blossom game is only 5’6.

I thought he was five foot ten? So he is on that rogan status, he looks taller than rogan, maybe its because his body is proportionate

Yeah the only thing I’d rather have better is high iso, and that’s not even that needed for me on mine.

I stopped upgrading years back, the advancements from the d1,2,2h,x,dx and the 3 were light years of difference per model same with d100/200/300 etc.

I might get a d4s, in another year or two when they are sub 1500 used. I’m never paying 6k for a body again.

Same with lenses, I can’t see enough difference between my good glass and the fl/e versions especially 12mp and printing no larger than 20x30

Honestly ISO performance hasn't really changed that much, I'm guessing maybe half a stop better at most? the maximum ISO's on cameras have increased massively but that doesn't mean lower ISO in the range most people who aren't military snipers will use have improved the same amount, don't remember the last time I shot more than ISO 3200 and I'm normally ISO 100-400.

Printing really depends a lot what you printing doesn't it, I mean I stitch images quite often for big prints up to 100 megapixel+ but that's for ultra detailed landscapes where people like to be able to eyeball them and pickout some small feature.

A lot of those new E-lenses are really to exploit the ultra fast FPS of newer bodies anyway so probably not much benefit for your D3. The only new releases that really seem to shift things much are the defractive optics that makes tele lenses a lot smaller, the new 300mm F/4 is about half the size/weight of the old one.

Last edited:
I thought he was five foot ten? So he is on that rogan status, he looks taller than rogan, maybe its because his body is proportionate

He is listed on IMDB at 5’7. So you know he is really short. He lost his hair and looks like a weirdo.

lol thats your favorite story Cint ive seen you mention that several times, I can tell you are proud of that moment

I'm stoked that for the first time in my life I towered over a celebrity. BTW I met many in the past.

He is listed on IMDB at 5’7. So you know he is really short. He lost his hair and looks like a weirdo.
I think he looks weird because he got hair implants, he should just own it and go full bald, he has the head and the looks for it

he was rocking the bald look a while back and looked great, now he looks weird with the obvious fake hair and cabooki powder to to fill in and thicken it
a382bb9c148543f326123656d4b8956b.jpg

If you're having problems with your height go get some inversion tablet and dumbbells, and have some inverted situps.

Not a terribly reliable method for determining height. Conan's dress shoes have pretty thick soles (plenty of close-ups over the years), and he has tall hair.

Pulled from another forum:
robrock_display_image.jpg

So is Brock not 6'2? The Minnesota Vikings measured him at this height despite the WWE claims. He's still listed at 6'3" in the UFC, and this is what he was listed at in his NCAA wrestling days:
http://www.thewrestlingrevolution.com/profile.php?id=220&gimmick=Brock+Lesnar (internet entry from 2000)

7286486.jpeg

I always take the hair into consideration you pretty much have to, but his dress shoes don't compare to the boots that The Rock has on whenever he's on the show in terms of soles. I tried to find some Youtube clips but only got short interview segments and one bad angle. The Rock has been on the show a bunch of times though and I can recall their height discrepancy pretty well because I was surpised the first time I noticed it.
The Brock/Rock picture also doesn't show the whole body. Went through a bunch of stuff with them together. Here's a few pics of them next to one another with Brock barefoot after a UFC fight and The Rock with shoes on.
zjbc0k.png

Then you have this one.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/fly07AsIz04/hqdefault.jpg
This one.
https://cdn.inquisitr.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/BrockRock.jpg
This one.
http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/k6rICHWe1n8/hqdefault.jpg
This one from another time with both having shoes on.
https://sparxentertainment.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/the-rock-vs-brock.jpg
And this one.
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/i2dHE-FE7tg/maxresdefault.jpg

Brock also looked a little taller in their matches I skimmed through.

Hope this doesn't come across as being jerky, I honestly don't care all that much about anyone else's height, it was just something I noticed from The Rock being on Conan a bunch of times.

Back