Why do Actors exaggerate their Heights? (Pics included)

I read somewhere that Rodman was only 5 foot 8 and had late growth spurt at 21 or something like that and grew all the way to 6 foot 6 by 22 years of age. Thats crazy if true, also read that Kevin Costner was 5 foot 2 when he graduated high school at 18 years old, and grew to 6 foot 1 by 23 years old.
A guy I was in the Marines with was 5'4 when he arrived to our unit when he was 19. He said he was 5'3 when he graduated high school. He was 5'8 by the time I got out like 2 years later. Not as extreme but some people are late bloomers.

Just like school when guys used to exaggerate their weight

A guy I was in the Marines with was 5'4 when he arrived to our unit when he was 19. He said he was 5'3 when he graduated high school. He was 5'8 by the time I got out like 2 years later. Not as extreme but some people are late bloomers.
I grew from 6' to 6'4" after i was 18

Rumor is Liam Neeson packs an absolute footlong too. Thick as a subway sandwich too
SkA0kpc.jpg

Cruise is only 5 foot 6 yet he loves dating and acting with taller women. He also attends events wearing lifts that are at least 4 and half inches, yet goes to other events without his lifts. while guys like Vin Diesel and Stallone are NEVER without their lifts, Vin Diesel is 5 foot 8, and Sly Stallone is 5 foot 7, both of them wear big lifts.

I believe all Cruise girlfriends have been taller than him. Mimi Rogers his ex wife is 5 foot 9, Katie Holmes 5 foot 9, Cameron Diaz 5 foot 9, nicole kidman 5 foot 11

Look at Vin Diesels lifts a good 3 inches on the sole and probably an extra inch inside padding so gives him a good 4 inches. He is really only 5 foot 8 the lifts make him 6 foot
vin-diesel-fast-8-set-23.jpg

25A65C2800000578-2952652-image-m-60_1423849327358.jpg

This is the owner of Celeb heights, he shows the custom elevator shoes that vin diesel, cruise, robert downey jr, etc wear,

He is 5 foot 8 and the shoes make him nearly 5 foot 11.

This guy describes the type of insoles the celebs use to add height

On a similar note. I'm 6 feet tall. I've been 6 feet tall since I was about 16 years old so I'm pretty good at gauging peoples heights, I guess them correctly all the time. I just look at their eyes and judge how many inches above or below my eyes theirs are.

People that are 5'11 lie all the time and say they are 6 feet. You can set a watch too it. Do you guys even recall many times when someone says they're 5'11? Not often. I've noticed this for years.
So you're about 5'10 3/4.

Vin Diesel wears some huge custom lift boots during his movies, I would think he might be 5 foot 9 barefoot? those boots look to give him a good 4 inches to his height
vin-diesel-fast-8-set-23.jpg

I was looking at some Pictures online and The Rock is listed as 6 foot 5, and 270, but when he is standing next to Charles Barkley who is 6 foot 4 he looks dwarfed by him. If I were to guess The Rock is about 6 foot 1 and 235 pounds. I remember Batista was listed as 6 foot 6 yet he was an same height and similar build to Chris Pratt who is an actual 6 foot 2. if he were 6 foot 6 he would be much taller than him.

452618782.jpg

Mark Wahlberg who is closer to 5 foot 7 yet claims 5 foot 10 is even smaller.

It seems the standard for Hollywood is if you are 5 foot 7 barefoot in real height, claim to either be 5 foot 9 or 10.

The+Rock+Charles+Barkley+Shaquille+ONeal+Mark+Walberg.jpg

the-rock-shaq-barkley.jpeg

And as you know Sylvester Stallone is the most famous lift wearer, the guy has to be 5 foot 6 yet claims 5 foot 11 he wears ridiculous lifts like the ones seen here.
Sylvester+Stallone+Arnold+Schwarzenegger+Expendables+bZ-KEGlgVqvl.jpg

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Dwayne-Johnson-The-Rock-54.html

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Vin-Diesel-71.html

I trust Celebheight.

And Vin Diesel is the worst it makes me hate him cause he is such a lying and in denial piece of shit.

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Dwayne-Johnson-The-Rock-54.html

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Vin-Diesel-71.html

I trust Celebheight.

And Vin Diesel is the worst it makes me hate him cause he is such a lying and in denial piece of shit.

Yeah he is 5 foot 11 with elevator boots on.

Look at this his Skechers boots, you can see that huge heel combined with the insole padding on the right foot that he is bending you can see he has a 2 inch wedge in there inside the shoe. Vin is so careful to never bee seen in public without lifts on.
http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_in_content_image/vin-diesel-xxx-sequel_o1vqjb.jpg

Vin is always wearing those 4 inch lift customs, he even has lifts in his sneakers
diesel-statham-fast-7-jpg.jpg

123331PCN_GuardiansGal16cut.jpg

Heard the procedure is painful. Sawing right through the bone and then stretching it. Ouch.

All for an extra 5-7centimeters.

Manlets are THIS desperate.

Yeah he is 5 foot 11 with elevator boots on.

Look at this his Skechers boots, you can see that huge heel combined with the insole padding on the right foot that he is bending you can see he has a 2 inch wedge in there inside the shoe. Vin is so careful to never bee seen in public without lifts on.
http://images.complex.com/complex/image/upload/t_in_content_image/vin-diesel-xxx-sequel_o1vqjb.jpg

Vin is always wearing those 4 inch lift customs, he even has lifts in his sneakers
diesel-statham-fast-7-jpg.jpg

123331PCN_GuardiansGal16cut.jpg

You think he is shorter than 5'11? It is possible

I wouldn't go lower than 5'9 or 5'10 though. His lifts are everywhere and noticeable. I wonder what it is like being him and that insecure.

He isn't a short guy so is it him coming up short in the pants and thereby feeling that his height must compensate but because he isn't tall he likes to pretend and appear he is tall via wearing lifts 24/7?

You think he is shorter than 5'11? It is possible

I wouldn't go lower than 5'9 or 5'10 though. His lifts are everywhere and noticeable. I wonder what it is like being him and that insecure.

He isn't a short guy so is it him coming up short in the pants and thereby feeling that his height must compensate but because he isn't tall he likes to pretend and appear he is tall via wearing lifts 24/7?

I wouldnt be surprised if he wore lifts while making love to his wife lol

I doubt it has to do with penis, height is just one of those things, a lot of guys feel insecure.

Nothing wrong with being 5 foot 9 thats average height. He is not 5 foot 11 without lifts, if he were he would be hovering over The Rock, who is 6 foot 2, Vin would be 6 foot 4 with those lifts if he were 5 foot 11 barefoot.

Vin is 5 foot 9, if you see the cast photo of one of the old fast and furious Vin looks weird Paul Walker was wearing plain van shoes with no lifts and is a legit 6 foot 2, but Vin looked like a kid standing up straight on stilts and was two inches shorter, he had some huge boots again wtih those 4 and half inch lifts.

cofflardthe-cast-of-the-movie-fast-and-furious-5-director-and-justin-picture-id113555120

What impresses me is how he can even run in those during action scenes.

Chris Pratt would destroy Vin diesel, Pratt is a legit 6 foot 2 and 230 pounds, he doesn't wear lifts like Vin diesel look at him here no lifts his wife is 5 foot 5
article-2716145-2041784800000578-94_306x485.jpg

Sad to see successful actors being so insecure about height of all things. You can't change it, and it's not like it's your fault or choice (like having bad manners, bad hygiene, being a dick etc). His posture and astronaut boots make him look even sillier.

That said, i don't know if i would be insecure or feeling the need to compensate because of my height if i was much shorter (i'm of average height - 180-181cm so in between 5 foot 11 and 6 feet).

True story:

A few years ago, I played a small part in a short film set in India. (filming was in Delhi) I was the only American in the film.

During a break in filming, the second director asked me if I would be willing to move to Mumbai and try to make it in Bollywood.

I thought that was odd, since I was doing a horrible job acting in the handful of scenes I was in.

He told me that many Americans show up to Mumbai thinking that since they "haven't made it in Hollywood", then they could easily make it in Bollywood. After all, they assumed it was "JV level productions."

Alas, the Americans trying to make it in Bollywood weren't getting anywhere.

According to this director, it was because every American actor that traveled to Bollywood were still the typical American trying to make it in Hollywood. They are all, tall and handsome.

He continued "After all, you are neither of those things....you will make our stars look tall."

I didn't take him up on his offer.

I'm not saying it's a big deal. It's just very noticeable to me because a 6 foot persons eyes should be at my eye level. And when they're not its always lower. I think it's because 6 feet is considered "tall" and 5'11 people think they can sneak in there.

I'm happy to be living in a country which uses the metric system, therefore my height of 182cm (5'11.75") is barely different from a legit 6' (183cm).
If I said I was 5'11" in other countries people would say I was average , and 6' would be tall, which is unlucky.

No wonder I thought Emilio estevez and Michael J fox were the same person when I was a kid.

Dude I'm Asian what do you think.
I read on here that some Chinese men have massive penises...maybe you are just unlucky.

Back