why didnt sambo catch on

there sambo is evolving. watch sambo now vs in past. guys are playing half guard. iv seen some even do full guard, iv never seen guys play bottom in sambo matches usually trying to scramble to a single and hate being on bottom unless diving for a leg lock

we do have the best gyms in the world bar none every guy goes to usa to train whos in ufc for a reason but still experience is the key not just amazing training competition id not wana fight in m1 those russians are just so damn tough even though nto all have crazy good records some have had100+ sambo matches tons of experience and you have to put them away 100% to finish them no easy fights there of a guy breaking mentally lol i think its due to all that experience they have

if i were to train a kid to be a champ id put him at least once a month competing in something. i think he should do wrestling,boxing,kick boxing if they have it ,no gi tournaments and some type of pankration/amateur mma on the mats. the pankration would be good but iv never really seen it in usa.

its very rare the traditional gi makes people less afraid to do it and seems more safe stable. some guys look at 2 guys with tattoos all over body in mma shorts and gloves and take it as its a full on fight and can be intimidating probably for the average guy. idk i know im rambling, but i think something like that is needed to help younger generations transition into mma.

Last edited:
You do realize Judo is the second most poular sport in the world right? Second only to soccer. Judo is immensley popular worldwide. Even in Brazil it is more popular than BJJ
Nothing against judo, I like it very much. But where your statistics came from? Any source?

Back