Why didn't I do this years ago!!!!!

Bataz

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
So as a muay thai purist who trained and competed from 2005-2010, I was one of those who vowed never to go to the "dark side" (mma). I was ignorant and dismissive of all things mma and its participants.

So having spent 5 years or so away from any form of fight training I have taken up MMA. I was such an ignorant fool back then I can't believe I didn't get involved in this sport sooner. Now I've only been going 2 weeks but the grappling aspect is mind blowing!!!! I'm completely hooked back into the buzz of fight training again and I love it. For that I say thank you to mma and apologize for my previous ignorance.

Really looking forward to where I can go with this now, so excited for every training session I feel 21 again (I'm 32). Anyhow I just wanted to express that for you all hahaha

i remember seeing a poster for the first gym i joined, and it said "ground fighting is addictive".

it really is.

Even at this very early stage I'd have to agree.

Diving into grappling reinvigorated my love of martial arts. I had been training for about 20 years, but slipped into maintenance mode for 2 or 3.

Enter Bjj - and I'm back wholesale , in the gym 3-4 times week.

Diving into grappling reinvigorated my love of martial arts. I had been training for about 20 years, but slipped into maintenance mode for 2 or 3.

Enter Bjj - and I'm back wholesale , in the gym 3-4 times week.
Awesome stuff mate.

I'm turning 32 and haven't grappled in almost two years now. Kinda miss it but mostly don't.

Hugging sweaty men...

Eww_groers.gif

I can relate...Did full contact karate style for long long time and fought off the urge that I needed grappling training too to compliment my stand up...Even tho I watched all the 1st UFC's and all the Gracie challenge matches. I thought it was all fake and they were fighting all bums.. Tried my 1st bjj class 8 years ago and I have been training/ hooked ever since.. Some folks are just hard headed like that

Over the moon I made the move, however I did have a split second of doubt last night when I as introduced to the heel hook haha

Back