why didn't GSP rematch hendricks?

I just rewatched the fight. First time since it was live. I scored it exactly like you. Only difference is that I thought the 4th round was a pick ‘em.

Rogan and Goldie (Rogan) mostly colored it way in favor of Hendricks. That definitely swayed peoples perception of the fight. I had to tell myself to not listen and just watch the fight.

Finally, I rewatchedthinking I was going to see Hendricks win. I still saw it the same way years later. GSP via UD.
You’re one of a few people who said round 4 was anything other than a Hendricks round. Johnny busted him open with serious ground and pound and clearly won the round in my mind.

When GSP came back he wanted a title that would add to his legacy. Rather than fighting a has been who was 3-6 since they last fought.

Hendricks wasn't lucky with his decision that night, but he is lucky to still be in the UFC at this point. GSP won the title at MW when he came back, Johnny was too busy to fight GSP that night, he had to lose to an unranked fighter after losing to a barely top 15.

He won the fight.

He was already set on retirement.

The WADA testing debacle.

Dude was burned with everything.

Either trolls or morons who didn't follow GSP's statements before the fight, he clearly stated, over and over again, that he had a big announcement after the Hendricks fight. Again, he said this BEFORE THE FIGHT. He was planning to leave the sport for a bit because of his issues, no matter the result of the fight.

Ohhhhh please. You should have known by now that a lot of Shertards just do not care about facts. It is the same people that will post GSP’s HGH gut picture and claim it is proof.

Shertards’ biased interpretation of a picture> GSP’s own word BEFORE the fight

So is post gsp

bisping.png

You’re one of a few people who said round 4 was anything other than a Hendricks round. Johnny busted him open with serious ground and pound and clearly won the round in my mind.
This is probably the most “contested” fight between fans and pros that I can remember. Not sure if emotions, or just perception caused this. Can you remember another fight this discussed?

One of the things I love about this sport is the passion folks have.

Thanks for being respectful and discussing like an adult. It’s rare here on Sherdog:)

Now go fuck yourself.........kidding

This is probably the most “contested” fight between fans and pros that I can remember. Not sure if emotions, or just perception caused this. Can you remember another fight this discussed?

One of the things I love about this sport is the passion folks have.

Thanks for being respectful and discussing like an adult. It’s rare here on Sherdog:)

Now go fuck yourself.........kidding
I scored the fight GSP 1,3,5 48-47 but he lost the 4th round on my card.

I believe Machida/Shogun 1 was more contested.

Back