why didn't GSP rematch hendricks?

i rem watching the fight countdown for gsp vs hendricks and he answered the question about retirement and i strongly believe rem him saying somthing like this.... no why would i retire i still love and have years left in this sport. im in prime. then when the fight was over yes im retireing ... n i rem thinking man wtf u jus said...

ive rewatched that fight 20 plus times and score it different almost every time sometimes i think hendrix took it others i think he let himself lose it in the 5th of a super close fight
i think alot people over score it for hendrix mainly because it was the first time in a real long time gsp looked beatable

vice-gsp333.jpg

St Pierre won a razor close decision... Then retired to heal. Hendricks became champion... Then a punching bag at 185.

gsp_facedamage_mmafighting.jpg

This might have been 1 of the reasons that GSP didn't care to rematch Johnny.

Maybe you should look up how GSP looked after the Diaz and Condit fights, does that mean he lost those fights too? Fighters like GSP and Fedor bruise and cuts very easily.

My buddy @JackSchtotll knows this one inside out. He has spent countless days, perhaps even weeks and months, analyzing GSP'S career with a fine tooth comb. His intimate knowledge of all things GSP is enough to write an unauthorized biography or 2. This fine man can probably give you a minute by minute account of not only GSP'S time in the octagon, but also exactly what he was thinking. In fact, my buddy Jack has even changed my mind on GSP and his status in the GOAT discussions.
You're a good man Jack. Teach these fools what's what.
1489708223544s.jpg

Cause he beat him. That's why he didn't give him a rematch.

hendricks beard saved his ass in that fight.....

GSP was already planning on retiring before the fight happened. There were rumors that he was going to retire after the Hendricks fight, he denied them of course but they turned out to be accurate. However you still got ignorant people saying "Hendricks retired GSP" and other shit of that nature.

I still firmly maintain Hendricks won that fight and was robbed, BUT GSP was talking about walking away long before that fight...He doesnt owe it to anyone to fight AGAIN when his heart isnt in it just to rematch Johny. Guy shouldnt have coasted just because he thought he was winning.

He retired before the fight started.
If you think it was because it was a close fight go watch gsp/condit.
I'm not saying he was running from Hendricks.

I'm saying, you can't fight someone when you're retired.

Well, GSP did say that he was planning on leaving and his camp was pretty clear on that also. I think that had a lot to do with Dana and the gang doing the big hype job back then about how if Johnny touches you that's it sort of Ngannou routine.

Anyway, the fight was close, they gave it to GSP so no big controversy there except for GSP's haters. Don't make it out like it was a robbery or something.

I will give you the reason for no rematch. Johnny is washed up now and GSP get zero cred for laying an ugly shit kicking on him. It makes no sense at all.

Maybe you should look up how GSP looked after the Diaz and Condit fights, does that mean he lost those fights too? Fighters like GSP and Fedor bruise and cuts very easily.

Just to be clear, I was rooting for GSP in that fight. Besides the very first takedown by GSP, it seemed like the whole entire fight GSP was either defending an attack, or trying to battle back. At no time was Johnny in any real trouble. GSP on the other hand seemed rocked several times. GSP had to go to the hospital. Johnny needed ice for his hands. That is the difference.

UFC 167 results: Georges St. Pierre vs. Johny Hendricks Fight Metric report

https://www.mmamania.com/2013/11/17...pierre-vs-johny-hendricks-fight-metric-report

UFC 167: Official statistics provider says Johny Hendricks was more effective than Georges St-Pierre

http://nationalpost.com/sports/ufc-...cks-was-more-effective-than-georges-st-pierre

You are comparing GSP, after the Diaz and Condit fights???

hqdefault.jpg

UFCGeorgesStPierre.jpg

skip to (24:10)

Listen to him after the Hendricks fight. He sounds like a guy who got the s**t beat out of him.

skip to (4:13)

Then listen to Johnny post fight. They don't look or sound remotely the same. That is because GSP knew that he probably lost that fight.

Last edited:
Back