why didn't GSP rematch hendricks?

BALLERSTATUSMCG

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I get it GSP won... but i easily gave the first round to Hendricks and I don't see how you can score it any other way...

I know hendricks sucks now, but are we really supposed to believe as fans that George was having demons or was too stressed from being champion?

he was still in his prime, not quite, but still.... how could he retire after getting his ass beat like that and rewatching the fight? it seems he cared more about his fake legacy than coming back and proving he is the better fighter?

it just doesn't sit with me well and I feel George is better than that...how could he just let that go? especially being mother fucking GSP....

it seems so odd

Well, why don't you just come out and say it, whatever the hell it is that you're implying?

Pussy.

Sorry, I kinda lose it when it comes to GSP. I'm kind of a fanboy.

Because fear had gripped his mortal soul.

I doubt that Hendricks can make Middleweight ...

Post-USADA Hendricks is half the man he used to be

Yeah why headline a PPV card and fight for a tittle when you can fight a guy who cant even beat a scale

Hendricks closed his restaurant so no more special meat!

Hendricks was never the same after opening up his BBQ joint. He must’ve been getting high on his own supply!

Did´t Hendrick win that fight???

usp-mma_-ufc-167-st-pierre-vs-hendricks_008.jpg

GSP-FACE.jpg

Im not sure GSP can make light heavyweight given the Hendricks's condition

In the whole build up to the fight there was big rumors that GSP would retire, so yes. I do believe it had nothing to do with how the fight went and he was too "scared" for a rematch. That said while I don't score fights I felt like Hendricks won

He retired the second the fight was over.

I would think he would be compelled to come back after that fight, even if he retired and planned on retiring. He has to have an insane competitive spirit to do what he accomplished up to that point and to win that fight when 99% of fighters and analysts scored it for Hendricks and after watching it and after getting beta'd you think he would want come back and annihilate Hendricks

Because mentally he wanted a break. And he does not care what people on Twitter or fan forums think about him. He basically retired. 4 years out. It’s not like he took six months off to avoid him. He was gone a long time.

Either trolls or morons who didn't follow GSP's statements before the fight, he clearly stated, over and over again, that he had a big announcement after the Hendricks fight. Again, he said this BEFORE THE FIGHT. He was planning to leave the sport for a bit because of his issues, no matter the result of the fight.

I get it GSP won... but i easily gave the first round to Hendricks and I don't see how you can score it any other way...

I know hendricks sucks now, but are we really supposed to believe as fans that George was having demons or was too stressed from being champion?

he was still in his prime, not quite, but still.... how could he retire after getting his ass beat like that and rewatching the fight? it seems he cared more about his fake legacy than coming back and proving he is the better fighter?

it just doesn't sit with me well and I feel George is better than that...how could he just let that go? especially being mother fucking GSP....

it seems so odd

This might help you understand...you aren't GSP. You are some guy who has never fought professionally, never been in the spotlight, never stepped in the cage with another man in front on 20,000 people and millions watching around the world.

Maybe GSP just let it go because he had already fought 21 times in the UFC before he met Hendricks.

Maybe GSP was ridden with anxiety from years of fighting.

Maybe GSP needed a break after fighting professionally since 2004.

Maybe GSP believes he won the fight and doesn't care what you think.

Back