Why Did Tyron Woodley Duck Colby Covington?

tyron is in a tough spot. he has been trying to make serious money and all along was under the delusion (like many others) that being the champ is the way to do it. now that he's champ and realizes what's up, he is after a big name. he tried to bait conor, gsp dodged him, and the diaz brothers are all talk. covington sure as shit isn't it.

i like tyron but he played it too safe. if he had just stuck with knocked dudes cold, he'd be farther ahead than he is.

Fuck that. If he's wanting to fight a LW gatekeeper he should vacate the belt

He wanted to fight the winner of Bisping/GSP. He called them out before the outcome. He has been calling GSP out for the longest. GSP isn't showing interest in Tyron. So it isn't as if he is looking for easy pickings. He just genuinely wants to get paid but there aren't many options.

I've been busy watching football lately so I may not be up to date. But as far as I know, Dana didn't tell Tyron he is fighting Covington next with Tyron refusing to fight. So he has no need to vacate the belt.

Since when does Colby deserves a shot lol
He just beat Maia in a fight where both looked awful,Colby just had more stamina
He should maybe beat at least an other top fighter
Lawler,Thompson,rda or masvidal would all wreck him easily
Just an another big mouthed guy trying to create buzz for an undeserved shot
Tyron kill him if he ever fight this guy
Maia landed almost at will before gassing

He gassed in the first round?

He wanted to fight the winner of Bisping/GSP. He called them out before the outcome. He has been calling GSP out for the longest. GSP isn't showing interest in Tyron. So it isn't as if he is looking for easy pickings. He just genuinely wants to get paid but there aren't many options.

I've been busy watching football lately so I may not be up to date. But as far as I know, Dana didn't tell Tyron he is fighting Covington next with Tyron refusing to fight. So he has no need to vacate the belt.

He's not relevant enough for those fights. He needs to know his level. As if GSP/Bisping would give up their fight for Woodley

tyron is in a tough spot. he has been trying to make serious money and all along was under the delusion (like many others) that being the champ is the way to do it. now that he's champ and realizes what's up, he is after a big name. he tried to bait conor, gsp dodged him, and the diaz brothers are all talk. covington sure as shit isn't it.

i like tyron but he played it too safe. if he had just stuck with knocked dudes cold, he'd be farther ahead than he is.

The bold wouldn't make a difference for Tyron. He'd be less likely to get money fight opponents to agree to fighting him if he was knocking everyone out cold. His best shot at a money fight is GSP. But that fight is totally up to GSP as GSP is picking his fights at this point.

The bold wouldn't make a difference for Tyron. He'd be less likely to get money fight opponents to agree to fighting him if he was knocking everyone out cold. His best shot at a money fight is GSP. But that fight is totally up to GSP as GSP is picking his fights at this point.

It would make a difference to the UFC to push for it

fucking LOL i you think woodley would ever duck colby, a guy who was getting outboxed by maia.

He's not relevant enough for those fights. He needs to know his level. As if GSP/Bisping would give up their fight for Woodley

He wanted the winner. They could still fight, as they did. He wanted the winner which is GSP. GSP hasn't shown interest in Woodley.

Yea. Woodley knocking out everyone would have made landed Woodley a money fight with GSP or Nate. Sure....

Yeah. It would have given the UFC the incentive to pay whatever the fighters asked. Instead Woodley is just a boring fighter

Woodley wants someone to sell his fight.

Why would he?

Tyron isn't the type of opponent GSP would show interest in. Neither is Whittaker. But I think Tyron is the safer choice so I think he has the better chance of securing the GSP fight.

Tyron isn't the type of opponent GSP would show interest in. Neither is Whittaker. But I think Tyron is the safer choice so I think he has the better chance of securing the GSP fight.

At this point in his career it's obvious GSP is looking for "money fights" - Woodley does nothing for him

Isn't there an offer out to Colby from the UFC to fight Usman?

Back