Why did the UFC make GSP sign a contract saying that he would unify vs Whittaker if he beat Bisping?

It's just a way to gain a contractual advantage.

There is nothing that you can put in a fight contract that can force a fighter to fight someone he does not want to fight. But you can put a clause in a fighter's contract that basically renders his contract null and void if he does not fight who you want him to fight.

GSP has already begun legal action in the past based upon the UFC not honouring their contract with him. This clause eliminates that headache for them. He doesn't take a fight that they want him to take, and they can simply sideline him indefinitely, if they so choose.

Because it’s GSP and they were afraid of him pulling a GSP?

Which he did?

They did it, not to ensure that the division would not suffer, but to make it look like they cared about not hurting the division.

There is nothing to convince oneself of. That GSP is not "the GOAT" is a fact.

In fact, GSP belongs to a second tier of greats: it's even hard to consider him a "great", given he went 5 years without finishing a single fight against mediocre competition.
Mediocre competition? Outside of Dan Hardy, GSP fought a murderers row of opponents during his title reign .You're just a dumbass hater.

It's funny how salty Anderson Silva fanboys no longer can even brag about their own favourite fighter.. so now they have to shit on the actual GOAT

Has this ever happened before with any other fighter? And if so, when?
There's absolutely no way his, or any other fighter's contract would name a specific future opponent. They may use a certain type of wording suggesting who it will be in terms of standings, but absolutely no way GSP'S contract mentioned the name Robert Whittaker. If you're stupid enough to believe that, or suggest that, well then may the lord have mercy on your soul.
Source: I work in an offico and I'm smart.
1520335507405.jpg

Because some people can't be trusted.

Real fighters fight.
Your opinion can't be trusted. You hate God St Pierre for no other reason than he's Canadian. I suspect racism, to be honest.

Huge GSP fan here,

But the unfortunate truth is that GSP was scared to fight legit MWs like Whittaker and Romero, and rightfully so. IMO the canadian man would be a huge underdog

I’m glad he did it though. Maybe WME will take their Titles a little more seriously now

Because they are stupid, probably did the same thing with Mcgoat before the Floyd fight. Doesn't mean shit they got their money fight.

GSP said from the get go that he wasn't interested in defending belts, he just wanted big fights. The UFC tried their best to get the upper hand, even though they didn't have it and still don't.

Now some haters are trying to act as if GSP never said over a year ago that he was coming back for big fights. News flash : Whittaker isn't a draw.

There is nothing to convince oneself of. That GSP is not "the GOAT" is a fact.

In fact, GSP belongs to a second tier of greats: it's even hard to consider him a "great", given he went 5 years without finishing a single fight against mediocre competition.

well sadly for you, your opinion is not in fact, fact and it is your love Anderson who is on a lower tier.

Who is the GOAT? - POLL
  1. Fedor Emelianenko 30.5%
  2. Jon Jones 8.5%
  3. GSP 42.7%
  4. Mighty Mouse 2.3%
  5. Anderson Silva 7.1%

well sadly for you, your opinion is not in fact, fact and it is your love Anderson who is on a lower tier.

Who is the GOAT? - POLL
  1. Fedor Emelianenko 30.5%
  2. Jon Jones 8.5%
  3. GSP 42.7%
  4. Mighty Mouse 2.3%
  5. Anderson Silva 7.1%

First of all: stop replying to my posts. I find your writing pedantic, and your tone too aggressive.

A poll taken at sherdog!!!!! Really? That's truly representative of the universe of people who understand mma.

It's Fedor, Silva and Jones. Everyone else comes below, GSP in the 6th to 10th tier. That the type of person who votes on such dumb polls choose GSP is no surprise.

Here, you received a prize.

26lqg4.jpg

Back