Why Did Ninja Rua Decline So Quickly?

He dared to participate in the PRIDE FC HWGP and Sergei whooped him.

Nailed it. I belueve Chute Box didn't have a heavyweight in their team at the time so Ninja moved up. Ballsy as.

BTT always had the advantage over chute box there because of Nog (even if Ninja did beat Sperry).

He got fucked by the times. Population of ninjers increased all over the world. Law of conservation of ninjutsu, people.

- Chute Boxe
- The Kharitonov fight

Yeah, I was gonna say the Kharitanov fight. The TERRIBLE plan of moving up the heavyweight by simply getting fat, and THEN getting a terrifying ass whooping, pretty much ended his killer instinct.

I was lucky enough to see him live a few times during his Cage rage stint, and all wins luckily.

With a name like Ninja it was impossible for me not to be a fan

by the time he was 22 he had already fought Matsui, Kevin, Hendo, Rampage, Sperry and Arona, that's insane

I'm on a reminiscing trip at the moment watching old UFC events, but I need to go back to that Sperry fight again, that was immense

He was always a fat fuck.
Even if he had good cardio he obviously didnt live very healthy.

No way a non hw pro fighter should be as flabby as he was.

Sergei ruined him, caused brain swelling. He fought a lot at LHW and had a fight at HW when he probably should have been at 185 the whole time.

I'll always remember him fondly for this
tumblr_mc82blOS0z1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

I had the honor of seeing the Radach fight live. Great fight

As mentioned by others i think the Sergei fight and chute boxe training have a lot to answer for

Back