Why did Jones look like crap every time he tried to clinch vs Gustafsson?

He underestimated how good Gus' wrestling was.
This.
Gus doesn't exactly come from a country known for it's wrestling so there was probably little to no work done in practice to counter anything he brought in the clinch. That's probably also why Gus took him down so easily. If you're not expecting it you can't stop it.

Jon Jones is one of the best fighters in UFC history at utilizing reach and mixing it up with kicks too so essentially you are fighting Dr. Octopus. nevermind the fact that the takedown is always present, and once he takes you down you get hell'bowed

when he isn't able to utilize his reach ala the Gus fight, the biggest part of his gameplan is effectively neutralized and he is pretty much just a really good fighter

Gus has exceptional takedown defense, similar size and reach, so the fight pretty much came down to a striking contest with physical traits on both sides even

A big man with really good takedown defense and exceptional striking like Gus is the key to beating Jon Jones

If length and size were just the case, then former HW/LHW Brandon Vera who matches jones size better than all but one of jons opponents, who jones beat easily in the first, would have been a difficult fight. Brandon Vera is huge and jones dismissed him easily without a problem.

Brandon did not have the same tools as Gus, so negation of jones size and range is not just the key. It is skills that negate jones own skills, and good TDD since jones is a natural wrestler.

Last edited:
He was mainlining dick pills and cocaine while sandblasting hoes all week

I thought this had been established ?!?

Btw I saw that bumped Ronda thread where you called everyone who didn't believe that Ronda could beat 100% of the men's BW fighters in the UFC idiots, great stuff from you as always.

I dont know what thread or post you are talking about, but I can already bet I havent said anything factually incorrect and that you are either making a straw man, or you have too low IQ to comprehend what I have said. It is ok, Im used to it.

Just like the shertard idiots couldn't see that DC was "shook and scared and 100% going to lose against Gus".

Yes, most people are horrible at reading body language and I happen to be relatively good at it. Obviously winning some staredown does not mean winning a fight, though, that part is just me hyping the fight as a fan. The fact that you know that, and that you know that I know that, but that you still try to play that as a some kind of... what?, just shows you have nothing. You are just grasping at straws.

And Gus arguably did beat him, 2, 3 and 4. Watch it again. DC has also later openly admitted multiple times he never wants to fight Gus again = scared.

What I learned is that even with one of his best performances Gus couldn't beat a Jon that had one of his worst performances.

And what I learned is that it was Jones best performance ever and that Gus was still green and had no experience in 5 round fights, and the latter is an actual fact. See how easy this is..

He relies on his size, reach and leverage. When those advantages are less significant he doesn't look that great.

Why do you think he avoids HW?

Sorry for my typo, the convict is a2 time loser on undearned title shots.

Lol at "unearned" when he was on a 6 fight win streak in the UFC, and no-one at LHW has ever needed a longer win streak to earn a title shot at LHW in the UFC.

Height and reach do mean a lot when the skill level is similar.

He relies on his size, reach and leverage. When those advantages are less significant he doesn't look lthat great.

Why do you think he avoids HW?

Yep it would be tricky for him.

Overeem is 6'4 with lethal striking and is 255lbs of mostly muscle and is extremely hard to takedown, with his own good takedowns, and good submission grappling background and a deadly clinch and guillotine choke. Overeem also has 80 inch reach, and so does Stipe and both are 6'4 and big boys.

Sure jones has 4 inches on them but they are the same height and that is going to count for something as well. Plus it doesn't mean Jones arms are that much longer it just means his wingspan is, so likely his outstretched arm is longer but by how much? Also Gustafsson had longer legs than Jones when they fought the UFC released their stats all around and Gus was longer in the legs so that maybe helped his kicking game.

Last edited:
Gus is not an easy guy to wrestle these days, both Jones and Cormier couldn't consistently do much to him in that area. Jones might beat him again, but it will certainly not be easy by any means.

the moment someone matched jones with size and skills, he got his ass kicked.

Jones only "looked like crap" because we are so used to seeing him effortlessly control his opponents. Gus is a beast, but let's not pretend we haven't seen Jones prove himself inside the cage time again.

i said this before their first fight, that this would be really hard for jones ... no one did believe me (friends/randoms) ... haha

I dont know what thread or post you are talking about, but I can already bet I havent said anything factually incorrect and that you are either making a straw man, or you have too low IQ to comprehend what I have said. It is ok, Im used to it.

Yes, most people are horrible at reading body language and I happen to be relatively good at it. Obviously winning some staredown does not mean winning a fight, though, that part is just me hyping the fight as a fan. The fact that you know that, and that you know that I know that, but that you still try to play that as a some kind of... what?, just shows you have nothing. You are just grasping at straws.

And Gus arguably did beat him, 2, 3 and 4. Watch it again. DC has also later openly admitted multiple times he never wants to fight Gus again = scared.

And what I learned is that it was Jones best performance ever and that Gus was still green and had no experience in 5 round fights, and the latter is an actual fact. See how easy this is..

You know it, I'd say stop acting dumb but we both know you just really are that stupid. It got bumped like 2 days ago and lots of people were quoting your post and destroying you over it, no way you didn't see all those notifications. Ronda couldn't beat 100% of male BWs, there may be an EXTREMELY SMALL chance she could beat the absolute worst ones on a good day, but she couldn't beat Cruz, Tj, Cody or any of the top BWs. No way in hell

There you go again trying to hype yourself up even though you've been nothing but wrong in all your bold and stupid predictions. Shouldn't you wait until you're actually right for once before you start talking up your supposed intelligence? Just makes you look pathetic when you try so hard with a laughable record of nothing but failures.

I've seen the fight. I scored it for Jones, most media scored it for Jones, the judges scored it for Jones, Jones won. Didn't you say you previously scored the fight a draw? Make up your mind.

Back