Why did Gerard Mousasi quit the UFC?

recondojoe

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
Is it because he couldn't hang with the top competition? I felt like he was doing pretty good, I really don't know what happened

was he fired or something??

He didn't like the way UFC is operated and didn't think that he would ever be rewarded with a title shot. Bellator offered him a lot more upward mobility in both the MW and LHW divisions, as well as the ability to pursue opportunities outside of the cage, among other perks.

Because the ufc is poor and didn’t want to pay him what he is worth.

Had the last fight in his contract. Tested out the market. Bellator gave him more.

Dana gave him no respect.

tenor.gif

Because he didn't get Vitor money for beating up grandpas.

He beat up Hendo & Vitor & got a big head and a dozen sherdog hypeboys on his train.

Alvey & Villante are good examples. They beat up that level of competition and do it with a smile.

i could be wrong but like a few other fighters at that time, i think reebok and lack of their own endorsements played a big part ?
the timing of everything was all too coincidental ?

i could be wrong but like a few other fighters at that time, i think reebok and lack of their own endorsements played a big part ?
the timing of everything was all too coincidental ?
Gegard definitely had some bad things to say about reebok.

Moose had enough of Dana's bullshit and the pot was sweeter elsewhere.

He didn't quit. The UFC lowballed him, he became a free agent, Bellator gave him an offer and the UFC declined to match

He beat up Hendo & Vitor & got a big head and a dozen sherdog hypeboys on his train.

Alvey & Villante are good examples. They beat up that level of competition and do it with a smile.
Neither Alvey or Villante have fought the comp Moose has.

Why did Gerard Mousasi quit the UFC?

Because its shit

WTF?

Name another middleweight who has won 4 UFC fights in a row by KO/TKO over a span of 9 months.

He was murking Chris Weidman, too. Same reason they let Rory go, cheap fucks.

Mousasi thinks he is middleweight GOAT but the UFC knew differently.

Because they weren't using him correctly

Back