Why did GDR duck Cyborg?

Cyborg would have wasted her. GDR didn't want Cyborg and didn't even pretend to have some interest. She passed on that fight ASAP.

GDR should not even be introduced as a former champ, stupid placeholder champion, worse than Esparza.

That said beating Holly should put her in a good position at 135, one foght away. Pennington or Pena would be good fights for her right now.

GDR is scared shitless. truth is GDR never developed her ground game soon as she hits the mat she acts a fish out of water. Go back and watch her fight with Nunes and see the fear in her eyes as Nunes gets mount and pound on her. Cyborg is a bigger, stronger better condition version of Nunes everyone knows whats going to happen if they fight.

If GDR wanted to duck Cyborg the easiest thing to do is call out Nunes because Nunes call her out soon as sher won the belt but unfortunately she wants no part of Nunes either GDR only wants to fight small girls that can't take her down or pure strikers.

She probably didn't want to get her face smashed and become even uglier :oops:

GDR is shook when anyone mentions Cyborg. She wants the Bisping treatment but she's not worthy of picking and choosing who she fights.

I'm gonna break this down she was scared. Cyborg is ruthless and sh can't handle constant pressure that and sh got rocked three times by holly and that's no knock to holly because all through holly's career boxing or mma has shown when she puts weight behind her strikes she's a pretty hard hitter with decent to good power, however she has the style to get hit less and outwork her opponents unless she knows she's gonna clearly out class them ala ronda she was beating the shit out of ronda and she planted her feet way more than she has in mma even then she still used a lot of movement. Cyborg is a extreme hitter tho and it's a different ball game imo she would stand right in front of gdr and throw bombs at her face. lol
I think of Cyborg as more of a volume striker than a power puncher. She hit Smith flush with about 6 fists and a kick in a space of a second and dropped her but she wasn't out. Cyborg's game is to overwhelm, not necessarily put the lights out. A technical striker who is strong in the clinch like Holly could give her problems for a while. I'd also still like to see her fight Dandois who is a good submission grappler.

It's really bizarre to me.

I only would have given her a ten percent chance of winning ( I give every fighter a 10% chance just by stepping into the octagon ).

She's a fighter. But, won't fight to defend her belt. And instead threw her belt away. Along with the biggest payday of her career ???

Defend the belt...

If it's a fear thing. Hit the deck after the first decent head shot from Cyborg. If it really is the PEDs thing, though.

Why cut off your own nose to spite your face ?

Spend every single second leading up to the fight. Engaged with the media, and condemning Cyborg for her past transgressions. Make it obvious that you believe she is not clean right now. Whatever the fuck.

But, get paid FOR FUCK SAKES.

I honestly do not get it.

But, I'd rather see Megan fight Cyborg, anyway.

GDR has some good punches. She could have beat Cyborg by KO'ing her after the bell like against Holly.

because she has her card stacked against a known cheat. Flip the script a bit, why the UFC promoting cyborg so hard despite being busted less than a year ago? She was being promoted and busted at the same time FFS

UFC seems extremely accommodating for cheaters.

GDR legit ducked out of fear. Which is laughable. The minute she won the title and they bring up Cyborg what did GDR say? OH I HAVE THIS HAND INJURY. It was an excuse right out the gates. Hilarious. Now instead of pivoting to challenging Nunes to a super fight at 135, or catchweight. She doesn't do that either because like Cyborg she doesn't want any part of Nunes either! So if all she wants is hand picked opponents. She's gonna get what she's gonna get.

because she has her card stacked against a known cheat. Flip the script a bit, why the UFC promoting cyborg so hard despite being busted less than a year ago? She was being promoted and busted at the same time FFS

UFC seems extremely accommodating for cheaters.
Cyborg got cleared by USADA and got a retroactive exemption for spirorolactone use in December '16. GBR was just flat out ducking Cyborg and thought that she could pressure UFC by muckracking to attract bad publicity whenever Cyborg is mentioned.

True but why would she fight for the title knowing that she would have to fight Cyborg later?
GDR probably thought that she could cross that bridge later and pick up the title now when she has the chance.

Cause she likes her face attached to her skull instead of being a puddle on the floor?

If she's doing what she's saying which is basically holding the moral ground and not giving it's just gonna turn shitty for her and it's kinda sad.

Doesn't being the Champ mean something? Like come take this belt you sack tucking cyborg hopped up on your HGH, I'm the Queen of this parade.

Nah I'm just gonna go down a weight and give up my belt without even an argument, because cyborg is a cheater? Get outta here

The same reason none of us wanna fight Cyborg. We don't wanna get beat down on live television to be witnessed and possibly DVR'd by our closest friends and family.

Didn't want to fight a known steroid user.

Sounds like GDR is just standing up for what is right.

Seems steroid users are rewarded in the UFC rather than punished.

If anything the fans should support GDR about this unless they actually fans of fighters who use steroids.

Back