Why did Frank Mir tap like that? Alternatives..

Lifeform

Donk Donkerson
Banned
Reaction score
It was a super bad look - he was trapped standing up like that but he could have slumped down if he wanted to and at least get stopped on the ground by shelling up.

javy-ayala-frank-mir-bellator-212.jpg

Tapping in the standing position like that was a TERRIBLE look - his daughter looked mortified. He also did nothing even though he had side control for around 1.30!

I would have done anything else apart from tap standing - surely he could have found a better way to get out there.

It was a super bad look - he was trapped standing up like that but he could have slumped down if he wanted to and at least get stopped on the ground by shelling up.

Tapping in the standing position like that was a TERRIBLE look - his daughter looked mortified. He also did nothing even though he had side control for around 1.30!

I would have done anything else apart from tap standing - surely he could have found a better way to get out there.
You sit on your horse and judge a man for something you would never do... Which is get punched in the face...Instead you hide behind your screen a bash a man for putting all on the line....

I'm so happy you kids can sit there and point your fingers.... Good for you...

He's old and has taken quite a lot of damage in the last few years. He has other income streams than fighting due to commentary roles and so on, and had his daughter in attendance.

He might just not have the same 'fight' left in him because frankly he doesn't need to. His days in this game are coming to an end and I think it's much healthier to recognise it and call it a day in the fight than to fall down and let himself be beaten senseless just for the blind bravado of not quitting

He could have slumped down like Lesnar after he got kicked in the stomach by Ubereem and covered up from there - that's what i would have done.

He could have slumped down like Lesnar after he got kicked in the stomach by Ubereem and covered up from there - that's what i would have done.
Well...then why don't you show up at an mma gym next to you and show them guys how its done...since you know what to do in those positions...

He lost his mouth piece and was getting punched in the face. No good was going to come of that.

He had an alveolar ridge fracture and injuries to teeth/gums/jaws tend to hurt like hell. I don't blame him.

Frank used to hide his quitting much better..

Well first of all the guy has been doing this for around 2 decades . He's dealt his share of punishment as well as taken his share. If he feels hes in a position to tap while standing I'd say he knows better than any of us fuck boys on here

OK, I can understand Frank's issue now. If he lost his guard and got a shockwave of immediate pain through his mouth and had an instant reaction then it's human nature to try and cease the situation. I guess he has some kind of oral fracture now, not good. Kinda makes you understand why Bisping told Herb his mouthpiece came out in the Silva fight and what a prick Anderson is to take a cheap shot on him for it.

I don't like to talk bad about the athletes. But Frank looks like he didn't even train for this fight. If this is how he's going to come out and perform I think he should call it a day. And heck you're talking to the guy who didn't think Ken Shamrock should retire if he didn't want to. If you're not going to show up in shape you shouldn't be in there. And on the other hand you have a guy like Roy Nelson at least he shows extraordinary fighting spirit. If you don't have one of those you need to call it a day.

I don't like to talk bad about the athletes. But Frank looks like he didn't even train for this fight. If this is how he's going to come out and perform I think he should call it a day. And heck you're talking to the guy who didn't think Ken Shamrock should retire if he didn't want to. If you're not going to show up in shape you shouldn't be in there. And on the other hand you have a guy like Roy Nelson at least he shows extraordinary fighting spirit. If you don't have one of those you need to call it a day.

I think it's money man I remember Frank saying a while back he never had a backup plan to this and this is why he's still in the game, to pay bills. Not a fan of how Frank stays sour after a loss but to be fair he's an intelligent guy and well spoken so maybe it's time he should start looking for a career in announcing or something because these young, average at best guys like Ayala are just going to make a name off him but it's harder for these vets to know when to call it a day then we think sometimes.

Frank fractured a bone in his mouth because he got hit dead in the mouth by a 265lb man with no mouthguard in.

He thought it was tooth damage,tried to pull the teeth out,realized it was a much worse injury,and then tapped.

Anyone calling Frank out for the tap is plain and simple an idiot who knows nothing about actual fighting......fucking ridiculous.

Back