Why DC Has a Fantastic Chance to Win.

YOLOGOGOPLATA

4x Champ Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I see a lot of people on here saying that DC has no chance against Stipe, and many people have mentioned the size advantage that Stipe has (especially reach). Stipe is 6'4/240ish with an 80" reach. What is being ignored though, is that Cormier has fought and beaten an opponent with similar measurements before.
Bigfoot Silva is 6'4 and weighed in at 264lbs when he fought DC in the Strikeforce HW Grand Prix. He has an 80" reach, just like Stipe. I know Bigfoot gets a lot of shit on here for how terribly he has fought recently, but he was 16-2 and just coming off a huge win over Fedor when he got matched up with a fairly green DC who was a freaking alternate for the GP - And DC whooped his ass before viciously KO'ing Silva. Now, Stipe is a better fighter than Bigfoot, but DC has also vastly improved his stand up in the years since then.

DC is definitely the underdog, but he is the toughest opponent Stipe has ever fought, while DC has fought Jones twice, who IMO is the tougher fight than Stipe. I know this isn't the perfect comparison, but If DC could destroy Bigfoot Silva at his best, why can't he beat Stipe? I think DC has a great chance to pull this off, and once again prove how underrated he is. What kind of strategy do you all think both fighters will use?

LETS START GETTING EXCITED FOR THIS CARD!

Last edited:
he's going to get KO'd

Cormier wasn’t 40 when he beat opponents with similar measurements. Mitt Romney was a presidential candidate at the time.
DC is a better fighter than he was back then. Age is the only thing that has changed for the worse, and it's just a number. Stipe is no spring chicken, neither was Werdum or Overeem.

Cormiers uppercuts are going to be problematic

This is a great fight and the more I think about it, the less clear I get over who will win. I've Swung back and forth between thinking DC will have zero chance to the fight being pretty much even odds.
I can't imagine DC could ever be considered a straight out clear favourite though. I have Stipe winning by KO, or DC by a razor close decision. If its a decision, my round scoring guess is Stipe 1,2 and DC 3,4,5.
Key questions that I need answered:
  • Can stipe counter or negate DCs wrestling? Can he stop the TD and break the wall clinch?
  • Can DC rush through Stipes range without wearing too many shots?
  • Has DCs chin cracked from the JJ KO and his age?
  • Will Stipe gas???
On Ariel's show, DC said he was currently 245ish and would be in the 230's come fight night. Stipe said he'll be around 245. So weight wise, hardly any disparity.

if only dc chin can take it thats the only problem

Cormiers uppercuts are going to be problematic
Stipe has gotta know two things and I'll be shocked if he isnt ready for them:
  • Big overhand as DC rushes forward.
  • Uppercuts in the clinch .
Question is, can he avoid them

DC is a better fighter than he was back then. Age is the only thing that has changed for the worse, and it's just a number. Stipe is no spring chicken, neither was Werdum or Overeem.
Stipe is 35, and started competing late, has little mileage on him. DC just debuted as a LHW when he was that age, and was an international wrestler 15 years before that.

What are you trying to say about Werdum and Overeem? They were older, like DC, and Stipe absolutely crushed them in the 1st...?

Stipe has gotta know two things and I'll be shocked if he isnt ready for them:
  • Big overhand as DC rushes forward.
  • Uppercuts in the clinch .
Question is, can he avoid them
Miocic *should* be able to win and avoid massive damage

But i am almost certain DC will land a few good ones early. Dont think he will dominate the wrestling over Stipe

I got Miocic by late tko

Stipe is 35, and started competing late, has little mileage on him. DC just debuted as a LHW when he was that age, and was an international wrestler 15 years before that.

What are you trying to say about Werdum and Overeem? They were older, like DC, and Stipe absolutely crushed them in the 1st...?
Werdum was champ at like 38 or 39, I suppose Overeem is a poor example, but he did drop Stipe if I remember correctly. DC is a much smarter fighter than both of them, I can't imagine he would run after Stipe with his chin up like Werdum. Wrestling doesn't take quite the toll on your body (and certainly not your chin) that MMA does. I just meant that it isn't rare for HW's to be fighting their best at 38+. I'm also acknowledging that DC is the underdog, but I feel he has been disrespected by most on the boards... he definitely has a chance to win this one IMO

LETS START GETTING EXCITED FOR THIS CARD!

2b697df80f3f661fd86613b2d7eafa4b.gif

and none of those guys are nearly as good as stipe

theyre gatekeeper heavies aside from barnett whos always had mediocre wrestling defense.

comparing big foot to stipe is like comparing cody mckenzie to conor mcgregor

there such a huge ass mother fking difference between Stipes and Big Foots boxing.

I don't think Stipe has a chance against DC. I may be the only one in here that thinks that, but I just don't see him having much of a problem with Stipe. Stipe isn't a big leg thrower, which defintely favors DC, he won't be leaning to the right, blocking and ducking and worrying about a leg kick coming across instead like Jones did to him

I see DC winning decision. I see Holloway winning against Ortega, I think it's just a bit too soon for Ortega. He hasn't fought anyone like Max in the UFC, he's been catching little guys. I didn't think Frankie had a chance against him because of his size difference, it looked like the Cowboy vs Till difference... It's just hard to win against someone young like that, when you're in your late 30s like Frankie is. I see Ortega winning the belt though at some point in the near future.

comparing big foot to stipe is like comparing cody mckenzie to conor mcgregor

there such a huge ass mother fking difference between Stipes and Big Foots boxing.
I said in my post that Bigfoot is no Stipe, but Bigfoot was definitely an above average fighter when they fought. He had beaten Arlovski and Fedor in 2 of his 3 fights before he fought DC. The point is that DC has fought guys that are the size of Stipe before, and while Stipe will definitely be tougher than Bigfoot, DC can draw on experience to help him in this fight. 8 rounds with jones don't hurt either. I'd just like to give him a little more love than he's been getting leading up to this match.

Back