Why Conor vs. Mayweather is a mismatch in Conor's favor

Come on MODS......this guy has been here 3 days (THREE F#@$%KING DAYS) and this is like his 20th moronic troll thread. Enough is Enough.

What's Up With That?????????
His post isn't moronic. It's well thought out and cited. Wether he's right or not remains to be seen. You are the troll here ironically.

Compare nate diaz and Mayweather, then judge each of their boxing between them and connor./thread

Nate is puch drunk!!and he beat the shit outta conner.

Good for Floyd that he is not going to fight an actual top level boxer then.

Compare nate diaz and Mayweather, then judge each of their boxing between them and connor./thread

Nate is puch drunk!!and he beat the shit outta conner.
Not running a MMA math equation but this pretty much sums everything up going on here. If Nate completely damaged Connor with leverage punches at a slow rate just imagine what the quickness of Floyd will do to Connor inside of three rounds… The devastation the blood and the knockout by the fourth.

Because he can't, & Freddie Roach can. You guys need to talk to some old timers that were into boxing. Ask em what they think of Conors head movement, footwork, and basically every facet, other than the counter left.

He also said GSP was a good boxer...

Finally somebody thats KNOWS boxing, instead of these part-time UPS dweeb workin motherfuckers. TS should be awarded a god damn prize for this contribution to boxing.

Less than a week on here and you already have 5 stupid threads about Conor vs Floyd.

I've noticed discussing Conors chances the last couple of days that many sherdoggers are very ignorant about the reality of aging boxers, especially ones coming out of a retirement.

I hate to say it, but Floyd Mayweather Jr. is punch-drunk. Before you hate on me for saying that, do a search and you will find many making that observation in 2015. And these aren't haters, they are generally people saying "you know, Floyd hasn't taken much punishment, but does it seem to you he is punch-drunk"? People who know Floyd has commented that although he is crafty defensively in the ring, he spars very hard.

It is highly suspected that there is a strong genetic link regarding CTE, and here Floyd is unlucky also. Floyd Sr. is clearly punch-drunk, and Roger Mayweather, his uncle, Floyd says in his 50's seems like he is in his 80's, wandering around lost. Floyd retired because of this reason alone.

So you have an old, inactive for 2 years, outsized, punch-drunk Floyd Jr. coming back to face an absolute killer in his prime. Even odds makers have Conor with a 15% chance to win, so those here who talk about Conor vs. Mayweather being a joke should put some money down then on Floyd and make a tidy profit.

Most seem swayed by Floyd's perceived lack of abuse sustained in the ring, but if you look objectively at his interviews, his speech patterns have changed. It is also telling that he had some trouble coming back after his first retirement, making weight, and a couple of majority (not unanimous) decisions. I don't think the 49-0 record is relevant anymore.

I hate to say this also, but my favorite fighter, Cro cop, I noticed some signs of possible CTE in his interviews before he moved from Pride to the UFC. Guys with CTE, their reflexes are shot, their reaction times greatly diminished, and it can happen quickly. I didn't even noticed CC, Eddie Sanchez was landing on him, and just a year prior Cro Cop was dodging every punch thrown at him. The brain is flexible, and some guys do recover and I think CC did go on to sort it out and have a late career resurgence.

Floyd will be almost 41 years old by the time he fights Conor, almost 3 years removed from his last fight. It is rare for a boxer to maintain his chin, his cardio, his strength, his reflexes, into his mid 40's. And as mentioned before, Floyd's dad and uncle show signs at early ages of CTE, and there is a strong genetic link. What's worse is that Floyd's defensive style relies heavily on quick reflexes, he is not a power puncher type of fighter that typically can rely on a short fight.

This is not a troll thread. We saw what happened to Anderson as he aged, his dodging defense gone, getting KO'd by Weidman and knocked down by Pissbing. This is my honest opinion, no offense intended towards Floyd, and I am sure if someone bothers to look objectively at it they will see where I am coming from. Those sherdoggers who have been polluting the forums with idiocracy, saying Conor has zero chance and calling anybody a troll to question that, they are doomed for a humiliating spanking at the hands of father time, just like Floyd will receive. Fighters think they have one more good fight left, coming back from retirement a 2nd time never bodes well.

People questioning if Floyd has CTE: https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comments/3h1vhp/does_anyone_else_think_that_floyd_seems_slightly/

Floyd discussing his relatives with CTE: http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/8/1...iorating-health-has-influenced-my-decision-to

Genetic Link being studied: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...71ee10e9bc3_story.html?utm_term=.b373bb5d0f83

""
I can’t decide if his speech is slower in this video or if I’m just looking for it? He’s very slow and deliberate in what he’s saying, at least at the start, it doesn’t sound natural.

Posted by Dave_Smith on Aug 14, 2015 | 11:39 AM
Agreed. In the past he’s talked so fast I’ve had trouble following. Now it’s the opposite.

Posted by Into the Void on Aug 14, 2015 | 1:53 PM
He definitely seems way more slow and deliberate in the way he talks, I’ve noticed it for awhile now, hopefully I’m just exaggerating it though.""

Lol

I've noticed discussing Conors chances the last couple of days that many sherdoggers are very ignorant about the reality of aging boxers, especially ones coming out of a retirement.

I hate to say it, but Floyd Mayweather Jr. is punch-drunk. Before you hate on me for saying that, do a search and you will find many making that observation in 2015. And these aren't haters, they are generally people saying "you know, Floyd hasn't taken much punishment, but does it seem to you he is punch-drunk"? People who know Floyd has commented that although he is crafty defensively in the ring, he spars very hard.

It is highly suspected that there is a strong genetic link regarding CTE, and here Floyd is unlucky also. Floyd Sr. is clearly punch-drunk, and Roger Mayweather, his uncle, Floyd says in his 50's seems like he is in his 80's, wandering around lost. Floyd retired because of this reason alone.

So you have an old, inactive for 2 years, outsized, punch-drunk Floyd Jr. coming back to face an absolute killer in his prime. Even odds makers have Conor with a 15% chance to win, so those here who talk about Conor vs. Mayweather being a joke should put some money down then on Floyd and make a tidy profit.

Most seem swayed by Floyd's perceived lack of abuse sustained in the ring, but if you look objectively at his interviews, his speech patterns have changed. It is also telling that he had some trouble coming back after his first retirement, making weight, and a couple of majority (not unanimous) decisions. I don't think the 49-0 record is relevant anymore.

I hate to say this also, but my favorite fighter, Cro cop, I noticed some signs of possible CTE in his interviews before he moved from Pride to the UFC. Guys with CTE, their reflexes are shot, their reaction times greatly diminished, and it can happen quickly. I didn't even noticed CC, Eddie Sanchez was landing on him, and just a year prior Cro Cop was dodging every punch thrown at him. The brain is flexible, and some guys do recover and I think CC did go on to sort it out and have a late career resurgence.

Floyd will be almost 41 years old by the time he fights Conor, almost 3 years removed from his last fight. It is rare for a boxer to maintain his chin, his cardio, his strength, his reflexes, into his mid 40's. And as mentioned before, Floyd's dad and uncle show signs at early ages of CTE, and there is a strong genetic link. What's worse is that Floyd's defensive style relies heavily on quick reflexes, he is not a power puncher type of fighter that typically can rely on a short fight.

This is not a troll thread. We saw what happened to Anderson as he aged, his dodging defense gone, getting KO'd by Weidman and knocked down by Pissbing. This is my honest opinion, no offense intended towards Floyd, and I am sure if someone bothers to look objectively at it they will see where I am coming from. Those sherdoggers who have been polluting the forums with idiocracy, saying Conor has zero chance and calling anybody a troll to question that, they are doomed for a humiliating spanking at the hands of father time, just like Floyd will receive. Fighters think they have one more good fight left, coming back from retirement a 2nd time never bodes well.

People questioning if Floyd has CTE: https://www.reddit.com/r/Boxing/comments/3h1vhp/does_anyone_else_think_that_floyd_seems_slightly/

Floyd discussing his relatives with CTE: http://www.badlefthook.com/2015/8/1...iorating-health-has-influenced-my-decision-to

Genetic Link being studied: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...71ee10e9bc3_story.html?utm_term=.b373bb5d0f83

""
I can’t decide if his speech is slower in this video or if I’m just looking for it? He’s very slow and deliberate in what he’s saying, at least at the start, it doesn’t sound natural.

Agreed. In the past he’s talked so fast I’ve had trouble following. Now it’s the opposite.

He definitely seems way more slow and deliberate in the way he talks, I’ve noticed it for awhile now, hopefully I’m just exaggerating it though.""
Even if he has declined since his prime he is still world class and would have a easy fight with Conor.

Ok generaly it is "rare for a boxer to maintain his chin, his cardio, his strength, his reflexes, into his mid 40's", I agree with you, but Floyd has taken exceptionally little punishment during his professional career, even though he been in there with harder and faster punchers then Conor.
He is a defensive genius when it comes to boxing so just wait and see

Last edited:
Has he been in the gym in two years? Speed is always the first thing to go, but Floyd at 1/2 speed should still have the angles and footwork to beat McGregor.

I'm truely wondering if Conor gets Freddie Roach to coach him, or does he stick with Kavanagh?
And Conor would still need much more skills and experience to compete at the highest level in boxing, considering his age it is basically IMPOSSIBLE.

Floyd has given the best young boxers in the world fits like hell, and now some people want to count him down against an amateur boxer.

Every mayweather fight is the same.

Idiots like ts convince the sheeple that his opponent has a chance.

Then when Floyd outpoints them, they cry and use every excuse in the book

"He ran"
"Floyd bought the judges"
"He won but he should have fought *blank* instead anyway"

It is hilarious. Nobody not even conor has created more delusional butthurt haters

I agree 100% TS. Great analysis.

giphy.gif
Are you ever not online?

""

Nate hates Mcgoat but even gave him a chance in the first 3rds.

I would love Mcgoat to end Floyd.

I don't believe Conor has zero chance. It's a fight. Conor has KO power. His chances are very slim, but he still has one.

Here's how I think it could play out:

Floyd will clown Conor. He'll punch him from all angles, dodge his punches and make him look like the amateur he is. Then he'll clown him some more and then some more.

Then Conor, if he still can hold up, might eventually get an opening. If he takes advantage of it and he lands hard on the right spot, he could do it. If he doesn't, then he loses in embarrassing fashion. That's it.

The only way I would say a fighter has zero chance is if none of his weapons could win him the fight. IMO Conor has enough power to KO Floyd thus he has a chance.

Also one key factor I could see in favor of Conor: Knowing this will be the easiest fight of his professional career, Floyd might get overconfident and make mistakes he usually doesn't make.

TS you should quit your day job and become an honorary neurologist . I'm sure Harvard Medical school would welcome you as guest lecturer since you seem so adept at sporting CTE in athletes .

Back