Why Conor Should not be Supported

I don't think it's black and white. I've been as big a fan of him as anyone on this forum, but I definitely don't support what he did with the attack on the bus. I also don't support some of his other antics like hopping the cage and shoving a ref. Not okay. And yes, he should pay. He should publicly apologize to anyone who was hurt. Pay each person injured some amount of money. And do some significant community service.

But that doesn't mean that he is Hitler and should be banished forever. The fact is that he is a complex human being who has also done some very good things outside the cage as well. He has donated large sums of money and his time to charity. He has gone out of his way to be good to multiple fans who have cancer and significant disabilities.

None of that makes the thing he did in New York okay or should give him a pass. He should definitely pay both in time and money and genuine humility. At the same time that doesn't mean that the sum total of Conor McGregor is a hand truck going through a window.
Very good post

I mean, just the fact that he injured Borg who is in such a dire situation is repulsive. I can't believe anyone will stand for that guy after that shit.
For me the issue isn’t that he injured Borg, who is in a dire situation. What he did was idiotic because he could have hit/injured anyone. It was a stupid, pointless, dangerous thing to do.

Is @ocfightfan said, there’s more to Conor than just this. I condemn these actions 100%, fan of Conor’s or not.

He's drawing more attention to the fights and helping sell the fights, any publicity is good publicity. Something that the fighters need to learn and understand if they are looking to promote themselves as a brand. Conor is doing all the publicity for them, which in turn, is bringing more eyeballs to his fight cards. The UFC doesn't promote most of their fighters, they promote the 3 letters U-F-C first, and then the fighters come second. He does a ton of antics in between fights, that could get himself in deep water, but all that is making more people watch his fights, so everybody on the same card gets a pay raise too. We need more conor mcregors.
The last thing we need is more guys acting like this,but its gonna happen.

Conor is getting everybody on his fight card PAID more than they've ever been paid before for a fight, he's changing the game on how fighters should be paid, if you hate his actics, then you support fighters being poor and broke after they retire.

This is one of the dumbest fucking posts I've ever seen on this website.

This is an entertainment business, but this is not a movie, there are real people and lives involved.

Conor's antics were not only illegal, but he injured innocent people. Among them, he injured Ray Borg, who has a newborn son who is struggling to survive after brain surgery. His eye was cut by glass and he could not fight. He is not a wealthy fighter, either.

He injured the hand of some UFC worker, who had absolutely nothing to do with this mess. Not to mention that to assault a fighter and his crowd when they're in the middle of a weight cut, the day before fighting is, well, plain cowardly.

Some might say that all of these people will sue Conor and make millions. But things are not as simple. Litigations take time and resources, particularly against someone with as much money as McGregor. It could take years.

If Conor had a morsel of dignity and honor, he would stop trying to emulate a mobster, and pay the people he injured promptly a fair compensation, without the need for arduous trials. But that won't happen.

I honestly agree.

Also boring point fighters that only play super safe shouldnt be supported either.

This is an entertainment business, but this is not a movie, there are real people and lives involved.

Conor's antics were not only illegal, but he injured innocent people. Among them, he injured Ray Borg, who has a newborn son who is struggling to survive after brain surgery. His eye was cut by glass and he could not fight. He is not a wealthy fighter, either.

He injured the hand of some UFC worker, who had absolutely nothing to do with this mess. Not to mention that to assault a fighter and his crowd when they're in the middle of a weight cut, the day before fighting is, well, plain cowardly.

Some might say that all of these people will sue Conor and make millions. But things are not as simple. Litigations take time and resources, particularly against someone with as much money as McGregor. It could take years.

If Conor had a morsel of dignity and honor, he would stop trying to emulate a mobster, and pay the people he injured promptly a fair compensation, without the need for arduous trials. But that won't happen.

WTF is this? Did I stumble onto Tumblr by accident?

Sherdog Justice Warriors are a thing now I guess.

You're just missing the vagina hat.

If you had any morsel of dignity and honor, you would pay me for having to read this BS.

9QXXyB.gif

WTF is this? Did I stumble onto Tumblr by accident?

Sherdog Justice Warriors are a thing now I guess.

You're just missing the vagina hat.

It's one thing to be a "social justice warrior" and another to be completely indifferent to other people. What are you, twelve?

Last edited:
lol at adding the ray borg son story to make conor seem way worse than he is, first of all you're a dishonest buffoon using that story like that because of your hatred for Conor, it came out way after it happened also he has already been punished with fines and he apologized now stop being a moron.

Yeah lol, right? Did you really "laugh out loud"?

Never supported his fraud fighting ass, so I'm good he can keep fighting on twitter and leave real fighting to fighters...

It's one thing to be a "social justice warrior" and another to be completely indifferent to other people. What are you, twelve?

You took the time to make a post to convince everyone that they're wrong to support a particular fighter because of shitty things they've done and said. You're looking to try and make a difference in the hopes that people stop supporting this bad, bad man. That's the exact opposite of "indifferent" and falls neatly into the category of SJW. Now show me on the doll where Conor touched you.

You took the time to make a post to convince everyone that they're wrong to support a particular fighter because of shitty things they've done and said. You're looking to try and make a difference in the hopes that people stop supporting this bad, bad man. That's the exact opposite of "indifferent" and falls neatly into the category of SJW. Now show me on the doll where Conor touched you.

Are you stupid, or just drunk?

My point was precisely that not being indifferent is not the same as "being a social justice warrior". Think.

Are you stupid, or just drunk?

My point was precisely that not being indifferent is not the same as "being a social justice warrior".

The fact that you think anyone gives a fuck, or should, is sad enough. At least SJWs try to take on issues that actually effect people.

I'm going to support him because what he earns... i earn too...

#yousoundpoor

I'm replying based solely on your Thread title.

Conor is literally the most entertaining thing about the UFC "product".
Conor is the most actual fun thing for me when I watch anything the UFC produces that isn't the actual fighting itself.
I've been watching all brands of MMA since the sport was televised.
I don't care two shits in a can about any athletes personal life from any sport. They mean nothing to me and my life.
I only EVER watch Conor run his schtick because it's entertaining. If you consider me, watching a lunatic Irishman, live his life like a bad guy in JCVD movie as my home entertainment supporting him. Well, TS Fuck you and your goofy pitition.
I'm here to support Conor McGregor.

I'm replying based solely on your Thread title.

Conor is literally the most entertaining thing about the UFC "product".
Conor is the most actual fun thing for me when I watch anything the UFC produces that isn't the actual fighting itself.
I've been watching all brands of MMA since the sport was televised.
I don't care two shits in a can about any athletes personal life from any sport. They mean nothing to me and my life.
I only EVER watch Conor run his schtick because it's entertaining. If you consider me, watching a lunatic Irishman, live his life like a bad guy in JCVD movie as my home entertainment supporting him. Well, TS Fuck you and your goofy pitition.
I'm here to support Conor McGregor.
*Edit
Just read your post.
Don't be a pussy. Americans are so quick to want compensation for anything and everything.

Edit* wtf just happened to my post? Why did it turn into a second post from the edit screen?

*Edit
Just read your post.
Don't be a pussy. Americans are so quick to want compensation for anything and everything.

Edit* wtf just happened to my post? Why did it turn into a second post from the edit screen?

I'm not american. And you are a moron.

Back