Why Conor didn't do his usual bouncy s---?

Because when you're bouncing on your toes you are easier to knock off balance and take down, so he took a lower and more flat footed stance to be ready for the single leg shot. In hindsight you could say Conor didn't fight to win, he fought not to lose, which are two very different things.

Surviving on the bottom grappling with Khabib is not winning you the fight, its a stalemate at best but his cardio was being tested already by round 2 while Khabib didn't even sit between rounds. He prepared too much for Khabib's game rather than just trying to maximize his own chances of winning in the first round or two. I think maybe he got insulted by all the fans and analysts implying alll he had was a puncher's chance to win, maybe he took that personally because that implies he's not the better fighter, even though that's pretty much the case in this matchup.

Guessing a combination of not being as light on his feet any more and intentional TD defence

Being caught off balance with your center of gravity 3' above the mat is a great way to get taken down.

The. Threat. Of. A. Takedown.

Bingo, Can't believe it took more than 2 posts to get to this. I assumed the first would be a gif of him getting rocked and your accurate assessment would be the second.

Apparently I have to much faith in my fellow Sherdoggers, lol.

Interesting observation.

Who else in the LW division would make Conor not do his bouncy shit?

Kevin Lee? Tony?
Kevin Lee would make Conor’s head do the bouncy stuff against the mat, repeatedly.

Who knows about Tony, he’s a destroyer but as we saw again with Pettis, he got clocked hard and that could be the end against McGregor. Then again, Tony might record instantly, slice Conor up with elbows and sink in a sub.

<13>

His bouncy shit doesn't work on normal sized human beings. He tried it on Nate who's tree times his size and it didn't work, so he was too shook to use it on Khabib who's a WW/MW.

do YOU want to bounce against a guy who wants to take you the fuck down? you want as strong a base as possible.

He did not look himself. Definitely wasn't 100%. You could've argued it was just how he was approaching the fight, but everything else looked off as well - so that is debunked. When you're making Khabib look like Floyd Mayweather, you know something isn't right.
Lol...Conor spend most of the time in the gym practicing to defend the takedown...That's why at the start, he was fresh and was able to somehow defend it a bit...but we also know, Khabib is relentless in his pursuit of the TD...Conor only looked rusty because Khabib made him look rusty...he was too conscious about the takedown he didn't see that punch coming....
2jz0i0.gif

giphy.webp

giphy.gif

His head was very bouncy off the canvas in the second round doh.

In virtually all McGregor fights he has that bouncy in and out karate style but with Khabib he was just plodding forward with none of that bouncy stuff, even in the third set where they were striking he was just plodding forward. Where was this shyt?

nZBLV7.gif

UZA6.gif

ImperfectForcefulHoki-size_restricted.gif

Why not post the gif of his bouncy footwork vs the only other legit wrestler he has fought?

Oh wait.

Yeah being narrow footed, tall center mass and disregarding the takedown threat sure makes for a good defense. Get real

Not even 2 weeks and already with a yellow card.

You're a footnote of a paragraph on a page of a book called "When MMA Knowledge and Sherdog Join Date Match."

Conor was hungover too much partying living the high life.

He just gets a little bit floaty and a little bit wobbly.

Not even 2 weeks and already with a yellow card.

You're a footnote of a paragraph on a page of a book called "When MMA Knowledge and Sherdog Join Date Match."
Haha must be humbling to have to nitpick about join date and yellow rather than the content of a post. Keep pretending. By the way, I got yellowed for calling a bitch a bitch on here. You still there, pu$$y?

As for mma knowledge...this part is fun. I can upload my mma fights. Meanwhile you can’t even accurately describe a stance, so I doubt you’ve done anything more than lifting groceries when your mom screams at you to get your lunchables.

Haha must be humbling to have to nitpick about join date and yellow rather than the content of a post. Keep pretending. By the way, I got yellowed for calling a bitch a bitch on here. You still there, pu$$y?

As for mma knowledge...this part is fun. I can upload my mma fights. Meanwhile you can’t even accurately describe a stance, so I doubt you’ve done anything more than lifting groceries when your mom screams at you to get your lunchables.

Lol ok bro.

Conor bounces forward->feeds his front leg to Khabib

Conor bounces back->momentum and balance moving backwards, which means an easy double leg.

No one cares about your fights dude. You're not the only one that trains. I'm a grappler first and foremost, guys moving like Conor moved vs Aldo are easy to take down especially for a judoka, which both Khabib and I are.

Conor wasn't narrow footed like you describe. In fact, his wide stance is great for tdd.
Screenshot_20181017-134120.jpg

Narrow stance? Negative.
Tall center mass? Negative.
Disregarding the takedown? Negative.

Lol ok bro.

Conor bounces forward->feeds his front leg to Khabib

Conor bounces back->momentum and balance moving backwards, which means an easy double leg.

No one cares about your fights dude. You're not the only one that trains. I'm a grappler first and foremost, guys moving like Conor moved vs Aldo are easy to take down especially for a judoka, which both Khabib and I are.

Conor wasn't narrow footed like you describe. In fact, his wide stance is great for tdd.
View attachment 455411

Narrow stance? Negative.
Tall center mass? Negative.
Disregarding the takedown? Negative.
You found a screenshot to prove your point. Did you watch the first 30 seconds of round 1? And what are you talking about. Wide stance makes for quicker movement, which helps against grapplers. You’d know that if you weren’t busy rolling in gi

Cause he learned when boxing it is better to move your feet by stepping than bouncing. It's an improvement in his footwork.

Back