Why can't I upload a gif to be my avatar?

Obama

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Im just wondering, what are the requirements? I have a gif that is 906kb...Not much at all.

It's the Avatar I have right now, except it doesn't move like a gif should.

It's 230 x 197.

So I created a 200 x 200...600 kb...and I still can't.

I'm curious too. I'm a platinum member now and I want to upgrade my av but I can't find the file size requirements.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious too. I'm a platinum member now and I want to upgrade my have but I can't find the file size requirements.
Yeah, don't change your gif..You might lose it forever...unless gifs have become for paid members only, now?

Yeah, don't change your gif..You might lose it forever...unless gifs have become for paid members only, now?

I don't know. I had this avatar before I went platinum today.

I'd like to upgrade it to something longer and a better gif though.

@Tropodan @Obama

So Tach doesn't have to get sidetracked with petty crap, upload here. I'll upload them right back so you needn't worry over thresholds or the like.

This is likely a first for you but... it's too big

Post the gif and ill see what I can do
@Tropodan @Obama

So Tach doesn't have to get sidetracked with petty crap, upload here. I'll upload them right back so you needn't worry over thresholds or the like.
SomberLeanDiscus.gif

Here...I done a shitload of version with smaller size and it doesn't work....Tell me what I did wrong..Thanks

SomberLeanDiscus.gif

Here...I done a shitload of version with smaller size and it doesn't work....Tell me what I did wrong..Thanks
Nice buns, ha. Avi this, mate:

O1.gif

So is that how u fixed it? Just wanna confirm 165x165 and below 1mb? Like what matters, the dimensions or size....or both?

Because I had size of the gif below 1mb before...So I am guessing dimensions matter.
Messaged you.

Has to be 196x196 at 2mb or less

@Tropodan @Obama

giphy.gif

I resized it to 196x196. Still not working...

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that is strange. Perhaps another mod or admin can figure out what the problem is.
I appreciate the help.
<RomeroSalute>
Though this one is a headscratcher. Maybe it's now too compressed? I give up for now.

I just made it even smaller size wise and It's working now. Awesome. @Jackonfire Now that I know the frame size was the issue I can do more with it. Thanks again! (I removed a lot of frames.)

Last edited:
Back