Why campaigns like #metoo are pointless

I always love it when an entitled cisgender white male preaches about movements meant to end oppression and discrimination. Must be nice from up there on your horse looking down on us people of color (POC) and women to tell us that we arent constantly battling microaggressions and gender discrimination. I guess we should just stop our whining, pull up our boot straps and live life the way you and other white men think we should huh? I mean you know better than us what it's like to live our lives.

@Harry Stewart @sambobeer
Domestic violence is a white male social construct that was born as a response to the civil rights movement in an effort to squash POC uprising and empowerment.

well it is a problem apparently, but it's pure virtue signaling

It's like in the military when you get weekend safety briefs, and the CO always reiterates not to do drugs, drink and drive, and beat your wife.

No person in the history of the US Military was ever standing there like 'you know what Sir? I was going to smoke crack until you reminded me not too. Good call, respect!"

But they say it so when some idiot inevitably breaks the rules, they can get the hammer dropped and can't play the 'I didn't know' card

Depends on what your definition of success is in this case. If success is completely ending sexual predation, then #metoo will not succeed. Frankly, nothing will. But if success is outing seriously powerful men that have engaged in this behavior and destroying their careers....it’s already been a smashing success.

To me the BIG problem with the #metoo stuff is the people of Hollywood know that if you suck so-and-so's cock you will get a role in a movie. No it's not right. It's also not illegal if SHE wants to blow him for money and fame and he wants a blow job. That's a mutual agreement and both adults consented to it. Now apparently Weinstein RAPED people and that is far beyond what I am talking about in this post. But I have a hard time saying OMG that producer who got head was completely out of line when it's a 95% superficial line of work, and the girl was trying to get ahead of the competition, in what is pretty much a commodity market.

Basically it's like when Big John used to not take points away when guys put 1 finger down on the ground and tried to bait knees to the head and he would say "you're playing the game". These girls are playing the game. They are a dime a dozen, they are all beautiful, they can all pretend to cry and pretend to be happy, which is 95% of what is asked of female roles. Maybe Hollywood would make more complex female roles instead of blaming guys for women coming on to them.

AND then there is the whole culture of well I remember that one time when this actor hit on me when he was drunk and I didn't feel comfortable. Just STFU. You have no right to comfort and guys are allowed to try to hook up. If they did nothing to force you into anything then you need to just go away with that nonsense.

There is obviously a difference between rape and "playing the game" I'd agree but equally I think you can clearly view "the game" as a negative where control is pretty clearly on one side. As I said previously do we really think that its common for side upstanding producers or casting directors to have women desperately throwing sex at them to get ahead? ironically that's the kind of fantasy Hollywood instead is rather over fond of telling.

A bit issue with the wider politics of the movement though is that feminism isn't is really not very well defined in its politics. I do think this situation is helping with the recent rebirth of the old "anti sex" side of feminism that to me was always a rather dodgy reflection of US/UK puritanism.

Now, that being said, the metoo movement is about one bad tweet away from losing all credibility. It isn't meant to be a shit slinging contest and to publicly call out others.

Men suddenly are being unfairly judged. People's careers and lives ruined for an ass grab 20 years ago.

My issue with the celebrity #metoo crowd is that a lot of them were willing to keep quiet and perpetuate the cycle when they were getting paid millions for film roles, advertisement sponsorship and public appearances. You can't be benefiting from the system and claim victimhood at the same time.

I kinda agree but kinda don't.

Yes, people know it's wrong, but if you promote a message long enough, society starts to be shaped by it.

Just think...

Prior to the mid-2000's it was HAAAARD to find someone who supported gay marriage.

As the media continued to promote it public opinion began to change. Nowadays, a majority of Americans (62%) support gay marriage... Hell, even transgenderism is becoming more expected. Soon, everyone will be repreating "trans women are women".

My point is, if society keeps reinforcing that it's bad, more people will be convinced that it's bad. Of course many bad guys will always be bad guys.

It's a fad, just like all of these other social media flame outs. No different than ice bucket challenges and Harlem Shakes. A serious cause turned into a dog and pony show that people stop taking serious once the new fad comes along.

I nominate @TeTe for the ice bucket challenge

It's becoming a bit of a joke, though I thought it was good in a way in the beginning, I was very wary of it's potential for abuse. Women are very manipulative socially, they can't act out aggression physically so they will try to destroy the persons reputation instead. They do this (destroy peoples reputations) to other women as well, look at how women acted in high school and college to other girls they don't like. Essentially me too is now a way too convenient means to destroy peoples reputations and careers.

Nowadays if:

-She had a sexual experience she regrets having and doesn't want to look like a slut....Me too
-His cock wasn't big enough or he didn't go down on her as much as she wanted.....Me too
-Not enough foreplay....Me too
-He said he'd call her afterwards and didn't....Me too
-He just wanted to bang and didn't want a relationship and she did...Me too
-She's bored with her life and wants attention....Me too
-She just doesn't like or is jealous of the guy...Me too
-Her harpy friends are all crying Metoo....Me too
-She fucked some other guy while she was broken up with her bf, she gets back with her bf and says the guy raped her...Me too
-Her boyfriend and her broke up, and she fucked another guy, her and her bf get back together so she says the other guy raped her....Me too
-She has some agenda to get fame or notoriety (Mcgowen and these old dried up actresses).... Me too
-She's been rejected by a man....Me too

It's turned into a witchhunt, which is wrong. If someone accuses a man, or anyone of this. Then nothing should happen to him or his career. If the accuser wants to go to court they can and the accused can be tried and assumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law like everyone else accused of a crime in a western nation.

It's essentially just de evolved into a means to destroy innocent peoples careers and yes I realize that some of the people are guilty, however it's pretty clear that a lot of these accused are innocent.

Last edited:
People should watch Disclosure with Demi Moore and Michael Douglas. It touched on these issues 25 years ago. When some women have been rejected by a man the woman will do everything in their power to hurt him in any way she can.

Some male feminist actually called the movie anti women in an article I read recently, he should be sterilized.

Back