Why buy dogs instead of adopting?

no fat chicks

Worlds greatest poster
@Silver
Reaction score
All the dogs I have had over the years have been adopted and free. They were all super cute and unique mix breeds.

Why would you waste money and help perpetuate the evils of puppy mills and inbreeding by buying a pure bred?

Because. The master races must thrive and flourish. Hitler dog agrees.
hitler_2744936b.jpg

Because I have an awesome dog and I'm not poor.

All the dogs I have had over the years have been adopted and free. They were all super cute and unique mix breeds.

Why would you waste money and help perpetuate the evils of puppy mills and inbreeding by buying a pure bred?

It costs $200 or more to get a dog from a shelter around here. They have to be spayed or neutered plus the $75 shelter fee, $35 to have the chip information transferred. There aren't usually any puppies in the local shelters. Most dogs are 4 or 5 years old so you might only have them for 8 to 10 years or less.

Many people want a puppy to grow up with their children. Some want a certain breed. I've had 2 dogs as puppies that were born in the owners houses. I've had 2 shelter dogs.

If you have a specific need for a particular breed, say for work or hunting. You don't want just any mongrel if you're looking to use the dog for a specific purpose, especially when there are dogs bred for exactly what you're interested in doing.

I prefer raising my dogs from puppies.
I have kids so I want the best relationship possible.

If you have a specific need for a particular breed, say for work or hunting. You don't want just any mongrel if you're looking to use the dog for a specific purpose, especially when there are dogs bred for exactly what you're interested in doing.
This^

Not everyone wants just any random dog. And not all dogs come from "puppy mills". Don't believe everything you read on the internet.

Totally against pet stores selling puppies. Likely getting their dogs from puppy mills.

I bought one of my cats from a breeder (dumbest think I've even done and will never do again)

My other cat was bought from Petsmart (i know they may come from mills but atleast i save one and they're medicated, and cleaned up)

btw i love the cat from petsmart, the pure breed one is a little shit

Last edited:
I could never bring myself round to tell the dog it was adopted, thats why.

I bought my first puppy from a breeder out of state. I flew him back with me and he's been with me for almost 15 years. He's past his life expectancy but still getting around ok. When his time comes, I will get another dog of the same breed from one of the rescue websites.

I'll do it because rescuing a one will feel like honoring his memory. Fuck I'm starting to tear up...

I bought one of my cats from a breeder (dumbest think I've even done and will never do again)

My other cat was bought from Petsmart (i know they may come from mills but atleast i save one and they're medicated, and cleaned up)

btw i love the cat from petsmart, the pure breed one is a little shit
PetSmart is legit and they're owned by M&M Mars company. I'm pretty sure they don't sell animals but they do have animals for adoption.

PetCo is a filthy puppy mill distribution outlet. Don't go to Petco

Got my dog from a shelter. Was 5 years old when we picked him up. Best motherfucker I've ever known in my life. Get very emotional when I try to think of the reasons why his previous owners got rid of him. He's an incredible dude, so well behaved and smart and fucking loves to have fun.

Same for my cats.

I purchased our puppy from an out of state breeder in October. I always wanted a Boston Terrier. It's not easy finding a Boston Terrier puppy to adopt. We love him and he's brought of a lot of joy. Silliest most affectionate dude ever.

It's not necessarily a bad idea to buy a purebred if you're not experienced with raising dogs.

They have more predictable temperaments and there's a lot more breed-specific information on how to train them, what kind of environment they thrive in, how much activity they prefer, grooming, etc.

There are also hypoallergenic breeds that some people may require.

When rescuing, you can't be 100% sure you're getting a purebred.

Back