Why aren't top pro fights sanctioned with 16 Oz gloves?

. It is an argument against the force theory, since force is ultimately what produces knockouts, all else equal (same part being hit etc)

However, barefisted fighting isn’t at all comparable for a variety of reasons. I’ll let you work out why. =)

However, barefisted fighting isn’t at all comparable for a variety of reasons. I’ll let you work out why. =)

More force is excerted on a target bare fisted because the force is concentrated on a smaller area... Something like that is what a physics major will tell you. The force is spread out more in gloves

You’re arguing that your hand can take greater force without a glove? Forget physics, do you know a biologist?

You’re arguing that your hand can take greater force without a glove? Forget physics, do you know a biologist?

there is more lethal force on a bare knuckle hitting me, than one with gloves on, all else equal. I guess the reason for that is because the knuckle is a harder object travelling against me. It can crack things easier with less force, than something soft with greater force?

I'm getting dissy, I know this isn't a rocket science forum, but amybe one statistical outlier is reading this and can set matters straight.

You clearly have a dog in the "bigger gloves mean less damage" race. Again, you're only acknowledging the parts of the study that confirm what you already believed, and ignoring the parts that don't. When it suits you, you use the study. When it doesn't, you use anecdotes. You didn't come in hear to learn anything, you came in here to have your preconceived notions confirmed.

That's what you should come to expect from this dude's threads.

The thread is not arguing which is better, it is actually getting an explanation for why. If someone actually knew, but they clearly don't

I am guessing it has to do with being easier to KO people with smaller OZ, and that this makes it more entertaingment friendly

You throw slower punches with 16oz gloves on, they are bigger and easier to defend against, they make both parties tire faster, and they offer greater cut protection.

I can't say for sure but I'm guessing the reason fighters use 8-10oz glvoes instead of 16 is that this "sport" is still a fight with rules. Boxing is fighting first, and sport second in my eyes.

A lot of the times I only kind of notice who I’m responding to. Once the tone of his posts started to change then I noticed.

It went from “hey I have a question” to “nuh uh you’re wrong (about the part of the study you quoted) because of this (other part of the exact same study).”

Back