Why aren't more people talking about Kevin Lee supposedly moving up?

not sure what the hold up is, a lot of fighters would benefit from that. lee, khabib, RDA, masvidal, cerrone, till, gastelum... 155 and 170 are deep enough to resist to a split, I believe
Yep that 165 Division could potentially be a monster division, they have so much talent at 155 and 170.

He's a small guy. Will get murked at ww.

Can you imagine Li taking on someone like Darren 'lhw' Till?

Because Kevin and his skid row staph infection got beat down like the thug he is

lmao kevin gets smashed at WW, guys are gonna be too big for him to manhandle and he has no power, he's short, his striking is dogshit, and his chin is weak.

Pretty good fighter but not super popular. The PPV with him vs Ferguson and MM vs Borg did about 150k buys. Turns out you dont become a star by just dressing excentric and being a loud mouth.

Because he can't back up his smack talk? He got completely owned in his last fight. I was actually surprised that there was anyone on Sherdog that thought he had a chance (but hey it's sherdog... there are members here that were convinced that Conor would knock out Mayweather and that "Platinum" Perry would be able to beat Robbie Lawler...).

He needs to beat a couple of top 10 guys and get back into title contention. Then he will be relevant

Because he isn't going to. Loads of fighters talk about being in the wrong weight class when they've suffered a loss, few actually follow through with it and even fewer do so with any level of success.

Kevin Lee is an amazing prospect, super young and has looked phenomenal even against the LWs divisions best. That said, I don't think he has very future are 170lbs, he may want to consider losing some muscle mass if the 155 cut is too hard.

Back