Why Aren't Germans Patriotic?

luckyshot

Nazi Punks Fuck Off
Platinum Member
Reaction score
by Jens Bottiger

Germans ARE patriotic.

In America you show your patriotism by attaching a full sized American flag to your pickup truck (or Confederate flag to show alternative patriotism), singing the anthem before every baseball game, and sending 18 year-olds to Iraq so you can later thank them for their service when they roll by you in their wheelchair at Walmart.

In Germany we show patriotism by voting for higher taxes on ourselves to make healthcare and college tuition universally accessible to our less fortunate fellow citizens and by picking up after one another to keep public spaces clean and nice for everyone.

I guess it gets lost in translation.

Happy Memorial Day, folks. Remember, patriotism doesn't mean loving a piece of cloth.

*not that murica-patriotism is any better

Don't show it by protecting those women, that's for sure.

In Germany we show patriotism by voting for higher taxes on ourselves

<18>

You don't want a patriotic Germany, they have tried to fight the entire World twice.

nowadays germans are whatever you tell them they are.
they are unable to speak for oneself.
they are mainly inspired by political correctness preached on tv.

<18>
cringeoverflow

Sorry, @lecter, yes. Some people's idea of patriotism is supporting a functional society that actually confers a decent basic standard of living on its members.

Not everyone's idea of patriotism is subscribing to a fantasy about a utopian social organization that never has and never will exist.

Don't show it by protecting those women, that's for sure.
350px-Rape_Rate.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape

Are you aware that rape counts even if it is not committed by an Islamic refugee?

Sorry, @lecter, yes. Some people's idea of patriotism is supporting a functional society that actually confers a decent basic standard of living on its members.

Not everyone's idea of patriotism is subscribing to a fantasy about a utopian social organization that never has and never will exist.
But I thought you guys HATE dumb rednecks voting against their own interests?
Those middle class people who vote republicans but then have to pay more taxes?
Now you love Germans who do the same? Or can only upperclass Germans be patriotic in that way and middleclass Germans are dumb if they did the same?

I suppose this means that most Germans aren't patriotic then, considering that they usually vote for candidates that promise the most tax-breaks.

Merkel by European standards is a conservative/right-of-center politician. That's about as right-wing/conservative as you can get over here, without being labelled a Nazi and smeared by the media.

patriotism doesn't mean loving a piece of cloth.
I agree.

TRIGGER WARNING

For me, it's never been about the flag.

Dat Constitution tho.

<{natewhut}>

I took an oath to that shit.

"I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same..."

Still gives me the chills.

But I thought you guys HATE dumb rednecks voting against their own interests?
Those middle class people who vote republicans but then have to pay more taxes?
Now you love Germans who do the same? Or can only upperclass Germans be patriotic in that way and middleclass Germans are dumb if they did the same?
That's what people don't get-- having a functioning society where everyone has access to basic opportunities is in everyone's interest.

Unless you are mega-wealthy, like, millions and millions in the bank, you should be interested in a strong social safety net in case you or your children need it.

There are lots of people in those lovely red states who were enjoying their middle class lifestyle in the 1980's, so they thought, I don't need a social safety net, I'll take my tax cut, thank you very much.

How's that lack of a safety net working out for them and their families now that the economy has moved on, the jobs ain't what they used to be, college is unafforable, and no one is guaranteed even basic health care?

For the first time in the history of industrialized civilization morality rate is actually on the rise in 2016 America, that's how it's working out.

I suppose this means that most Germans aren't patriotic then, considering that they usually vote for candidates that promise the most tax-breaks.

Merkel by European standards is a conservative/right-of-center politician. That's about as right-wing/conservative as you can get over here, without being labelled a Nazi and smeared by the media.

Exactly. Germans WILL vote for tax cuts in 2017.
CDU promises both tax cuts and some reliefs for "the rich".
Social democrats want to "tax the rich" and limit wages of managers + top earners, a stronger social security net etc., and they will lose.

So basically Germans this year will vote for everything you oppose @luckyshot
It even looks like they might target a CDU-FDP coalition and the FDP is considering getting rid of "free" college.

Reality vs Reddit.

350px-Rape_Rate.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rape

Are you aware that rape counts even if it is not committed by an Islamic refugee?

That chart is from 2011, far before the current influx. Additionally, certain groups are more likely than others. What's the USA rate when you count out non-whites, which the USA has a significant proportion more of. It goes down dramatically, like amazingly so. Don't like it, talk to them.

by Jens Bottiger

Germans ARE patriotic.

In America you show your patriotism by attaching a full sized American flag to your pickup truck (or Confederate flag to show alternative patriotism), singing the anthem before every baseball game, and sending 18 year-olds to Iraq so you can later thank them for their service when they roll by you in their wheelchair at Walmart.

In Germany we show patriotism by voting for higher taxes on ourselves to make healthcare and college tuition universally accessible to our less fortunate fellow citizens and by picking up after one another to keep public spaces clean and nice for everyone.

I guess it gets lost in translation.

Happy Memorial Day, folks. Remember, patriotism doesn't mean loving a piece of cloth.

German nationalism has worked out so well in the past....

The irony...

That chart is from 2011, far before the current influx. Additionally, certain groups are more likely than others. What's the USA rate when you count out non-whites, which the USA has a significant proportion more of. It goes down dramatically, like amazingly so. Don't like it, talk to them.

Well unless you have a plan to get rid of all the non white people, then your point is fucking stupid and just race baiting.

My problem is that higher taxes most of the time don't equate to better roads, schools, and healthcare!

Well unless you have a plan to get rid of all the non white people, then your point is fucking stupid and just race baiting.

I would say it is actually a very fair point. Much of America's high levels of crime, has to do with its adopted policy of multi-culturalism. It's not race-baiting, it's reality. We cannot afford to ignore reality.

If America was a homogeneous country like Germany was (prior to its recent exploits), we would likely see a similar low rate of crime in both countries. But as we can see, now that Germany too has adopted multi-culturalism, the levels of crime, particularly on the part of immigrants, are going up. Demographics are responsible for crime and violence, more so than any other factor, including poverty, education and gun control, and such.

If we want to retain a crime-free Europe, then we must maintain it's cultural and ethnic homogeneity. Conflict of culture creates lawlessness, unity builds trust and a sense of purpose, beyond one's own immediate needs.

Last edited:
My problem is that higher taxes most of the time don't equate to better roads, schools, and healthcare!
Why do you hate America? How does Putin's dick taste?

Back