Social Why are western feminists silent about how Islam treats women?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Its two things. They are obtuse to whats going on in the world and because Islam doesnt effect them. It is therefore out of sight out of mind.

2. Islam isnt associated with whiteness. Now I'm nowhere in the ballpark of the thought that all feminists or even most are how sherdoggers stereotype them to be. But the ones who legitimately fit the bill that are clearly raging against whiteness and white men in particular are more often than not ironically white themselves.

And i see something very Freudian there in that behavior. When I've read anything on social media from them that reveals any details about their lives often shows that they had conflicts with their parents especially the father. Often it was over their parent(s) idealogical differences that created a wedge between during their upbringing or a hard fall out that lead them to cut contact.

And as a result these radical white feminists are projecting their own daddy and mommy issues onto
whiteness and white men over the most trivial issues as this is a sense of revenge for them and they get so caught up in this they refrain from focusing on genuine issues to spread equality to women and everyone else for that matter. Islam in particular radical Islam should be a huge concern for any sensible feminist or anyone concerned with human rights for that matter

This is my first and only account on Sherdog. You doubt what? That I could possibly have lived in Muslim countries or that I know/have known countless non-oppressed women?
Oppression is a state of mind to a large extent. When you get acculturated to a certain way of life, especially at an early age, that becomes normality to you, even if most people would see it as abnormal.

How many times does this fucking question need to be answered before we stop making threads about it?

The same reason we are all silent, because we're scared! Simple as that.
Since 9/11 islam has intimidated and bullied the West. We have seen all the violence. We are all well trained by them.
The muslim mindset is primitive, barbaric and violent, and they don't care about dying.

Muslims are quick to anger.
Quick to get violent.
And that violence is often fatal.

We in the West are soft.

I'd love to get a bunch of people together and protest outside of a mosque but i'm not brave enough! Imagine what would happen. A bunch of muslim men would confront us, start abusing us, then attack us.
If it were a bunch of females protesting it would be the same only the abuse would be all about raping them.
Fear is far down the list, but more factors. The genuinely believe these economic immigrants are angelic good-natured people being oppressed and everyone who opposes letting them in and live at the taxpayers expense are nazi bigots. It's the mindset of the mentally ill. They're prepared to ignore all negatives, deaths and rapes as collateral for #diversity and #enrichment. The oppression hierarchy is real.

1 Pathological altruism. Like the millenial cyclists mindset of peace and love, end up killed in something-stan country. Women who are active in the open border, refugee welcome schemes and end up raped by their bearded child-refugee angels.

2 In too deep with the dogmatic mindset. Being wrong is not an option because not only would it be embarrassing, but blood would be on their hands at this point. The stakes are high. So they double down and even attack their own for stepping out of line, including victims. They also have the overwhelming support of Law Enforcement, NGO's and the MSM to reinforce their beliefs and plant them in the first place.

I think when the white guys evolved and stopped raping, beating, and controlling enough, the women knew what they had to do.. At least in their minds.

Oppression is a state of mind to a large extent. When you get acculturated to a certain way of life, especially at an early age, that becomes normality to you, even if most people would see it as abnormal.
True and not only that everyday people find their own methods of resisting oppression in subtle ways and sometimes the culture or social structure has its own, less visible safety valves to reduce it. In many Muslim countries the extended family and the role of the elders(including female elders who often outlive the male ones) are very important which means women tend to have a support network of other women to rely on.

No doubt, as I have said may times myself on this forum, women can be just as much, if not more, complicit in the oppression of other women so this is far, far from a guarantee against oppression. But at times I do think it can serve as a counter-weight to some excesses of male abuse. No doubt though, with perhaps only a few exceptions, women's rights in the Muslim world are far from ideal to say the least.

That said, I think it best for western feminists to generally take a backseat on the issue and leave the heavy lifting to women from within those cultures. Outsiders criticizing a culture can easily be dismissed as colonialist or imperialist and whatnot but women from within it have a stronger position to argue from. Sometimes they even use traditional logic against patriarchal excess, like when women in Afghanistan chastise the men of their society for failing in their duty to protect women or use madrassas as platforms to promote the use of birth control.

lol at women in the West have it tougher.

Meanwhile in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Yemen.... Islam treats women great! Especially ethnic and religious minorities!

A little acid in the face never hurt no one!

Because the enemy of their enemy makes for a friend of convenience.

"Yeah, I've never seen any American 3rd wave feminists supporting movements against female genital mutilation."
That's your quote and I'm replying to it. FGM isn't a feminist issue.

Still waiting for your links. Dodge dodge dodge. Single line reply. . .

Good lord... Did you not see the "/s"?? I thought you were replying to the message I was sending through the sarcasm and arguing that feminists are apologists for FGM. The guys on the other side got it. Pick up your game, son.

You just posted what you think modern feminists opinions are with no factual information. I don't have to prove you wrong.

You're the person that needs to post sources. Is that so hard to understand?

Dude, just so I'm 100 percent clear, what position do you think I am taking on this issue?

Wow, never heard this argument before. Very novel.

Anyways, whatever the reason I'm sure it has nothing to do with the tendency of people to criticize their own culture and societies since its that context that affects them most. Its probably because Soros pays them to keep quiet on it, doesn't want them getting in the way of his plan to create Eurabia.
This.

I have literally known a total of six Muslim people.

Where are these “ feminists who love Islam”?

Not America.

True and not only that everyday people find their own methods of resisting oppression in subtle ways and sometimes the culture or social structure has its own, less visible safety valves to reduce it. In many Muslim countries the extended family and the role of the elders(including female elders who often outlive the male ones) are very important which means women tend to have a support network of other women to rely on.

No doubt, as I have said may times myself on this forum, women can be just as much, if not more, complicit in the oppression of other women so this is far, far from a guarantee against oppression. But at times I do think it can serve as a counter-weight to some excesses of male abuse. No doubt though, with perhaps only a few exceptions, women's rights in the Muslim world are far from ideal to say the least.

That said, I think it best for western feminists to generally take a backseat on the issue and leave the heavy lifting to women from within those cultures. Outsiders criticizing a culture can easily be dismissed as colonialist or imperialist and whatnot but women from within it have a stronger position to argue from. Sometimes they even use traditional logic against patriarchal excess, like when women in Afghanistan chastise the men of their society for failing in their duty to protect women or use madrassas as platforms to promote the use of birth control.
i agree with you to a large extend but my only disagreement would be that often its the female elders that are the ones who are abusive towards the younger women. ie power struggle between the mother in laws and the wives. I'm not sure if it was you or someone else who had noted that the conditions in Morroco are great where women have the ability to freely work and divorce but there is a big stigma against divorce. I believe that is the perfect system where there is pressure on people to not divorce but they can still use divorce as a last resort and at the same time support themselves.

I agree with your point about feminists taking a backseat on the issue as it can be viewed as imperialist. Look at the behaviour of these western men on this forum when we easterners tell them that many times they treat their women with disgust ie used as cum dumpster, making single mothers out of them and than not supporting their own children. Its best to first look in the mirror before criticizing others

A good way to get murdered for one.

The patriarchs of the West were taught to at least pretend to be humble, deferential, and considerate of different ideas, solving problems with words.

The patriarchs of Islam will kill you if you disrespect/dishonor them or their prophet, peace be upon him.

Islam has adherents ready to kill and die for their causes, feminism wants equality in this life and values this life as the highest achievement.

If you are a young woman/grad student and you have been taught this is your only life to live, you are not usually willing to lay it down for the other woman, who if she is from Yemen might encourage her son or perhaps even daughter to kill you for the honor of her tribe/religion.

Feminism can readily bring good, or wreak havoc upon western institutions, while the "old world" simply uses violence to suppress or eliminate women's voices.

@ Me Too might as well be, @ Kill me too, cultural forces and globalization might spread nihilism, materialism, and hedonism far and wide enough to undercut Islam's power, however, with Europe's ahem cultural shift that seems like a tenuous bet to make.

When we approach the topic we come up against several walls:
We're told we don't understand the religion/culture/social structure, and that we shouldn't interfere with it.
Are they afraid? Is it some kind of bias? Or may be it doesn't fit their narrative? What is it?

Women in the west have it worse and therefore complain more.

Arabs are real men and don't pander to women's demands. Their women are happier and respect them more.

Because the left has adopted “intersectionality” which means they have to follow an oppression hierarchy, and Muslims rank high in the “oppression ladder”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back