Why are we still waiting to hear about Rothwell's USADA fate?

Crushasaurus

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I was reading the Sherdog rankings and they said they bumped Rothwell off the list while waiting to hear about his USADA case. He last competed in April 2016. Pretty soon he will have been out of action for 2 years! How is his case taking this long?

What are the chances that we're gonna see this guy in the UFC again? 2 years is a long time off, most don't come back the same. He's currently 36 ,although that seems to be a "prime" age for UFC heavyweights nowadays.

Still waiting to hear about Barnett too, and I think Brock is still trying to get to the bottom of his case, too.

He's probably contesting it, rather than accepting whatever USADA offered. Same reason we haven't gotten Barnett's sanction yet.

Still waiting to hear about Barnett too, and I think Brock is still trying to get to the bottom of his case, too.
Brock dropped out of the testing pool, so it's a good bet he dropped that and is back in wrestling for the long term.

He's probably contesting it, rather than accepting whatever USADA offered. Same reason we haven't gotten Barnett's sanction yet.
that's it. if the athlete doesn't contest it, it goes fast.

here's dimspace's more complete answer, from another thread.

totally normal. hearings on average take about 9 months from date of positive.

theres some still havnt made it to hearing from October 2016, 18 months ago.

theres an awful lot of back and forth has to go on. usada request information, athletes provides information, usada query something, athlete responds, and generally every time usada ask something, request something, they give either 21 or 30 days for the athlete to respond..

so yes, it takes a while.

say for instance, they ask Jones for a certain document, and they give him 30 days to provide that document..

so he provides it on day 29..

but a certain box on that document hasnt been signed, so they return it to him and ask him to get the box signed and return it.. give him 21 days to respond..

suddenly, thats SEVEN weeks to provide a single peice of paper with a signature on it

Brock dropped out of the testing pool, so it's a good bet he dropped that and is back in wrestling for the long term.
Weren't they talking about a potential comeback for him recently? The USADA thing was never settled so I dunno what they'd do with that.

Weren't they talking about a potential comeback for him recently? The USADA thing was never settled so I dunno what they'd do with that.
who is 'they', and what is 'talking'?

rumors are a bitch, eh?

The UFC wasn't, twitter and sherdog were. To come back, Brock would have to reenter the testing pool, and serve the greater of the remainder of his sanction from when he left the pool, or 6 months. In any case, he accepted a 1 year ban, but then left the testing pool. So the only reason he's in any sort of limbo is not wanting to put up with filing whereabouts reports and getting tested by USADA.

we are waiting for Rothwell to tell us it was dick pills

just kidding I like Rothwell

Rothwell: "Don't jump to conclusions, wait for the facts."

Also Rothwell: *accused every top HW of roiding without evidence*

Rothwell: "Don't jump to conclusions, wait for the facts."

Also Rothwell: *accused every top HW of roiding without evidence*

Haha. I kinda liked him but thought it was really corny of him to say "just work hard and believe in yourself" after his Overeem win because he had been caught before as well. Now he's been caught again. You don't expect a guy like Rothwell to be a phony hypocrite but eh, probably shouldn't have expectations of integrity from a dude who gets punches people for a living.

I'm sure it was tainted supplements for all of them.

Back